Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down to 126.4 as of this morning. I am 6.4-11.4 lb away from my HSIS weight and 4 lb away from my primal low.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm 178 today. Started Jan 1 at 185. Down 7 pounds in 4 weeks.

Changes: eating MOAR fat satiates me longer - I snack almost NEVER now! I've had a jar of almond butter in the fridge that I haven't touched in weeks. My weekend rum has reduced to only one weekend this month. My face is slimmer. I'm wearing my wedding ring again. I'm T-H-I-S close moving down a size in jeans!!!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
        Does anyone like cashew butter?
        It tastes good on a piece of apple
        I love cashew butter with celery!! YUM!

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        For individual pimples, cysts (pimples below the surface, not "white heads") and healing spots, use a dab of tea tree oil in the morning and evening (one of those should be post-shower, if you shower daily). AND DON'T TOUCH. haha
        Cysts... good description. That's what I tend to get... And I rub the shit out of them trying to get them to come to a head so I can pop it, but it never works. And when I squeeze them, so much oil comes out, but no white stuff like with a zit. I guess that's why. I will get some tea tree oil for them the next time I get one. Thanks, NW!

I was going to get some vitex last night from our local hippy store, but they wanted nearly twice as much for it as Amazon, so I'll wait and get it from Amazon. Hopefully that'll help the hormones get back on track and maybe prevent the stupid skin blemishes that are occuring.

I'm really disappointed that it's so hard to keep my protein in check recently. That might be why I haven't gotten back to ketosis. I was looking forward to getting a burger tonight for dinner, but it'll screw up my ratios, so I'm going to get a cobb salad instead. Even that shoots my protein up too high (because of the chicken) but what can ya do? I'm gonna play with it some more before I set myself for the day.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
          I'm 178 today. Started Jan 1 at 185. Down 7 pounds in 4 weeks.

Changes: eating MOAR fat satiates me longer - I snack almost NEVER now! I've had a jar of almond butter in the fridge that I haven't touched in weeks. My weekend rum has reduced to only one weekend this month. My face is slimmer. I'm wearing my wedding ring again. I'm T-H-I-S close moving down a size in jeans!!!
          Great for you, Tomi! I'm so thrilled this is working for you.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Alright, this is in response to P's request that we put down some tips and some things we have noticed non-scale as well as scale...

Tips,
            1.I find it works best when I track, sad but true.
            2.I have also discovered things work best if I pre-track, (track it before I eat it) so that I have flexibility to change something if necessary, once it is in my mouth it is too late to change it.
            3. I also find it works best to fairly equally divide my macros into the number of times that I plan to eat that day. I eat 3 times a day so my macros are generally 1/3 at each meal.

Non-scale victories...
            1. Sleep had dramatically improved-this is vital!!!!
            2. shoes and rings are looser
            3. I feel better

Scale...
            not doing my measurements until my doctor's visit in March, stay tuned...
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OK, back from the Dr. My med level is fine. That is excellent news.
              The nurse feels that I have anemia due to the circus coming to town. She recommended supplementing iron for the week before and the week of. This has happened in the past, but not as severe. Probably due to all the changes my body is going through.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Wow, this is one long thread!

I'll share my experience and toss in a question.

MY EXPERIENCE:
                I wanted to reduce my protein b/c I felt like I was just relying on it too much. So, I started eating my eggs without the whites, and slathering organic butter on yolks. Also put butter and good walnut oil on everything. I lost about 3 lbs in just a few days (I'm 5'3" and 115 lbs, so I guess this works!).

MY QUESTION:
                How can I get more fat calories without consuming dairy or coconut?

I do eat cultured butter and do well on it. But, I sometimes feel lousy when I eat dairy. (I've done raw, fermented, etc.). I can eat some cheeses and feel ok, but I generally keep dairy to a minimum.
                Coconut doesn't agree with me either. I like it, but I get heartburn (never get that otherwise) and then taste this horrible taste all day. Even with manna.

So, how can I get more fat?

Should I just chug butter and good oils? Can I make meat-based fat dishes like short-ribs?

Thanks!
                sg
                Last edited by spicegirl; 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Chris, I'll want you to copy and paste that to the new thread as well.

Geo, That is so awesome! Are you weighing tomorrow?

Tomi, I am so glad you stuck it out through the stomach issues.
                  Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Definitely weighing in tomorrow.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                      I feel like a yo-yo.

192.7 ~188.6~~187.9~187.O~191.9

GRRRRRRR.................
                      Well, the scale can kiss my patootie. I don't know why people rely on the darn thing anyway. My thighs are thinner, my belly is smaller, my waist is smaller. My ass isn't though so the smaller waist REALLY makes me look bulbous.

Things I learned.
                      I need to start tracking.
                      Butter in my tea and coffee is delicious but in addition to the other fats I was getting caused an upswing. See above.
                      Having support from the people on this thead has been vital with me sticking to it.
                      There are some really good recipes out there!
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        OK, back from the Dr. My med level is fine. That is excellent news.
                        The nurse feels that I have anemia due to the circus coming to town. She recommended supplementing iron for the week before and the week of. This has happened in the past, but not as severe. Probably due to all the changes my body is going through.
                        Do you like steak? Or liver? You may should treat yourself to one tonight!
                        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by spicegirl View Post

MY QUESTION:
                          How can I get more fat calories without consuming dairy or coconut?
                          So, how can I get more fat?

Thanks!
                          sg
                          Fatty cuts of meat, eat the fat! You could use ghee, make fat bombs, there is a LCHF recipe group, I think they are posted there), avocado, hope that helps!
                          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• January's Lesson:

Two weeks at 70% fat and my weight had no reaction at all.
                            Three days at 80% fat and I had an instant reaction. (Hope it continues.)
                            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                              January's Lesson:

This is so awesome!!
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                                January's Lesson:

Hope that was a positive instant reaction. lol

I eat at 80% as well.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X