Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep making my eating window afternoon/evening. Currently doing BP coffee in the morning, and may change that after this 30 days.

Comment

• Final figures for today:

Fat 137 gm (72%)
      Carbs: 29 gm (7%)
      Protein: 92 gm (21%)

Very pleased with that... even more pleased that I now know how to find that on my phone! haha
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hey...

For anyone concerned about fasting glucose levels being higher than post prandial--- read this:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74952.html

And drink some green or oolong tea. I personally recommend oolings as they are my own favorite even though I currently cannot drink them.

Food today.

B: 2 c coffee w/ cream. No CO today... and again, weird but less energy and no "warm" feeling.

D: Slow roasted cuban pork. If you aren't familiar... it's seriously fatty-licious. Its kind of slow cooked in it's own fat and juices and a marinade of sour orange (tastes like 1/2 OJ 1/2 lime juice) and garlic with some roasted onion and colored pepper strips, and a side of Collard greens.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Hey...

D: Slow roasted cuban pork. If you aren't familiar... it's seriously fatty-licious. Its kind of slow cooked in it's own fat and juices and a marinade of sour orange (tastes like 1/2 OJ 1/2 lime juice) and garlic with some roasted onion and colored pepper strips, and a side of Collard greens.
          Hi Cori....do you have a recipe ?????
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Thats great Jenn
            What calories did it end up being all up?
            How many meals?
            Sorry just working out what everyone else is doing

That dinner sounds delicious Cori.

Aircon is now on, its over 40 degrees
            I will save my walk for as late as possible, or go lift some weights, I wasn't going to add weights yet, so not sure.

Comment

• Okay I'm shooting for this:
              Ideal weight 132 (maybe doable since I'm older now and have less muscle mass)
              60 grams protein (54-66 range)
              30 grams carbs (27-33 range)
              90 grams fat
              with 1200 total calories.

90 grams fat is 70% - thats only a bit higher than I've been averaging. I'll just have to up the butter, add sour cream to everything and hope my insides can handle the added fat.

Nut butter is totally out for me cuz they make me feel sick - as are nuts in general - cuz I eat way too much of them when they are available!! I can't do coconut oil cuz it seems to just slide right through me............

I might have to go back to my idea of trying to make homemade ice cream with stevia. HWC and 1/2-1/2 + sweetener + whole eggs + vanilla. That would be a total fat bomb if I could make it with stevia. and yummy goodness too! that would mean getting some more Lactaid cuz I'm totally lactose intolerant - on top of everything else! UGH!

On a positive note: even though I've been bloated and feeling crappy in my tummy area - I'm noticing my bum is getting smaller, and those nasty fat rolls on my back are looking less rolly-polly! So, the scale may not be moving, but I am seeing changes in the mirror. And I've have lots of people lately comment on how my face is looking thinner!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ayla2010;1054627]Shelli where in Aus are you?

Ayla, I'm just down the road from you in Shellharbour.

As for Cinnabon, it's the smell that's tempting more than anything. I learned quite awhile ago that cinnamon rolls and I just don't get along. For a lot of years I thought it was the cinnamon.

Comment

• Hows the temp there Shelli? Its over 40 already.

Tomi, that looks like a good plan I think, and yay for looking smaller

Comment

• I use this recipe... I amend it a little.
                    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cuban-pork-roast-i/

I always use a pork butt rather than a shoulder.
                    I double the spices and liquid, marinade with half+ (depending on butt size) and reserve half, and add the reserved half as needed through cooking... I cook until it is falling completely freaking apart. Not just "done". This takes longer than the 2 1/2 hours suggested. Like 3 or 3 1/2. YMMV. This may just be my oven. Or that I tent to buy larger pork butts.
                    The dry spices I toast then wizz in a spice grinder, then it goes in a blender with liquid and rough chopped garlic. Wizz until smooth.
                    Also I add way more garlic... triple or so.
                    I tend to add a Tsp of coriander seed to the dried spices too... but that isn't very traditional.
                    I put a couple of bay leaves in the pan while cooking it as well... IMO a bay leaf or two never hurt a thing.

I don't trim the pork butt... I leave all the fat on it. And use a deep pan that fits close to the meat so that it keeps the meat fat and juices kind of close on the meat as it cooks.

Where it says "carve" it shouldnt require more effort than pulling apart with forks.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• ill have to try that one I think.
                      Next time I stock up on meat will get some pork butt (whatever its called here, don't remember seeing butt though).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                        ill have to try that one I think.
                        Next time I stock up on meat will get some pork butt (whatever its called here, don't remember seeing butt though).
                        It's the top end of a pork shoulder, opposite of the leg end so you don't end up with all bone from the leg joint in case you want to ask the butcher... or in case that description makes better sense.
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• ah yep, I think ill be able to ask for the right thing.

Comment

• Have been doing a little tweaking on the food charts.......... I've decided I will start each day with 2 eggs + 2 yolks, scrambled in 2 TB butter. That will give me a good fat base to work on. This meal may not be until late afternoon cuz I often fast until I get home from work - all depends on how the morning goes. But that would make a great get home from work meal. but doing this I will have nearly 1/2 my fat grams taken care of with that one meal - and NO carbs, and 1/3 my daily proteins. So, add a bit of meat with some veggies and some fats for dinner and I should be good to go! I like this plan. Eggs are easy, and yummy!

This WILL work!!!!
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              Have been doing a little tweaking on the food charts.......... I've decided I will start each day with 2 eggs + 2 yolks, scrambled in 2 TB butter. That will give me a good fat base to work on. This meal may not be until late afternoon cuz I often fast until I get home from work - all depends on how the morning goes. But that would make a great get home from work meal. but doing this I will have nearly 1/2 my fat grams taken care of with that one meal - and NO carbs, and 1/3 my daily proteins. So, add a bit of meat with some veggies and some fats for dinner and I should be good to go! I like this plan. Eggs are easy, and yummy!

This WILL work!!!!
                              That sounds like a great idea. I was not eating eggs, as when I was having the issues with my gall stones they made me feel sick. But will try again.
                              Could always add HWC if needing more fat in there. Ill work out the macros for tomorrow. I think I am just really wanting to give up coffee for a while. I know its not good for me.

Comment

• this is what I get:
                                Kroger Grade A Large - Egg, 3 egg 210 Cal 15g Fat 18 g Protein
                                Pura - Double Thick Cream, 25 ml 115 Cal 11g Fat
                                Butter - Unsalted, 2 tbsp 204 cal 23 g fat
                                total cal 529 fat g 49 8g protein

Comment

Working...
                                X