Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinky farts ever since started paleo

Hi all,
    I did the whole30 this summer, and have been eating mainly paleo ever since. Diet mainly consists of eggs/meat for breakfast, a salad with chicken (or some other meat) for lunch, and meat/veggies for dinner. I'm feeling awesome, maintaining weight, etc etc except for one thing which you've already guessed from the title: I have AWFUL smelling farts. I have never in my life been a guy who has bad smelling farts. EVER. But now it's truly offensive. Anyone else experiencing this? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

You need to fix your gut flora. Try eating fermented foods, especially fermented vegetables
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I have almost no gas anymore. Oddly, I do find that when I DO have gas, it's MUCH more foul smelling than when I was eating CW (TMI, I know), but it happens SO infrequently anymore that I am willing to accept the trade-off.

And yes, I second the fermented veggies recommendation. I eat a ton of them these days.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I think it may have to do with the high protein. My friend has goats, as do I. I feed a more forage based ration. They are on milk test and feed a very high protein grain and plenty of it. Their goats toots are horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
          You need to fix your gut flora.
          This.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
          X