X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple more things...

My Goals
    My goal is 170 or 77kg. This is toward the high end of my weight range. I am 5'10" tall
    Fat 154g
    Protein 69-85g
    Carb limit 38g

Max cals 1878 74% f / 18% p / 8%c (I actually have been hitting more like 70 / 25 / 5)

***I posted this in my journal a few days ago.
    Caution About 3 weeks into my Primal journey, I had a near deadly incident with pulmonary emboli. Well, I feel I would be remiss in not reporting the following research. Although the damage to my circulatory system was already done due to years of metabolic derangement, the likely trigger for the PE was jumping too quickly from super high carb to below 50g. I have read several studies on this issue. In some people with damaged circulatory systems this can happen. The recommendation is to move down the carb curve slowly. This time, I was able to jump in with both feet because I take blood thinners. So, if you are super carby over the holidays, please take it slow. Cutting down slowly may even help with Carb Flu.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

I'm in. My stats pretty much the same. I hope to take off 10+ by February. I have been under 30g carbs since 11/1.

More fat and less protein are good so far, but I've been out and about and not eating much.
      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

Okay I'm in.

My stats:
        Goal in kilos: 60
        Carbs: 30
        Protein: 50
        Fat: 120

Total calories 1400
        Ratios: fat 77%, protein 14%, carbs 9%

I've been hitting that pretty close - I started this on Dec. 17th - I'm still a bit high on protein and a bit low on fat. So I'll work on that. Smaller meat portions and more fatty snacks. I just snacked on carrots dipped in cream cheese.

Bacon is always my breakfast, sometimes with a couple eggs - mostly just bacon.

Current weight 182.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

I'll be cheering y'all on.

Comment

I've been in NK since early Sept. Love it - and I manage during business travel and customer meals. Just a smile and an "I'm fasting now - but please, go ahead." And I drink bottled water, or water with lemon. I can fast any time I need to.

For the record, the last month the fat has just been sliding off - including my saddlebags. I'm going to have to buy more clothes soon - my pants are getting really baggy. Damn.

Age - 61 (later this month)
            Height - 5'1"/155 cm
            Goal weight - 110#/50 kg

I IF almost every day, with coffee with heavy cream, and one meal in the evening. Gosh, this is so hard ....

Comment

Yay Annlee! We need to hear such encouraging news.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

AnnLee, just for the record (and possible encouragement) do you mind telling us what stage of menopause you are in?
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

NP - been post-menopausal for about 5 or 6 years. Workouts are erratic due to work pressure (unofficial motto - "X doesn't care where you put in your 80 hours a week, as long as you get them all in."). It isn't really that busy, just seems like it most of the time. Emotional fatigue is the hard part, and it's been MUCH better since going keto.

Now I just have to reliably engage the posterior (kick m'self in the butt) to get the workouts regular. Keto has never impacted my workouts save once, when I got a little lightheaded - which drives my comments on various threads to watch your electrolytes.

Comment

Thanks Annlee, We all understand the impact of emotional fatigue. It is probably my biggest binge trigger.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Recipe Group

Here is the link to the LCHF recipe group formed by demuralist as a resource for us. Feel free to join and add your ideas.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group156.html
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

So I am starting tomorrow and will take measurements as well. I know its a January challenge but I think I need a running start. LOL

my goals

Weight 72kg
                        Using rounding (easier to remember!)
                        Protein 70g
                        Carbs 35g
                        Fat 140g
                        About 1700 calories

(look familiar Chris? LOL!)
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Here's a recipe that I make for Brocolli Cheese Soup:

1 Tbsp butter
                          1 Cup HWC
                          1 8oz block of cream cheese
                          3 cups chicken broth
                          bag frozen or fresh chopped brocolli
                          2 cups sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
                          pepper to season

In a pan, place your chicken broth and brocolli in a pan and let cook until soft. In a separate pan, melt your butter, HWC and cream cheese until smooth. When all that is melted, add your cheddar cheese. Once brocolli is cooked, take a stick blender and break the brocolli into smaller pieces, add to cheese mixture and add a little pepper to season. Enjoy!

Don't ask me what the macros are but I know it's high in fat. I know you can google it to get the info.
                          Georgette

Comment

yum!!!
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Yum. We need that on the recipe page, (hopefully someday I can eat cheese again)
                              -- Ruth

Comment

It's really good and great on cold days. My kids eat it up(even the spouse likes it).
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X