This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
    Day 2 - good numbers! 66% fat, 26% protein, 9% carbs. had an unplanned 24 hour fast too! Good day! Feeling good. No cravings per say - but a slight want for a sweet treat. House is sugar and alcohol free.
    Ummm have you tried Umeboshi paste (fermented sour plums Japanese style)? Just a tiny amount really kills sugar cravings.

Comment

• We can get over 100 degrees F in the summer months too, Ayla.

In regards to Walk Away the Pounds workouts, I have only found little snippets on youtube. I am not good enough with searches on youtube to see if I can find longer workouts.

I did Level 1 on the shred this morning and OMG, I feel out of shape. Not like a fat chick should feel like she is in shape, but damn.
      Georgette

Comment

• My surgery went well, I'm happy to report. Last night I had homemade chicken soup (made with the skin and bones), and later had raw macadamias and Kerrygold cheeses (aged cheddar and Dubliner) and bell pepper slices. This morning, I had a mug of homemade beef bone broth, more macadamias and more cheese, with a few bell pepper strips. Have begun using crutches, which aren't as difficult as I'd feared (and they're kind of fun!), and have started PT, which isn't much of a workout but does what I need. Seeing the surgeon today for a follow up.
        F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Hey Jackie, that is great news! Bad time of year to be on crutches here in upstate NY, so I'm glad you are having fun. I love the kerrygold cheeses too. Sounds like you and I are using similar fat sources. Keep up the good work and try not to get stir crazy with inactivity.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, Paula! Where are you in NY? I'm just south of Albany. (And brrrrrrrrr, cold today!) Have a great day, everyone!
            F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Glad your surgery went well, Jackie! I hope your crutches stay under you with all the snow and ice out there now. I agree - crutches are kind of fun, until your underarms get sore and rubbed raw. Best of luck to you.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Jenn - still have avocados? What about the chocolate avocado "pudding"? [Will have to google it - I'm out of time this am, but thought of you this morning] Avocado, unsweeteneded cocoa powder, little stevia?
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I've thought of that, Ruth, but haven't gotten around to making it yet. I have cocoa, avocados and honey/maple syrup/sucinat at home. I'm not a fan of stevia.

About to attempt avocado and eggs again, but without salt this time. Wish me luck...

Comment

• At the avocado without a whimper today... I think the salt was the killer yesterday. Today, as long as I took a bite with a bite of egg, all was good. I diced the avocado in biggish chunks and ate two chunks with 1/4 of a boiled egg. Worked out pretty well and I'm getting more confident in my ability to continue eating the avocados.

Comment

• Jackie, we are practically neighbors. I am in the Kingston area.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Jenn, if I could ship you my guac, I would. It's pretty tasty.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Day 1 was a bust.. the farmers almanac said January 2nd is best for starting diets so I am like, OK!! Naa.. busted in the late evening. Not enough planinng. I am off to a good start today though and even have a plan for tonight! HUA!!
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I have your recipe... just haven't tried it yet. It was tolerable today.

Comment

• Jenn I had a salted avocado half with my steak dinner last night and I thought of you. Yum.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I fully believe salt ruins them for me. I will try the pudding and even see if my kids like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X