Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 - all good. Having a few emotional pangs with my choice to give up sugar and alcohol for my New Years Resolution. But, hubby is in with me on the alcohol part so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Food - eggs, bacon and cheese for breakfast. A wonderful beef/veggie hash for dinner. and a snack of pork rinds and cream cheese dip.

Exercise - 1.25 mile walk. Standing for hours while working on a redecorating project.

I'm going to be melting away - I can't wait!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Well, I struggled with hunger a bit today. Maybe a bit of a hangover effect from the almost constant nibbling over the Christmas period. Now I'm waiting for the famed appetite suppressant effect of HFLC to kick in. *taps foot impatiently*

Anyway, I've eaten pretty damn healthily over the first two days, so I can be pleased with that. And I've peed an awful lot (ack, TMI), so maybe some of the bloat will be gone soon too. (Trying not to weigh myself more than once a week - I wanna divorce the scale like Demuralist!)
      I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Yes, the desire to graze yesterday was strong. Glad to be on day 2.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'd like to join! If that's ok?

Technically I'm already in ketosis (just) on 50g-60g (total) carbs a day, protein hovers between 100g-120g.
          However I want to go a bit deeper into ketosis for exercise reasons (Read: Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance).

Weight is 55.8Kg
          Body fat (calipers) 16%
          Plan: first week drop down to 40g, then assess based on ketone readings.

Comment

• Yesterday I had successful eating and no alcohol. Here's to a successful day 2!
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyMac View Post
              I'd like to join! If that's ok?

Technically I'm already in ketosis (just) on 50g-60g (total) carbs a day, protein hovers between 100g-120g.
              However I want to go a bit deeper into ketosis for exercise reasons (Read: Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance).

Weight is 55.8Kg
              Body fat (calipers) 16%
              Plan: first week drop down to 40g, then assess based on ketone readings.
              Welcome to the club!
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Welcome to my Day 1... I anticipate some anxiety today as I reduce the amount of snacking I do and eliminate the sugar. I've got my Herb Ox on standby for when those sugar cravings/carb flu hit.

Entered my food into MyFitnessPal. Add me if you're a user too. Same screenname there as here.

For whatever reason, the totals they're giving me for the day look like this:

Cals: 1606
                Carbs: 32 (7.97%)
                Fat: 114 (63.88%)
                Protein: 83 (20.67%)

Somehow, that's only coming out to 93% of my calories... where is the other 7%???

Comment

• Avocado... I'm really finding it difficult to like you... I don't know if it's taste or texture, but you don't make me hungry. You make me eat slowly and unjoyfully. You even make me want to skip my bacon. But, sadly, I bought 5 of you, so I'm going to try to choke you down.

PS, salt does NOT make you taste better like some people told me.

Comment

• OMG, you guys are chatty, I am not getting on the computer daily and it is hard to keep up.

I am doing pretty well while away. Had a bit of off plan eating yesterday, and well started TOM today, thus the explanation for the eating! But I will say that even the off plan stuff is WAY better than I have done in the past. I mean by orders of magnitude (as my mathematician DH and DS would say). So I am feeling pretty darn good about this and excited to jump fully on board when I get back.

Just a reminder to everyone we have the LCHF recipe group. PLEASE go there and post your recipes/recipe links in a new discussion there. It will make it so much easier to find when you want to use it! (thanks GEO, for the oopsies, sometimes a piece of toast is just what a sad tummy needs).

Welcome to our newcomers! This is a very vibrant and exciting group, I feel very lucky to be a part of it!
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      Just a reminder to everyone we have the LCHF recipe group. PLEASE go there and post your recipes/recipe links in a new discussion there.
                      Copied them there. Sorry.

Comment

• Welcome, JudyMac!
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I think I'm going to go bang...I haven't felt this full in ages. Just finished stuffing my face for the day so I can report a successful day. 40g carbs, and an extra tablespoon of coconut oil.

I did make one mistake, and tried a new recipe for breakfast, coconut porridge (coconut water, coconut meat, coconut oil, pinch of salt and some cinnamon). Looks like I discovered a new laxative

Otherwise the day went well and not a single thought of naughty food or drink.

How are you all doing?

Comment

• Hi All!

Stocked up on all sorts of ketosis deliciousness foods: mascarpone, cream, lots of meats, kale, broccoli, cabbage, etc. Have one batch of chicken bone broth made, and another of lamb/veal neck bones simmering. Lovely!

Today I am fasting as part of pre-surgery, procedure scheduled for tomorrow. So, I will be fully in ketosis by thurs pm, having only had bone broth or tea with coconut oil since Tues evening. Good way to start! After that, I will just need to be careful with protein and carb ratios.

Comment

• I am going to loosely participate. I'm doing the GAPS intro and have decided to add more fat to help me feel sated. I think it will also help with my mood, been feeling very cranky on this diet. So today I had coconut oil in me tea, it wasn't that great but since I'm not having coffee with cream it will have to do.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Unicorn- I don't know if it something that concerns you, or even applies, but you might want to check what they fill be giving you for fluids post-surgery. Being pumped full of sugar water might be a shock to your system if you are in a deep ketosis. Can you make requests about this if you will be in the hospital for a while? Or bring your own bone broth along for sipping afterwards?

Comment

Working...
                                X