Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pebbles, thank you for starting this thread. I would not have added fat without reading this thread!

Comment

• Pebbles, you might add salted regular broth to the possible electrolyte choices. I know for me I wouldn't eat bullion and bone broth is just kind of a pain- trying to find good healthy bones. The broth seems to work for me. I do salt it with Himalayan salt and lite salt which has potassium. It's just a convenient choice w/o the MSG. Of course, pretty sure there are MSG free bullion choices available too which you might mention.

Comment

• Calee, did not realize you are 62, it is inspiring to find a person your age successful at fat loss since so many say it is not possible. congrats
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
          Pebbles, you might add salted regular broth to the possible electrolyte choices. I know for me I wouldn't eat bullion and bone broth is just kind of a pain- trying to find good healthy bones. The broth seems to work for me. I do salt it with Himalayan salt and lite salt which has potassium. It's just a convenient choice w/o the MSG. Of course, pretty sure there are MSG free bullion choices available too which you might mention.
          What type of regular broth do you use?
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• namelesswonder has put in a request with the admins to lock this thread.

Just in case they move quickly, here is the link to the new one. Please join us there.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77549.html
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• January EMF Results

January 7, SW: 233.8
              Feb. 1, CW: 222.8
              Net Loss: -11

I have lost 18 lbs since Nov. 5th, losing 7 in November and December. So a one month loss of 11 lbs rocks, esp. since I have perfected the macros. I am insulin resistant, so it means my body is using its fat stores for fuel and HEALING!!!

Tips? Find a few meals that work and rotate them. For me, avocado smoothies have really helped with appetite control. I am going to try some new flavors, like coconut milk chai.

Goals for February EMF, to get under 220, I've been yo-yoing from 224-221 for the last couple of weeks. I also want to start exercising, for stress relief!

Good job all and thank you to Pebbles and Paleobird for the inspiration.

Also, if this isn't working for you, I would like to mention again a study from Dr. Cross that said this WOE is optimal for 1/3 of the population. Keep trying to find things that work best for your hot rod!
              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                Calee, did not realize you are 62, it is inspiring to find a person your age successful at fat loss since so many say it is not possible. congrats
                Wow! Thanks!

Comment

• My total loss for the month was 11 lbs. I will get back to you about inches lost.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Just compared today's measurements with those from January 6th at my lowest during the flu. They are all over the place bust up .5 inches chest (measured under breast) down 2 inches, natural waist down, fattest part of stomach up .5. So yeah not sure what any of this means. But I think the trend is positive as the over all calculation is down 2 inches and I am never hungry so eventually I think I'll actually have a real loss. It certainly has helped me keep my calories closer to my target which is great. Before going grain free I was counting calories and at 1500 calories a day I was hungry, prone to snacking, and didn't lose a pound. So now my struggle is getting enough calories to hit my low goal of 1450. So I'll keep going for now. I imagine when I start exercising more, I'll obviously burn more. So not the overwhelming success that some are seeing but it's not terrible. I could have gained 10 pounds!

Comment

• So even with 1/2 the month spent traveling, I lost 6 pounds, 4 inches from my waist, and 2 from the girls. I'm able to wear a medium pull on skirt that's been in my closet forever. I'm sleeping better, making better food choices on the road, and feel better. I start the morning with a combination of coffee with HWC or CO and butter. Lunch is cheese, salami, and raw veggies. Dinner is some fatty meat and veggies. I don't have cravings (other than eggplant?) and am very happy on LCHF.
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I've been using this stuff:
                        broth-300x214.jpg

Like I say, I add plenty of salt (and garlic and a little black pepper). Tastes like ramen noodles which I used to love! Put some of those miracle noodles in there, yum!

Comment

• The attachement didn't come through. Is there a link to it you could post? Pictures in forum threads (other than your own journal) don't seem to attach right for some reason.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Started on a ratio of 17-3-80 1350 cals on Monday & weighed today. 7lb lost! I can't believe it. I have never lost that amount in a month before, ever. As I have not been eating grains or sugar & restricting carbs to 5% for some months now I know it is not all water loss. Its amazing that such a simple change in diet - up the fat & lower the protein should make such a huge change. I was hoping for a lb loss as I have not been exercising at all this week & I thought 1350 cals which is just below my BMR would be too high. I am totally speechless.

Have now got my exercise plan sorted thanks to PB fitness so hopefully will be able to keep it off next week

Comment

• Nicely Done!
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X