Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So - I think I need a do-over - or at best a start-over. Cuz I blew it super big time today............ Lets just say a box of Lorne Dunnes found its way in to my cart yesterday........... and now they are all gone. Damn little bite sized yummies are just melt in your mouth goodness!

I feel so ashamed................... half yesterday - half today. UGH! I binge very rarely.......... and I should know better than to buy lorne dunne cookies cuz its like trying to eat ONE potato chip. You just can't do it.

Carbs for today = 162 ............. thats a tad over my 30 max. I think I'm going to have pancreatitis or and insulin overdose or something aweful like that. For sure a sugar high - and DROP in a couple hours.

Okay - I screwed up. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm going to try to not eat anything else today. 4 peices of bacon and 20 Lorne Dunnes should be enough.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Yep, we all fall down sometimes. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, cuss yourself out (as appropriate) and start RIGHT NOW to do it right again.

For me, the slips have been educational (even if it took more than once - I can be slow, sometimes). Things were never as good as I remembered them - because I am not that person any more. This has taken some getting used to - like acquiring a taste for fat (yum!!) - but the pleasure I get now from those old foods is not the same as the remembered pleasure. They don't satisfy me the way they once did. Once I accepted that (having proved it wasn't a fluke), resisting temptation got a lot easier.

Maybe that will be true for you -- or maybe not. But it has made a difference for me.

Comment

Well, while I am very sad for you Tomi, it does make it easier to admit that I lost it today. I keep a variety of nuts in baggies in my pantry, and mid afternoon I went for a handful of nuts. Well as it turns out one of the bags was pecans with some kind of sweet/hot coating. Didn't even know they were there, threw back a few and bam, finished the bag (about 1/2C). Then a WTF attitude hit, I had a piece of cake (bundt- one bump of the bundt - it was so moist and definitely worth it), and even a PB/nutella chocolate chip cookie.

None of these things, well maybe the cake, was worth the transgression.

I am done with it, at least until I forget how crappy it makes me feel. My tummy is not happy and of course mentally well, it does make you feel like a bit of a failure.

Enough of that. No more guilt, and back on the wagon.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

well, as sad as I am to hear of your blunders - there is a sense of comfort in knowing I'm not that only one to screw up.

Sometimes that old "me" sneaks back in - even when I know I'm going to be sorry for what I'm eating!!!

I'm going to a party tonight at a restaraunt (no host) - there will be lots of food options (for purchase) and drink options as well. I'm thinking with the way my tummy is feeling I won't be eating much for the rest of the day. I've already consumed 1240 calories, and 1400 is my cap ---- so there isn't room for anything anyway. I will likely have water and just enjoy the company. My best friend and her hubby are home from teaching in Korea (christmas break) - this is their family/friends christmas gathering. I am excited to see her! I just got a text that they just landed in PDX and are safe and sound at the hotel! we won't be drinking much cuz we have an hours drive home after the party. I might let hubby enjoy and I'll be the DD.

anyway............ time to get back to thinking HF/LC --- that definitely does NOT include lorne dunnes.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

So from a positive perspective, this little binge, is way smaller than what it would have been even a few months ago, and absolutely miniscule compared to what I would have done a year ago. I didn't bother to try to track what I did, because everything was homemade. But a year ago, a binge would have been a pound bag of peanut M&M's, and a pint of Haagen Daas Swiss Vanilla Almond.

I am just sitting with a cup of nice tea, chai spiced with a spritz of HWC, and a few drops of stevia.

I usually do really well at parties, I am always the DD and carry a purse without a handle. One hand holds the clutch, one hand holds the drink, no hands free for food.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

I agree Chris.

Back on Sunday, I got into some ice cream after 6 clean LCHF days. The difference was that it wasn't a binge at least not like the old normal. The only negative is that the sugar influx affected my weight loss this week.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

I'm going through the recipe links that y'all have posted and copying and pasting them into a word document that way I have them saved. This will make it easier to find recipes to try out and make. Thanks ladies!!!
                Georgette

Comment

Here's something I was just thinking about. If you don't have the macros for a recipe, are there any websites that you can enter the ingredients into and get a display of the macros? I was trying to Google this and can't find anything.
                  Georgette

Comment

If you plug in the ingredients to myfitnesspal in the recipes, you can tell it how many servings (or just leave it for the whole recipe) and it will give you the macros. But there may be easier ones than myfitnesspal to use. It is free.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

I have thought about this, and decided that I am NOT going to punish myself by going really strict to make up for yesterday. I am just going back to what I have been doing. It was working, yesterday was a fluke.

Just a side note...if you are hankering for ice cream, what I have been doing for my boys is to whip 1C of HWC to fairly stiff, add 4T nut butter (for them it is PB) and 2 droppers of liquid stevia, whip that together. then serve with a T dark chocolate chips on top. It Satisfies the craving for ice cream, is sooo easy to make, and is LCHF!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

That sounds great. I would rather not eat ice cream anyway after watching "Sugar:The Bitter Truth" Too much Fructose and of course it kicks you out of nutritional ketosis.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

Your approach sounds good. The "ice cream" sounds good, except that I'm not craving any sweets these days (hooray!). [Of course, who's to say what's going to happen when TOM arrives]
                          -- Ruth

Comment

Hi Ladies

Thought I'd join ya'll for January, and so I uploaded a recipe for broccoli casserole to the group page. (I used SparkPeople to find the macros for the recipe.)

The last few months have been hellish, but I'm feeling like getting back on track now. (I had some medical issues come up in September and for the past few months nutrition and eating properly has been the least of my worries.) So this January challenge is perfect, thanks!

I'm doing a soft restart, but my macros ended up being decent for yesterday (and excellent on the fat side!). 63% fat, 16% Protein, and 21% carbs. 1883 calories. I'm going to juice for a couple of weeks to try to load up on phyto nutrients, so my carbs are going to be higher for a little bit before they eventually settle.

Comment

For those of who will start tweaking after a bit (none of us, right?)... I've been reading some nutritional ketosis threads over at Low Carb Friends and I re-read chapter 8 of PB last night. Both essentially say that you lock down protein and carbs (and this might take a bit of tweaking) and then after that you use fat as a lever to go up and down. Makes sense....

Also, FWIW, over on the other thread, most woman needed to be at the lower end of the protein range (the .6 range Paula cites in the OP). It was difficult for a lot to transition. I found that early this week. I had to give myself permission to eat a bit higher calorie and focus on retraining my body and getting to satisfaction again.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

Good Stuff Ruth.

+1 to not limiting fat in the beginning. I am eating all the fat I can take and still staying within a decent calorie range.

Welcome lissee!
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X