Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm bowing out........ uping the fat for this HIGH fat thing is causing my gutt fits! I don't have a gall bladder and this is just too much fat for my system to handle. I'll go back to 60-65% fat - thats about all I can handle. I was doing good at that - but once I bumped it up to 70%+ I'm having all sorts of unpleasant side effects.

Good luck everyone! I'll be watching to see how you're all doing!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Rosemary, I am sort of going along the same thinking as Paula, why change what ain't broke. But here are your stats for a 125 pound goal weight.

125 pounds is 56Kg
      Basically 56g of Protein
      28g of carb
      112g + of fat

I don't really think you have to weigh or measure. I would tell you that as long as you are losing you are on the right track.

The thing that Dr. Attia emphasizes, and that I think is essential to get on board with, is that each of us has their own sweet spot and it is essentially an N=1 experiment and your N=1 seems to be working.

You should most definitely hang around and keep us inspired!

What do you eat in a typical day?

JackieKessler, I eat a huge salad with mixed veggies every day for dinner. I am working my way down to the VLC, with luck I won't actually have to go super low, but right now I do NET Carbs (carbs minus fiber-an example of one of my obsessions Rosemary!) and that keeps me under my carb target and still allows me to eat the veggies I love.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

tomi, I would like to say that I for one would not kick you out for a few percentage points of fat! You should feel free to stay if it is helpful for you!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

I'm in. I actually started this quite a few months ago and was feeling wonderful and had lost some fat (but no weight) and then I got derailed by "eat moar taters". Ack. Didn't work. I need to concentrate now on hitting the macros and being mature about calorie restriction. Yes, I'm one of those folks who doesn't lose without restriction. I also need to be careful about getting enough fat. You'd never think it was actually hard to eat the correct amount of "good" fat, would you? Avocados are ripening in the fruit bowl as I type.

I'm edging up on 49 years old, 5'9", currently 238 pounds on a large frame.

The stats to aim for:

175 pounds goal.
          79 grams protein
          39 grams carbs
          158 grams fat.

Good luck to all!

Shelli

Comment

Originally posted by tomi View Post
            I'm bowing out........ uping the fat for this HIGH fat thing is causing my gutt fits! I don't have a gall bladder and this is just too much fat for my system to handle. I'll go back to 60-65% fat - thats about all I can handle. I was doing good at that - but once I bumped it up to 70%+ I'm having all sorts of unpleasant side effects.

Good luck everyone! I'll be watching to see how you're all doing!
            You know, Tomi, the Atkins For Seizures people recommend a ketogenic diet for adults at 65%f/30%p/5%c so your 60-65 is not out of the ballpark at all. The earlier versions of the anti-epileptic diet were more extreme but they are finding the same great results with these ratios.

Comment

+1 Tomi. Don't Leave.
              FWIW I had my Gall Bladder out 12 years ago. 65% is fine. Later, if you want, add more fat slowly. I think it takes time to get used to a change like this. Are you sure it wasn't the cookies? lol

Hi Shelli, We have almost the same stats. Good Luck.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

EMF Report Week 2

Lost 1/2 a pound, 3 more inches off my core, Still no binges.

Week 1, I lost 10.5 lbs and 3 inches.

I expect that the volume of LCHF food + wine that I plan to eat for xmas will cause some bloating. Good thing the next official weigh in is not until next Sunday.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

No binges? That's awesome (even better than the inches - talk about added bonus).

I had my gall bladder out as well. I've been able to slowly adopt.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

Tomi - I think NK is usually 65%+, so you're right in the guidelines
                    -- Ruth

Comment

I have been a tad low on the protein and a tad high on fat as well as calories. I am not trying to be real strict with calories just really trying to get the ratios for now. yesterday they were 80%/ 11%/9% (f/p/c) on 2016 calories.

So the number I shoot for in fat is 140g I hit 181g, the number for protein is 70g I hit 58g, and my carb goal is below 35g (net) and it was 46g minus 23g fiber so 23g Net.

The first thing I will do is to go back to just having cream in my morning green tea and not in my afternoon teas. I also need to watch the cream cheese thing, so yummy, so loaded with fat. that should be enough on the fat side. I am adding a half scoop of whey to my breakfast and that should take care of the protein.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

I feel like my protein is a little low too (this from the girl who was eating, easily 100 g, per day). Sigh. This is a bit more challenging then I would think... Too high, too low... [Of course, I'm feeling so good, that I'm not really complaining...just don't want to lose the LBM I already have}
                        -- Ruth

Comment

the other thing I am going to give a try today is the egg baked in avocado for lunch. I have been doing an avocado with 1T mayo and a sprinkle of pecans. I think nutritionally I would be better off with eggs baked in each half and sprinkled with parm.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

Good morning everyone,

+1 for Tomi sticking around

This morning I woke up craving bacon! So I cooked some up. (Whole Foods applewood smoked bacon) Wow! Did it taste good. I had some brie on the side and a small glass of fresh juice (I made it myself, pineapple, blueberry, cucumber, celery. I'm trying to load up on the phytonutrients for these first couple of weeks.)

Mood wise, yesterday, I felt like I was even closer back to normal than I've been for a very long time. And physically, I felt a lot better, the bloating is going away, and my digestion system feels like it's starting to work again. Happy day.

Comment

happy dance for digestive systems working!!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

Lissee, love have you have your stats in your signature. I may have to borrow the layout
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X