Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFP Pie Chart If you download the script where does the pie chart appear?
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Primal 123 For some people there is an adjustment period during which weight goes up. I don't think you can count the weight you lost while sick. Your body was probably acting very differently than normal. Sorry.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Ayla, a whole avocado is 9 carbs, 9g of fiber 0 net. thinking you got a half there?

The table still shows straight carbs, just the pie chart shows the percentages with net. It didn't change on my phone so I end up with both sets of percentages. Very little difference, very little...with straight carbs they were 7/77/16 (Carb/fat/protein) and net they were 4%/79/17.

Primal123, I can't answer the weight thing, not getting on the scale right now. Wondering if you count your 2Tbs of coconut oil in your counts? And where are your 10 sugars coming from? Just glancing at your macros for yesterday I am confused. An easy way to sort out your macros is to figure that if your Carbs are supposed to be 34g, then Protein should be about double that at 68g, and your fat should be about double that at 136g. That is 1,632 Calories. What macros are you trying to hit? or are you not bothering with the details?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The pie chart is at the very bottom of the page below the table and totals for your daily food tracking.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            The pie chart is at the very bottom of the page below the table and totals for your daily food tracking.
            Darn Tampermonkey says it is running the script, but I don't see anything. Oh well.
            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I use Firefox as my browser, and it is working in that
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Primal123, I'm not shedding pounds either but I am just trying to get my fat up and my protein down. I expected a loss this morning but did not sleep long enough, a little less than 5 hours. I think this makes a difference for me. I am hoping to see a loss tomorrow morning.

I started Primal on New Years day at 152. This morning I am 149 so down a few but those were pounds I put on over the holidays.

I am going to add coconut oil today and see how I do.

Comment

• I haven't been shedding either, but I can tell you flat out what the problem is for me: I'm still eating too much (i.e., too many calories). I'm still struggling to get my protein under control. Each time I slip up, it takes almost a week to get back "in the zone". While getting back into the zone, I find myself famished. Sigh. I will get this - I feel so very awesome when I do
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Walnut Pistachio Cacao nutbar for breakfast.
                    Fat 78% 19g
                    Protein 9% 5g
                    Carbs 13% 7g

yum!

Comment

• Balancing all of this is tough. I am losing but not really eating enough. It is a process and I am still focusing on less than 30 carbs a day and keeping my mind on eating less protein and upping fats.
                      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• I have had a few days that I consider in the zone, had a start of carb flu drank boullion and kicked it out quickly. My mouth has that tinny taste right now, thinkin I am in. Still not doing the scale, although I admit I was a tad curious this morning.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• morning all - I hope that you are all feeling well today.
                          For those of you not losing and/or struggling with feeling hungry - I initially boiled 6 eggs first thing in the morning, and mashed them (while still warm) with HEAPS of butter and salt. This then became my 'go to' snack during the day. I also bought pork belly and sliced it as thin as possible, baked it on a moderate oven for about an hour - until really crispy. Once it was completely cool, I put in a tupperware container. This would have to be the best snack for a day of munchies.
                          It might be that you need to give your body a chance to just eat whenever, until satiated.....and once that fat and protein start to satiate you, then fiddle with macros etc....
                          I found it an uphill battle to control sugar cravings etc.... while transitioning, however I didn't succumb because of those two little tricks !!!
                          Good luck

Ayla you absolutely rock - well done you !!!!

Primal 123 - keep at it, you will have changes happening in your body. And you need to celebrate these small changes. as someone said previously - Rome wasn't built in a day !!!

Finally I have had some success over this last week, so I am absolutely stoked !!!! I will continue with this WOE for the moment, and hopefully can shed the 20kgs I need to shed.
                          So I am down 1.6kg, have lost 2" off bust, 1" off waist, 3" off hips, and 1 " off thighs.
                          Yeehaa.......
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Primal 123...

You've just been sick so give it a bit to re-adjust.

Also, is it possible that your TOM is approaching?
                            This happens to me sometimes. No loss or a small 1-3 lb gain over a week or so and I'm all WTH.
                            And then TOM pops up and I'm like... "Ohhhhhh... THAT!" LOL
                            The weight always disappears again about 3 days into TOM. It's just fluid retention.

Plays havoc with my brain too unfortunately.
                            If I'm paying close attention I can divert it a bit/minimize it with some extra medication and stricter eating... but hormonal water retention is still a fact of life for me and affects my medical condition somewhat no matter what I do.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• "I initially boiled 6 eggs first thing in the morning, and mashed them (while still warm) with HEAPS of butter and salt."

This sounds so good! I just realized this thread existed.. I just joined the forum, after reading for months - I am doing this basically the same - high fat, moderate/lower protein, very low carb - generally I'm eating 70% fat or a bit higher.

Anyone experience INTENSE morning grogginess? As in, an almost inability to get yourself out of bed?

My child gets up early and I used to be able to drag myself up and out of bed before 6 with her every day, down a huge glass of water, and get going. Make coffee, play, etc. This was while low fat high carb.

But while eating high fat now, it's like I'm drugged. I can barely force my eyes open let alone control my limbs and make my body get up. It takes at least an hour of in/out of consciousness before I manage to get myself upright.

It's really odd and really intense and I have no idea what's up with that...

Comment

• wah the scales went up 1/2 kg over night (1.1 lbs). I don't understand.
                                Damn scales and numbers. I have been meeting my macros.
                                Maybe its the BP coffee?
                                Tomorrow is the official second weigh in, so I guess ill see. I do feel smaller though.
                                My TOM is not due for over a week so can' t be that.

Comment

Working...
                                X