This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
    What harm would there be in giving into your cravings? For me, I found out that the pizza wasn't near as good as I remembered and the stomach pains were not worth it.
    Ice cream has never been my first dessert-of-choice, so I'm baffled why my body wants it. Pizza will result in a pounding headache, which is not worth it at all! I don't feel like I'm under-eating, which might trigger these cravings, but maybe my body disagrees.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Maybe Paula can change the title of this thread to eliminate the January Challenge.

I have to learn how to navigate MFP. I think I am a bit intimidated by it. I plan on starting to track on Feb 1st. I would rather stand naked in a blizzard (not a good mental image. sorry)
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I actually haven't been putting the food in as the meals I'm eating them. My phone just defaults to snacks for some reason and I forget to change it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
          I don't feel like I'm under-eating, which might trigger these cravings, but maybe my body disagrees.
          Clearly there is something lacking that your body wants. Instead of ice cream, how about HWC or coconut milk on frozen blueberries or something?

How are you eating lately (and don't say anything smartass like my husband would!)?.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            I hadn't thought about putting BUTTAH in it!! What a blessed idea!!
            Plus, its an extra way to get moar fat! Hey!
            Georgette

Comment

• Ok found the cream cheese clouds and they sound fantastic, but is there anything I can use instead of Splenda? I HATE that stuff! The only sweeteners I have on hand are honey and brown/white sugar =\

Comment

• We can always start a new thread for February.

@GP, no real cravings, except I crave fat and bacon more often.
                Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by ErinF View Post
                  Ok found the cream cheese clouds and they sound fantastic, but is there anything I can use instead of Splenda? I HATE that stuff! The only sweeteners I have on hand are honey and brown/white sugar =\
                  I use Davinci sugar free syrups
                  Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by ErinF View Post
                    Ok found the cream cheese clouds and they sound fantastic, but is there anything I can use instead of Splenda? I HATE that stuff! The only sweeteners I have on hand are honey and brown/white sugar =\
                    I used honey in mine.

Comment

• Speaking of honey... I just used up 12 g of my 25 g carbs on 2 tsp of honey. I had 1 in my smoothie and 1 in my tea (not something I normally do), now I'm up to 20 carbs, I was shooting for 25-30 and I haven't had dinner yet. I'm still having trouble dialing in the macros, I had one day that was spot on. I'm learning a lot, but I never thought it would be so challenging to get the macros right. Enough complaining, I'll go back to lurking.
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• When I was fiddling with MFP I somehow set my carbs at 15. ?????? One small apple used it all up. I have set my carbs higher now just so I can eat!

Comment

• Panda, my suggestion is that you should try either the cream cheese clouds or Dr. Attia's ice cream from our recipe group. Also, I saw somewhere (it may have been here?) where the person sauteed the stuff she wanted on her pizza (mushrooms, onions, peppers) threw in some sausage. then put some warm red sauce on her plate, put the sauteed stuff on top, sprinkled it with cheese and put it under the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese. So it was essentially a crust less pizza, same flavors different form.

Most times I think we crave something because we are missing a nutrient or something, but then there are times we crave something just because we can't have it.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I pretty much ignore the numbers that MFP puts out there, because it increases the numbers when I move a bit (my fitbit is synced to MFP). So I just memorized my goals and get on with it.

Honey will definitely crank up your carbs quickly, really it isn't much different than eating sugar as far as how the body uses it. You could substitute any non-caloric sweetener of your choice in the clouds, or bite the bullet and cut the carbs from somewhere else. For me I would rather have a couple of cups of veggies for the carbs than honey or sugar. I use stevia mostly and sometimes the DaVinci SF flavored syrups.
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hey gang, posting from my phone. Computer has a virus.
                              The name of this thread cannot be changed. I plan to start a new thread on February 1 st called "Eat more fat. The challenge continues" It will include a link to this thread and a recap of the important points. I think we should all make our final reports in this thread on Feb 1 st. Then move the party to the new thread
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                Hey gang, posting from my phone. Computer has a virus.
                                The name of this thread cannot be changed. I plan to start a new thread on February 1 st called "Eat more fat. The challenge continues" It will include a link to this thread and a recap of the important points. I think we should all make our final reports in this thread on Feb 1 st. Then move the party to the new thread
                                Sounds good to me! Thanks, Paula!

Comment

Working...
                                X