X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• argh
    I quoted everyone and replied, and lost it all
    Everyone seems to be doing pretty well which is great
    Looking forward to joining you all in Feb for this journey. May we all get great results.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      Is it time to do some serious lifting of heavy things?
      AS of right now, I'm not allowed to do much by way of LHT as a training method. I might start amping up the body weight stuff, though.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well, crap. DH had his blood checked today. He's been off statins for about six weeks because of muscle damage. Crap, crap, crap. His LDL is way high so back on statins he goes (CW MD). Even worse, I can't use as much butter when cooking.

Did I mention crap? At least it is getting him to give up ice cream so he can still have HWC.
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• oh crap HB
          Sorry your weight is going up and down.

NK are you injured?

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            No, goddammit, NO! I am NOT shrinking out of 2s, Body. No!

(Please don't hate me for this little outburst. I realize it's a "skinny problem." )
            You're a tiny badass, and we understand the impracticality associated with needing new clothes!
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
              Well, crap. DH had his blood checked today. He's been off statins for about six weeks because of muscle damage. Crap, crap, crap. His LDL is way high so back on statins he goes (CW MD). Even worse, I can't use as much butter when cooking.

Did I mention crap? At least it is getting him to give up ice cream so he can still have HWC.
              Will he use olive oil? I know some people choose not to cook with it, but I do (just don't let it smoke).
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                NK are you injured?
                From what I've read on adrenal fatigue, weight lifting is discouraged because of the stress it puts on your body to heal the muscles, which in turn puts stress on the adrenal glands. Body weight stuff, by and large, takes less effort than weights themselves for me, and I don't generally get DOMS with body weight stuff.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• HB, I feel your pain. DH is on statins as well. But he isn't giving up ice cream, ever. I make it at home though and I can tell you it is very low sugar and no extra crap in it. (it is 2C 1/2 & 1/2, 1/2C PB, 1/4C brown sugar, and 1/2C dark chocolate chips- that is 2 to 4 servings depending on who is dishing it out). Do you get this guys news letter..HEALTHY DIETS AND SCIENCE My hubs won't read it, says that is what he pays the ("world renowned") cardiologist for. Great info though
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• NK, maybe it is time to tweak your macros, for maintenance?
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ayla - 8+ lbs is awesome.

Naiad - Hey a problem is a problem. Looks as if EMF is going to cost you $.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        Will he use olive oil? I know some people choose not to cook with it, but I do (just don't let it smoke).
                        Olive oil in a pinch. I don't really care for it. I have been cooking with coconut oil, even the stuff that tastes like coconut and he hasn't objected. Maybe I'll mix it with a little butter.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          HB, I feel your pain. DH is on statins as well. But he isn't giving up ice cream, ever. I make it at home though and I can tell you it is very low sugar and no extra crap in it. (it is 2C 1/2 & 1/2, 1/2C PB, 1/4C brown sugar, and 1/2C dark chocolate chips- that is 2 to 4 servings depending on who is dishing it out). Do you get this guys news letter..HEALTHY DIETS AND SCIENCE My hubs won't read it, says that is what he pays the ("world renowned") cardiologist for. Great info though
                          Do you just freeze it to make ice cream or do you need an icecream maker? I DO NOT get that guy's newsletter. Thanks for the link! Can't wait to read it.

Comment

• Yeah, I know. I need to quit bitching and figure out how to lower my protein and amp my fats AGAIN. I'm also hoping that if I give it another little while, it'll resolve itself.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Interesting. I found the article about aortic aneurysms and statins. All the medications they mention that make the aneurysm expand more quickly are ones that DH takes. Yes, he has an aortic aneurysm.

GREAT.

Comment

• NK, I suspect it will resolve itself, the body is an amazing piece of work once we get it healed!

HB I use an ice cream maker. I have one of the Cuisinart ones, about $100 regularly, but went on sale then used a coupon at Bed, Bath and Beyond and got it for much less. I make the ice cream at least once a week, so it is worth it. Sometimes, if I am in a hurry, I have been known to whip up some cream, and then add a nut butter and keep whipping, a touch of stevia to taste add a few chocolate chips on top and voila, pretty darn close and super yummy
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X