• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    What, dear Panda?!

Mine were delicious!
    How was there a FAIL?

Hmm... was there perhaps too much protein?
    It's OK.
    I'm sure it was really fatty and nice...
    No worries.
    Oh, they were tasty. That was not the issue at paw. They were so tasty that I blew past my protein limit and left it in the dust.*

* That might be slightly melodramatic. I ended up at 88 grams.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I'm so glad I clicked on this thread. I've been staring at it for days now and finally decided to see what it was all about.

/mindblown

I actually squealed a little when I started reading the posts. I've been feeling like crap for, well almost my whole primal experience, and I think my macros were WAY off. I lost 40 lbs initially and have stalled, my body fat percent makes me cry and it won't budge! I was feeling desperate and a little bit sorry for myself, and the answer was here all along :O I thought going into ketosis was making me feel icky, but I realize now I never made it into ketosis. I've been slightly following The Perfect Health Diet, but I think this suits me better. I hope there's room for one more person in this group. So what exactly are the "rules" for this thread? Do I need to post everything I eat on here, everyday?

This is what I came up with from the instructions in the first post:
      Goal 52kg
      Protein 58g
      Carbs 27g
      Fat 115g
      Total calories 1375

Oh, and I'm on myfitnesspal also, I recently deleted my old account and created a new one. My username is PrimalSiren.

Comment

• No rules
        welcome

I think ive been under feeding my husband lol. He eats what I made for breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon etc usually, and what ever I cook for dinner, always protein + veg. He usually takes leftovers for lunch, but snacks on nuts and fruits. But unintentionally he has been going quite low carb, he did lose about 11 kg, but is still a normal weight range, at the lower end for his height. He has been a bit tired the last few days, and I think its due to lower carb, it certainly won't hurt to up his fruits and veg intake. So will add veg at breakfast and send a huge salad with the protein for his lunch. I do know we are all different after all .

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
          Oh, they were tasty. That was not the issue at paw. They were so tasty that I blew past my protein limit and left it in the dust.*

* That might be slightly melodramatic. I ended up at 88 grams.
          But you know how much I love your melodrama!

And just think of all the massive beautiful calf, thigh, and tush muscles you will be building, which burn more fat by the bye, on the Primal Treadmill of DOOM! *cue Ke$ha dancepar-TAY*
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I'm getting closer to my targeted macros though still a little high on the calories. I'm not feeling hungry tonight, I hope tomorrow I will wake up not feeling hungry like I did today.

Today: 1317 calories
            103 g fat
            87 g protein, that was a little high
            26 carbs

Thanks to everyone for helping me figure this out.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Hi Erin,

Welcome! There are no rules for this thread. We hope to encourage each other in this experiment. Some of us post food here and some on MFP. I see you already did your macros so you are ready to go. There is a LCHF recipe group set up by Demuralist in case you are interested.

My personal advice would be keep the fat high and drink the bouillon. : )
              I'll friend you on MFP.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I had higher than high fat last night and did not wake up hungry. This is kinda new. I also woke up at 6:30am on a weekend! I am assuming sleep is being affected as well.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• ok.. I am giving MPF a try.. sent out friend requests.. if I did not get yours let me know
                  Karin

Comment

• Welcome Erin.

Yeah Karin.

I was hungry last night, so ate. I went over my carbs! not sugar or grain, but over. My net carbs were low though so I am not going to panic. But I gotta get those back down.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Okay, I need help, please. I need some easy "go-to" meals or foods. My constraints: I cannot have dairy, except for butter and ghee, and need to limit the nuts. I also need to keep my protein around the 50 g mark per day.

A few of my current favorites: pate (I finally found my favorite without dairy or other crap in it), egg yolks, mayo, mac nuts (though I have trouble moderating my intake and I swear it takes a lot to make me full!).
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Waves! Hey everyone, I am still with you in spirit and effort. I haven't been tracking this week, just eating as I have been and I'm losing. Tonight is opening night of the play is I am doing and tbh, the time and effort is leaving me exhausted. I am going to enjoy the down time in February, just got to get to the summit and enjoy the performances. I hope you are all well. I will be back as soon as I can!
                        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• bacon and pork rinds??To be honest, I even nibble bacon cold. pepperoni is higher fat.. what if you made some mockish pizza. Sauce on the bottom, load with meats (pep, beef etc.) and a few onions, green peppers, mushrooms, olives (whatever). Who needs the cheese? I guess this would be more of a casserole. goulash.

How about this.. ignore the vegan insert lactose intolerant

Coconut Milk Cheddar (UPDATED)
                          Ingredients:
                          2 cans coconut milk (full fat, thai kitchen brand prefered)
                          3 T agar flakes *(see notes below if using agar powder)
                          1 t white balsamic vinegar
                          4 T tapioca starch
                          1 t smoked paprika
                          1/4 t liquid smoke
                          2 t sea salt
                          1/4 c nutritional yeast flakes (optional but definitely gives it more cheesy-ness) - UPDATE
                          Pinch of turmeric (for more authentic cheese color - optional)

1. Boil coconut milk until no longer seperated. Add white balsamic vinegar, agar flakes, and salt. Boil gently for 15. * (no need to boil 15 minutes if using agar agar powder)
                          2. Add remaining ingredients, one at a time. Whisking all the while! Cook another 5-10 minutes.
                          3. Remove from pan and put in greased, flat-bottomed glass dish or parchment paper lined loaf pan.
                          4. Let cool two hours. You can also stick in fridge when cool and use the next day. Slice and enjoy! (If it's refridgerated, you can actually grate it. It's a little slippery though and easier to just slice).

*UPDATE (please read Agar agar powder speeds this wonderful process of vegan cheese-making. With the agar agar powder, you don't have to boil it nearly as long. After you add the vinegar, agar agar powder and salt to the milk mixture, let it get a good boil then add all the remaining ingredients one by one whisking all the while. Remove from heat and Place in container.

It seems it would have some carbs but healthy fats as well.

Sweet Roots {Infusions of Herbal Living}: Vegan Quesadillas + Homemade Coconut Milk Cheddar
                          Karin

Comment

• or this

it seems pretty easy.. I think
                            Pumpkin's Pantry: Cultured Coconut Milk Cheese
                            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                              or this

it seems pretty easy.. I think
                              Pumpkin's Pantry: Cultured Coconut Milk Cheese
                              This one looks cool, Karin. I might have to try this today!!!!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                                This one looks cool, Karin. I might have to try this today!!!!
                                let me know how it turns out. After you perfect it, experiment with other add-ins to give it a new flavor. It seems very versatile.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X