This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote from his blog...
    "How do you make that ice cream you keep talking about?

We’re still working on the nuances, but the current version is composed of 3.5 cups of whole fat (i.e., heavy, 35% fat) cream, 1 cup of zero sugar almond milk, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp almond extract, 3 tbsp ground espresso powder, and 2 tbsp xylitol. This makes enough to feed about 8 normal people, or me in one sitting." Toss it in a blender, then use an ice cream maker.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Karin, I bet it is more satiating that way, I am slowly easing into lower protein. It'll take a bit more planning though.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
        The icecream is left over from October. It's probably not too great by now. Was Ben and Jerry's
        Read the ingredients and you'll probably toss it. I found a Ben and Jerrys that had WHEAT FLOUR in it!
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
          I'm nearing that TOM, that's my problem. Grrr

And I was supposed to work today, about an hour from home (I'm a farrier, so not office work, no food except something I bring and normally I just bring nuts and dont end up eating them because I'm focused on working). I was going to be gone most of the day, so I ate a heavy breakfast to get me through.. then go caught in a snowstorm and had to come back home.... and sit lol It is much harder for me not to eat at home.. when I'm gone working I can flat starve and it doesn't phase me.
          Oh yes TOM, damn thing LOL

Comment

• Ayla two tablespoons a day of apple cider vinegar can eliminate candida.

Comment

• My day today ended with 117g fat, 55g protein and 25g carbs. I don't think that's too shabby. Trying to figure out how to add 19g of fat, I'm just too full.

I'm finding that I can eat sweets and go right back to eating this way. Like the bit of cake I had Sunday, I went straight back into eating EMF right after. The cream cheese clouds don't seem to bother me at all. I had 2 of those for breakfast today, I just wasn't hungry.

Do any of you make beef bone broth? I'm thinking of seeing if a butcher I like has some beef bones I could use for broth. Would like some variety.
              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
                Ayla two tablespoons a day of apple cider vinegar can eliminate candida.
                Oh yes I remember that, thanks will do that again.

Geo can't stand the smell of beef bone broth so only do chicken at the moment.

Comment

• I'm sorry no more TOM for me but I feel for you ladies!!
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• LOVE beef bone broth!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Here's a happy post ---- its 6:45 pm - I haven't eaten dinner yet - but my macros currently look like this:

calories - 653
                      fat - 86%
                      protein - 12%
                      carbs - 1%

not bad. I'll eat chicken and veggies and it will all change - but I like they way it looks right now! If I'm not in ketosis by now - I never will be! 15 days of HFLC - I should be peeing ketones! I should steal a stick from work! I do work in a diabetic clinic after all.
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion
                      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Tomi i think after a while your body stops secreting the ketones anyway, so can still be in ketosis without it showing up.
                        Someone else may be able to clarify that better though.

Why do you think you will never be in ketosis though?

Comment

• Yeah, Tomi... with those macros you are in ketosis. You can steal a stick to pee on and watch it turn purple in all likely hood.

It is true that as your body becomes accustomed to burning the ketones instead of excreting then in the urine as waste that you don't make the sticks react as much and might just a pink out of them though regardless of your macros.
                          Ignore that.
                          If your macros are good you are fine.
                          The sticks don't need to be dark purple.

I never use sticks even though I have some.
                          I suppose they are a good indicator to someone new in the beginning though... that's why I bought mine, so I could feel like I was on the right track.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• OMG I just ate eggs without feeling sick after!!!
                            Huge!!
                            Pork still makes me feel sick though, but oh well, had some pork belly this morning, but didn't quite enjoy it any way, but yeah felt sick after. Anyone got any ideas on that one?

Comment

• I took my new Fitbit out for a testdrive on a hot and humid morning. Hot + Humid + Ketosis = Major Stinkage!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelli View Post
                                I took my new Fitbit out for a testdrive on a hot and humid morning. Hot + Humid + Ketosis = Major Stinkage!
                                Oh LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X