Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made bone broth yesterday and will be enjoying a cup later today! And I have all the ingredients at the ready to make the cream cheese clouds! they are on the counter softening as I type!!!

I have a huge victory to shout out! I finally got to 179.2 this morning! I've been stuck in the low 180's for MONTHS! I'm so pleased to report that this HFLC is working wonders! This is day 12 - and no cheats at all. I'm sticking my new years resolution (see my signature) and I'm feeling good.

I'm thinking when I get to the lower 170's I will be moving down a size in my jeans - and will be able to comfortably wear my size L tops! Yeah! I'm so danged excited I don't know what to do!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yay, Tomi!!

I am not getting on a scale until the 15th but my jeans are falling down and my fat is getting squishy. Cross your fingers!
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Just to report, Clint and I had to attend a financial seminar this morning as part of getting our bankruptcy discharged. Anywho, they had cookies, donuts and Chex Mix as a spread for people to snack on. I had none of it. Before we left, I had my coffee with heavy cream, broth with butter and bouillon and 2 cream cheese clouds and was fine until we got home just before noon. Once we got home, I made bacon and eggs for all of us and feel great. Going to make Creamy Chicken Scampi for dinner tonight. Got more recipes I'm going to try out for dinner this week so I will post those as I try them out.

In other words, I feel thinner if that makes any sense. I'm not going to get on the scales again until next Friday and see what they show. I have also started supplementing the CO as advised per SLD and I will say sleep came a hell of a lot better last night. People at work have said that my hair looks a ton better since starting NK and I will say that for the first time in my life, I have strong fingernails. Never had that before.
        Georgette

Comment

• good morning to you all. I am so NOT sleeping well at present, and I have no idea why. I don't feel hungry, but am losing weight quite steadily now. I have limited my Yerba mate to the morning only, I can only have coffee in the morning anyway, so no surprises there........I am truely at a loss as to know what my problem is.
          My daily calories have been sitting around 1200-1400, with a fat between 100-130gms, protein between 44-80gm and carb between 4-30gms.
          So I feel that I am eating enough.
          the weight that I am aiming for is 60kg, so carbs should be approx 30gms, protein - 60gms and fat about 120gms/day
          Maybe I need to eat more fat ???????
          thoughts please
          oh and I am trying to do about an hour of exersize each day just to get out and about, but I am not adding that in as extra calories.
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I do not sleep well and haven't for years. How much of it is menopause? How much of it is too much on my brain? How much of it is a vitamin deficiency? i may never know but I celebrate the days I get a solid night's sleep. I am so happy for everyone who is sleeping better with this WOE!!

Comment

• Wow everyone is doing great
              I too am enjoying my chicken bone broth I make, I do add a bit of salt when I reheat it to eat.

Unsure about the sleeping thing G, someone else should have some advice real soon.

Comment

• Tomi, I'm so excited for you! Your 12 days of commitment have rewarded you! Hallelujah!!

I have been exasperated but finally saw a number under 149 for the first time in a month. It makes me so resolved to stick to my New Years commitment to stay away from all grains.

We can do this!

Comment

• Cutting out the alcohol plus upping the fat really seems to be working for you, Tomi. Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                    Wow everyone is doing great

Unsure about the sleeping thing G, someone else should have some advice real soon.
                    Thanx Ayla, you are such an inspiration, and so supportive ! keep at it

...small steps....

Comment

• Aw thanks I try

What do you do before bed? Watch tv? Or use computer?
                      Maybe try only reading or something?
                      Too much tv and computer stimulates me too much before bed sometimes.

Comment

• I usually fall asleep reading, but this week I seem to be quite amped at bedtime. I am wondering if its the oil ???, or the weightloss????
                        Really not sure. Hopefully tonight will be better !!! oh and it was hot last night, however i did the peppermint oil on the back of the neck, and that cooled me down beautifully....so....??????

...small steps....

Comment

• Yay Tomi! I am excited for you.

I had oopsie rolls with sausage, mushrooms and pepper jack cheese for breakfast with a cup of coffee with primal non dairy creamer. Lunch was random of macadamia nuts, cream cheese cloud, egg salad and a handful of small dill pickles. I am having a glass of red wine now... Planning a dinner of local grass fed sirloin with steamed broccoli, one more cloud for dessert.

So happy I found a local market for grass fed beef. Have two more steaks in the freezer, local bison too. Going to order half a cow I think... Much cheaper that way and we have the freezer space.

Question: what do you all think of a food processor? I mean, do you see them as a necessity or just a nice convenience... Or unnecessary entirely? Any particular recommendations? Looking at the cuisinart models but not sure what I might really want. Maybe a cheaper brand would be fine. Hmm...
                          My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Zee View Post
                            Question: what do you all think of a food processor? I mean, do you see them as a necessity or just a nice convenience... Or unnecessary entirely? Any particular recommendations? Looking at the cuisinart models but not sure what I might really want. Maybe a cheaper brand would be fine. Hmm...
                            I LOVE my food processor, but I also cook a lot. I use it for everything. I make coconut butter. I rice veggies (like cauliflower). I make my (primal) pancake batter. I shred meat that is a little tough (DH has braces and mom has teeth issues).

I don't have any good suggestions. I have a cheap one from Walmart that has lasted amazing long considering its use. I would one day like a VitaMix.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Finally getting the carbs in line with ratios thanks to coconut milk replacing regular milk. Finally coming to terms with the amount of protein I can eat, which is less than I'd like because I lurve meat. It's the FAT that is hard to hit. I was just looking at my totals on Sparkpeople and really only have one meal to go, plus maybe another coffee...and there's no way I'm gonna hit 158 grams without knocking back a TBS or two just as-is.

Also....200 grams of broccoli is a LOT of broccoli. Even with a TBS of delicious butter, I can't eat all that broc.

Comment

• How about making a soup with the broccolli Shelli, and adding coconut cream or butter or such ???? And I know what you are saying about the meat. I too love meat, but this higher fat is really curbing the old appetite - this time !!!

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X