Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I have started drinking more water and my coffee consumption has gone way down, so has my consumption of HWC. any really good suggestions for replacing the fat? Stupid question, I know, but I guess I am looking for other than the obvious. What is your go-to fat source?

I haven't given up wine, just switched to a small glass. It gives me 1/4 cup. I measured.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• HB could you just drink the cream?
      Are you trying to quit coffee? I have been trying to quit for a year LOL.
      Anyone else feel sick after eating pork belly? for some reason I always do, dunno why, but I guess its time to stop eating it.
      We get all our meat from a hormone free grass fed butcher, so it shouldn't be because of any nasties.

Comment

• I love my coffee so not giving it up. I typically have one travel sized cup in the morning with HWC and that's it. Then I have a cup of green tea on my first break at work and its water all day on top of that. I have noticed a slight rise in water consumption over the past few days and am starting to pee a lot more. It doesn't help that I work in a call center, but thankfully the restrooms are basically right across from my desk so I can make the two minute dash in 2 minutes. My sleep is way better now than it has been in the past. My husband says that my stomach looks smaller (aka less bloated). All in all, I feel pretty damn good right now.
        Georgette

Comment

• First calories around 2:30...
          Munched a few pork rinds, then had one cup of coffee w/ HWC and 2 tsp of coconut oil for good measure.

Dinner at at 8...
          Soup made from bone broth (which I boil while making it so that the fat mostly suspends instead of separating to the top).
          In the soup... chopped left over pork loin, lots of mushrooms sauteed up in a big spoon of bacon fat, veggies (red pepper, frenched green bean, broccoli).
          I added a TBS of butter to top off my bowl.

Ayla,
          Eating pork belly has never made me sick... not in the least. And boy can I put some pork belly away! Man. I love that stuff. Slow roasted until it's all sticky... really just plain, nothing fancy at all.
          When I eat pork belly there is no doubt it's going to be a high calorie day... I keep nibbling and nibbling and nibbling until it's gone.
          Which reminds me... I need to order some pork belly!
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Yeah 300 g of pork belly was 1000 cal approx and 100g fat LOL.
            It tasted good but how I feel after makes me feel icky!
            Oh well, think ill be skipping dinner tonight, just don't think ill be hungry. Its so good to not "need" to eat as often, and im not forcing myself to eat when not hungry. I used to stuff myself stupid to the point of almost throwing up. Never again. (was lunch, since my husband is home, its the weekend, and he loves pork belly).
            Yay for feeling good Geo, its been so rare for me to feel good so I am loving it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
              HB could you just drink the cream?
              Are you trying to quit coffee? I have been trying to quit for a year LOL.
              Anyone else feel sick after eating pork belly? for some reason I always do, dunno why, but I guess its time to stop eating it.
              We get all our meat from a hormone free grass fed butcher, so it shouldn't be because of any nasties.
              Not specifically, but I do get queasy if I eat too much fat. I've tried (really really) to get 70% of my calories from fat, but I wake up in the morning not feeling very good. I don't think low fat CW is the answer, but around 50% of my calories from fat is comfortable right now. I went a lot of years on frankenbutter, mayos, etc., so maybe that's why. I'll try again in a few months to up the percentage of fat in my diet.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• My hubs loves his coffee but is very particular and with the cost of the coffee he likes, the less I drink the longer it lasts. I'd love to get to just a cup in the morning. I am famous for buying teas and not drinking them. I probably have 35 boxes in the cupboard right now. I guess I could drink the cream or plan on having it over berries at night. I don't want to step on the scale for a few days, but my belly is smaller!
                The new pup will probably be our latest permanent addition. It is amazing how quickly he and the other dogs bonded and how unstressed our female is about him. With the other fosters she was always hiding. With this guy she rolled over on her back and let him put his head on her tummy without grumbling about it.

Yup, we're foster failures.

Comment

• The pup is beautiful, honeybuns. I'd love to foster, but our Aussie is fairly territorial so while he's around, it won't happen.
                  Georgette

Comment

• Its funny, all other fats are fine, its just pork belly specifically that makes me feel sick. Even bacon is OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                      I love my coffee so not giving it up.
                      I think one cup of coffee a day is a good idea.

coffee.jpg

Comment

• Day 5 for me. Surviving TTOM and major home stress. Weigh in tomorrow.

Moved my tracking over to MyFitnessPal and made a cool ticker.

Hope everyone has a successful weekend.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Down again. Not much but I'll take it. Much better than the upward trend of the last couple months which I now realize was when I stopped eating avocados and coconut milk. Hmm....inadvertently decreasing my fat was not helpful.

Comment

• I think I'm in ketosis as of this morning. Woke up almost every hour on the hour to go pee last night and I have that tinny taste in my mouth when I woke up. Not going to worry about ketostix or the meter thing. I have like 5 meters here and if I really wanted to, I could just get the strips but its not a major concern for me. I did wake up around 3AM with hellacious leg cramps so I have added in potassium to my supplements and just started with magnesium before bed. I also started jugging water the minute I woke up at 8:30AM. I've got a water jug that holds 32oz at a time and its about ready for a refill.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Interestingly when I started Primal eating in June (had been grain free since December) I increased my fat to 60-70% and lost weight. 10 pounds or so which was huge as I have only lost at most 10 pounds a year since giving birth 7 years ago. Some years like last year I lost and then gained resulting in 0 change in weight. Anyway, after my initial 10 pound loss over the summer I stopped losing and my weight started to hop around up or down 5 pounds or so. In analyzing why the change I realized I had inadvertently lowered my fat levels, as I was not as hungry. So I had stopped using the extra fat. In December I decided to up my fat levels again to see what would happen. And low and behold I have started losing again. I am now 19 pounds down since I started mid June. That's as much as I have lost total in the past three years! Fabulous. I think I am going to try keeping the fat levels high and combine it with the flavorless calories described in heatseakers thread. The human body is a fascinating thing. Just thought I'd share.
                              Last edited by Primal123; 01-05-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• This is an excellent point Primal123. Eating high fat increases satiety, which sometimes makes people eat much less. We have to keep an eye out that overall intake isn't getting too low. Some people IF for most of the day because they are not hungry, but are still successful because they get in the right balance of foods in their eating window.

Our bodies will probably still react normally to "starvation" even if we are eating high fat.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X