Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HB, is that days in a row or weeks in a row? And a big ass is an ASS-et and don't you forget it!!!!! (I'm an ass woman!)
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by spicegirl View Post
      MY QUESTION:
      How can I get more fat calories without consuming dairy or coconut?

I do eat cultured butter and do well on it. But, I sometimes feel lousy when I eat dairy. (I've done raw, fermented, etc.). I can eat some cheeses and feel ok, but I generally keep dairy to a minimum.
      Coconut doesn't agree with me either. I like it, but I get heartburn (never get that otherwise) and then taste this horrible taste all day. Even with manna.

So, how can I get more fat?

Should I just chug butter and good oils? Can I make meat-based fat dishes like short-ribs?

Thanks!
      sg
      In the LCHF recipe group there is a discussion titled something like "12 healthy fats for a LCHF diet" it has a link to an article that my help. Also, I feel pretty sure P will put the link on the first page of our new thread that starts tomorrow morning
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        OK, back from the Dr. My med level is fine. That is excellent news.
        The nurse feels that I have anemia due to the circus coming to town. She recommended supplementing iron for the week before and the week of. This has happened in the past, but not as severe. Probably due to all the changes my body is going through.
        Do you like clams?
        Clams are actually better than even liver for iron.
        Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Mollusks, clam, mixed species, cooked, moist heat
        And they are delicious in a creamy chowda like soup sauce.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Hmmm, maybe I'll make some clam chowder, man I hate a raw calm though!

Comment

• Those values are for clams cooked on gentle moist heat. Not raw.
            Gentle moist heat actually increases the availability of the iron.

No one is gonna make you eat a raw clam if your don't want to.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              Do you like clams?
              Clams are actually better than even liver for iron.
              Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Mollusks, clam, mixed species, cooked, moist heat
              And they are delicious in a creamy chowda like soup sauce.
              Clam Chowda sounds amazing!!!
              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Kymma View Post
                HB, is that days in a row or weeks in a row?
                That would be the start of the month (192.7) two weeks in (188.6) a few days later (188.9 to 187.0 same day) yesterday (190.0) and today (191.7)

Crazy stuff.
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by spicegirl View Post

MY QUESTION:
                  How can I get more fat calories without consuming dairy or coconut?
                  sg
                  how bout ghee? it's butter without the dairy proteins and dairy sugars.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• When I was a kid, my Dad and I would dig clams right out of the bay on LI and eat them on the half shell. I miss that.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• HB, it makes me think that you are getting into something that may be causing an inflammatory response. I think tracking would help you see. I weigh almost everyday as I track my intolerances (not recommended if you can't handle the fluctuations!).

Comment

• Love 'em all, cooked or raw, give me clams and oysters and mussels... and when the sushi joints have sea urchin, it's giddyup time for FW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                          Love 'em all, cooked or raw, give me clams and oysters and mussels... and when the sushi joints have sea urchin, it's giddyup time for FW.
                          I can't ever get enough geoduck!
                          Awwww I love those things when I go for sushi... sooooooo sweet.

Just too bad they aren't available more... seasonal tastiness though.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            I can't ever get enough geoduck!
                            Awwww I love those things when I go for sushi... sooooooo sweet.

Just too bad they aren't available more... seasonal tastiness though.
                            Well, try digging those suckers! They can dig to China while you are still figuring out where to put your shovel! Next time you eat one of them thar GOOEYDUCKS (that is how to pronounce it) you'd best treasure it because there is nothing easy about harvesting them!
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Never had gooeyduck... freakish lookin' SOBs. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try 'em though.

Comment

• I've seen the harvesting on TV shows, people all shoulder deep trying to wrangle them out of the mud...

And yeah, I know exactly what they LOOK like...
                                But they TASTE divine!

In a proper sushi place it is served as mirugai or giant clam.... getcha some!
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X