X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by calee View Post
    Good Morning,

As background, I started eating mostly Primal ( meat isn't all pastured), so mostly, on January 1st. I love the freedom of letting go of grains and sugar, but eating out choices are sometimes a bit limited. I have eaten primarily low carb for decades and have dropped a considerable amount of weight. I am active and love to walk and hike. I went back to a desk job in the fall and went from 143 to 145. The holidays hit and I was traveling. Scale went from a 145 to a range of 150-152. ACK! major freak out. I had been reading Primal Blueprint and decided it sounds lie a good balance between life/food/movement.

I did the Prato hack for a few days to transition from sugar/flour to low carb again. It got rid of my cravings. My weight still going 150-152 and not dropping while back to low carb (under 40 a day) for two weeks. I've been reading this thread as wells the SLD thread but was hesitant to up the fat. I don't have a gall bladder. I tried a spoon of evoo and my poop turned to tar. That wasn't a good day.

IF, while many talk about it, I can't get past 10am with nothing for coffee with half and half.

Yesterday waking up at 151.6 I said F it, I'm in for a few days of experimentation. I looked around the kitchen trying to figure out what might work for me. I ca,e upon a jar f organic coconut butter. Hmmmm, that stuff as taste, do not SLD, but definitely fat that I could hopefully tolerate.

I had my coffee at 6. Two tbsp of coconut butter at 7. Walked to work, tea in the office at 8. No hunger. Wow. 9, 10, no hunger. At around 10 I had another spoon of coconut butter. Noon I forced myself to eat 4 oz. carnitas w 1 spoon sour cream. had meetings all afternoon. Got home at 4 and had another tablespoon, then walked a 5k. Dinner time made a salad w chicken breast and could only eat half. I had a 1/2 cup pistachios in the shell a little later.

I did my macros. 1249 calories, 73 percent fat. 11 carbs, 18 protein. Yesterday 151.6 this morning 148.8. Am I pleased? You bet! I'll go it another few days to experiment. So I just want to thank you all for your posts because I've read everyone of them this month.

Just sign me....Happy Camper!
    Welcome Calee!

The ladies here are awesome and so helpful!
    Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
    CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
    I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Hi Calee,

I've read from others that supplementing digestive enzymes, ox bile, or HCL is a good idea if you don't have a gall bladder. Otherwise, I would suggest increasing fat slowly, and don't just add extra spoonfuls of oil, but get your fat from food sources.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
        So, does the tinny taste in your mouth make you think of the old dental fillings? Oh, wait. I'm showing my age. Does it bring to mind biting down on aluminum foil? This happened to me this morning and I am hoping it was ketosis.
        Anybody??
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Anybody??
          Yes that's it. Breath mints or something like them may be in order.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Hi all. Confession time... I broke my ketosis this weekend - on chinese food. *hangsheadinshame* Then I spent the rest of the weekend making a feeble attempt to reinstitute the LCHF eating. It was probably closer to HFHC most days. Getting back on track today. Going to the gym this afternoon (over lunch) to start burning off the carbs.

Shampooed my living room carpet yesterday and then part of my bedroom b/c my dogs made a mess. 3 hours of carpet shampooing should be worth something by way of glucose usage right?

Hoping to be back in ketosis by Thursday or Friday.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• OOOOOk.. finally caught up after being gone A DAY! Sheesh! Here is my quickie "I want to make a comment to":

everyone has opinions and that is fine.R-E-S-P-E-C-T.it IS amazing what tastes sweet.welcome shyann. congrats Paula!. I agree with the loving the positiveness of this thread, lets keep it going. I envy ya'lls ketosis. I missed you.

I am working on my first calories of the day and its 10:30 and I am grumpy. Binge last night- you know its bad when my mother even says, "How do you handle it all day everyday" (meaning dd). I tried to just binge on pork rinds and blue cheese but yesterday was rough.. the cookies seemed to appear. No ketosis for me, I am starting over
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The smart and strong woman you are is not beating yourself up but saying let's start again. Positive attitude!
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                  OOOOOk.. finally caught up after being gone A DAY! Sheesh! Here is my quickie "I want to make a comment to":

everyone has opinions and that is fine.R-E-S-P-E-C-T.it IS amazing what tastes sweet.welcome shyann. congrats Paula!. I agree with the loving the positiveness of this thread, lets keep it going. I envy ya'lls ketosis. I missed you.

I am working on my first calories of the day and its 10:30 and I am grumpy. Binge last night- you know its bad when my mother even says, "How do you handle it all day everyday" (meaning dd). I tried to just binge on pork rinds and blue cheese but yesterday was rough.. the cookies seemed to appear. No ketosis for me, I am starting over
                  I'm starting over too. We'll start over together.

Comment

The smart and strong woman you are is not beating yourself up but saying let's start again. Positive attitude!
                    This.
                    For anyone needing a bit of a restart.
                    Today is another day... another opportunity.
                    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow". ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Can't believe I stepped out for a couple of days an we had a stalker step in.
                    What was that even?
                    Ugh.

Anyway.
                    Hooray Paula!
                    It's really good to see you doing, and obviously feeling, so well.

And welcome all newcomers!

I've just been doing what I do. You know, HFLC... and feeling good.
                    This may be a bust week for me as far as loss... the Russian Circus is coming to town soon.
                    I can feel the parade starting to que up already.
                    *sigh*
                    The positive is they usually take a couple of pounds with them when they leave.
                    Last edited by cori93437; 01-22-2013, 10:03 AM.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Yes that's it. Breath mints or something like them may be in order.
                      I had the "tinny taste", like sucking pennies, for about 6 weeks when I started Primal in Feb. 2011. I started to and still use Sugar-Free Tic Tacs. Is there something better that keeps breath fresh - won't chew gum. Don't have the tinny taste anymore but sometimes it's necessary to lean close and talk to someone.
                      Last edited by Rosemary 231; 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• I have read that chewing fennel seeds can help with breath freshening (they taste like mint, I guess?), but I have yet to try it myself!

[edit] LICORICE. They taste like licorice, not mint! Thanks Cori
                        Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-22-2013, 11:47 AM.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• haha I skipped a few pages b/c I was so behind. Thanks for the heads up about the stalker, Cori. I went back and checked it out. Stalker it was. Glad that person seems to be gone. Need no negativity around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            I have read that chewing fennel seeds can help with breath freshening (they taste like mint, I guess?), but I have yet to try it myself!
                            Nope... fennel does not taste like mint.
                            Not at all!
                            More like a mild herby licorice flavor...
                            Please don't try it expecting mint. You'll be very surprised, possibly unpleasantly so if you are opposed to the licorice thing.
                            I do like me some fennel though.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Our favorite local Indian restaurant has a bunch of fennel seeds (and some mini candies sort of like Good and Plenties mixed in) for post-prandial digestion. I always take about 1T to chomp on, and it does help with breath and digestion.

Comment

• This thread is so busy I swear I have 5 pages to catch up with every morning! But I'm glad we're all on the same page!
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X