• Damn I feel so damn good.
    This is seriously tripping me out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
      Damn I feel so damn good.
      This is seriously tripping me out!
      Welcome to ketoland. Kinda fun, huh?

Comment

• It sure is. I never successfully managed previously, even though I thought I was fat adapted, but maybe I truly wasn't.
        How long should I push out the not eating thing though? I am reluctant to make myself eat, but I also worry about my boys not seeing me eat, but I do tell them its ok not to eat if you are not hungry. They always are eating LOL

Comment

• Ladies Don't want to be a party pooper, but NK is not about eating so little that you are constantly in starvation mode. Some of you gals don't seem to be eating enough. Try to keep your macros and calories somewhat intact even if you don't feel hungry. Just want people to be successful long term.
          Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-06-2013, 06:32 PM.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• What about when not hungry though Paula?
            Just make myself eat something small?
            I just worry about doing this, since I spent so long eating so much.

What is the best way to incorporate IF into this? Eat 2 meals while meeting the macros?

I think its the BP coffee, I really should try to do this without it I think.

Comment

• Well, I think it has to do with how far you are from your goal weight. If you still have a fair amount of "padding" and you are running in ketosis, your body is not being malnourished because it is on a tasty diet of human thighs and belly fat.

Comment

• Everyone might not agree with this BUT...
                My 2c on the initial major lack of appetite with ketosis is eat when you are hungry.

Yeah you may eat really low cal for a few days or a week, but it will return to a more normal balance as your body becomes accustomed to it. And you will most likely find that you are eating more, and more varied foods such as veggies ect.

Also, I don't think that a day of fasting, or near fasting, here or there is necessarily a bad thing.

As you can tell I'm not of the school that believe that one must for some arbitrary reason eat "x" number of calories every single day. Some days are lower than that imaginary ideal average, some days are higher (when losing weight it's ideal to have more days lower than higher of course). There is actually a theory where folks believe that eating under then having a big caloric day every once in a while to shake things up is better than eating the same every day, but there are a million theories.

Anyway, IMO IF is the bees knees, and occasional 24 hr fasts aren't harmful at all IMO. No reason to worry here.
                But that is just my 2c.

If the under eating went on for a long time or became chronic then I would possibly worry about correcting it.
                I personally have some under eating issues and have had for a long time, but those are tied to a medication I have to take.
                I fretted over it for a while... increasing my fat is one way I can get in enough calories without having to eat volume which is a problem for me, plus increasing my fat intake had the bonus result of helping to control my brain issues.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Thats what I was thinking PB, and as you can see from my siggy, I have plenty of padding.
                  That makes sense Cori, I think for now ill just go with it.
                  I just made a fat bomb, of macadamias, coconut oil, butter, coconut flakes, and cacao powder all blended together, its like a peanut butter texture, but hoping it sets a little. My children seem to like it.

Comment

• I think that for some people, eating very little can work, but for People with life long food issues it could lead to failure. We all have to figure out what works best for us. I knew I would probably ruffle some feathers when I put that out there, but I wouldnt want someone to quit when they couldn't sustain it. I was just saying that you don't necessarily have to severely limit intake to sustain NK.

Ayla, maybe a small eating window would work for you. I get almost 800 cals at breakfast so I may move to one meal myself.
                    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-06-2013, 07:38 PM.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It did lead me to binge in the past when trying pebbles, as I don't think I was truly fat adapted. Now I feel great, and not at all hungry. I don't look at it as limiting due to not being hungry. But I will be conscious of it, and I do think ill stick to my afternoon window of eating. Ill end my current fast though when I feel hunger (or tomorrow morning if still not hungry). I am just scared to force the eating ya know?
                      I have never had this feeling of not having to eat before, it truly amazes me.

I used to be the biggest binger there was, I don't think I posted much on it in my journal last year. But every emotion would set me off, and it was awful, I thought id never get it sorted.

Comment

• As long as I've been on HFLC I have definitely found that 1 meal a day works best for me due to lack of hunger most of the time.

Most days it's coffee w/ cream(not early morning, more like lunch time) and 1 meal, which is a late-ish dinner (I also go to bed late, and get up late, so it's relative I guess.) That's it.
                        Some days I even skip the coffee...

As a side note, and as I posted in another thread, I have been putting some CO in my coffee w/cream the past few mornings and I have to say that it has made a difference for me. More energy, and warmer feeling... and less appetite, which I didn't exactly need but it won't hurt me for a short run so I'm going to see how it goes.

I saw some discussion of claims about CO in that other thread and thought I'd see if it would fire me up... I think those medium chain fats really get the ketones kicking. That's what I think is producing the increased energy and warmth anyway.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Which thread do you mean Cori?
                          I have coconut oil in my BP coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                            Which thread do you mean Cori?
                            I have coconut oil in my BP coffee.
                            The Shangri-La Diet thing... all discussion of whether it's affecting "set point" or simply suppressing hunger.
                            I'm on team Hunger Suppression of course.
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Ill have a look through it.
                              But I have decided not to change anything I am doing for at least a month. But I will eat more when I need to.
                              I only want to check calories and macros every so often, as that also used to send me off on a binge.
                              I like to see where I am at sometimes, but not use it to eat more to make up calories, or eat less if I have reached my limits if I need to eat more. Know what I mean?

Comment

• Ayla, I think that self experimentation is a really positive thing, however I also think that you need to document those results so at least you can look back and see where you are going right and wrong. Maybe for you its not about your food choices and breakdowns, maybe you just document your exersize, sleep, how you feel, and maybe your measurements once a week?
                                Anyway just thinking that for me, I like to reflect and adjust to what works for me.
                                I have read the Shangri-la thread, and think that there could be something in this oil thing - however I will try it another day....not today LOL
                                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X