Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kymma, if you want to reach ketosis, it's advised that you use only 10% of your calories for carbs. Set your calorie goal, then set your carbs at 10%. Set your protein at 20% and the fat will fall in place. Easy peasy. It doesn't have to be exact according to the equation.

Here's why I say that.

The equation tells me I should have 33 gm carbs. 33 carbs * 4 calories per carb = 132 calories. Figure this as 10% of my calories, and you get a total of 1320 calories for the day.

Next take the protein goal. 1.1 x my goal weight of 66 kg = 72.5 gm, so round up to 73. 73 x 4 calories per gm protein = 292 calories. If Protein is 20% of my calories, this equals 1460 calories.

Given that, no matter how many times you adjust your percentages in MFP, you will NEVER reach what the equation tells you to do.

I went with 1500 calories and set my macros that way. Easier, and less stressful/annoying.

I like MFP much better than spark. I think the food database is more expansive and easier to search. And it's policed by others by asking "Is this accurate" when you look at nutrition info on stuff.

Anyhow, don't be discouraged. It's not a perfect science. Just set it to "close enough" and move forward.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Today's final figures: 5% carb, 75% fat, 20% protein. Perfect.

Hoping for a loss on the scale tomorrow.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I have to take a step back from HFLC for a bit. My husband pointed out I've been extra moody since I made the switch. He also pointed out that I've been more stressed too I'm still going to follow this thread though.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

• Had sushi for dinner and it threw my macros off for the day - but it was worth it! This place is so good! I had the Catipillar. Sticky rice, cream cheese, tempura shrimp, salmon - with yummy sauces drizzled on top! I have finally learned to eat with chop sticks!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Erin, feel free to hang out here. Good Luck.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Week 4 report

This week I lost 4.5 lbs and 3 inches. For a total of 17 lbs and 15 in so far. Final Report Friday!!!!
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Week 4 report

This week I lost 4.5 lbs and 3 inches. For a total of 17 lbs and 15 in so far. Final Report Friday!!!!
                So awesome!!.....and inspiring!!!!....and motivating!!! I can't wait until Friday either as I am hoping to see my own downward trend.
                “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
                ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
                LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
                CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Comment

• Hey ladies!

Just wanted to say that I'm still hanging in there!

One question that I wanted to ask you all,is what supplements to you take?

I take Fish oil and a multi vitamin.

Thanks in advance!
                  Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
                  CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
                  I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Fish oil, and D3 (I tested low).
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Omega 3,
                      Multi,
                      D3,
                      B complex,
                      Magnesium,
                      iodine,
                      5htp
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• In addition to my adrenal fatigue supps and meds: D3 maintenance dose, niacin (cholesterol), multi, omega 3 oil
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Last week I list 4.8 pounds. This morning I found one of those pounds. My rings are tight. I hope this is jst water retention and will whoosh away. I ate my macros yesterday. 1359 calories. Walked a 5k twice, morning and evening. Kinda disappointed!

Comment

• calee, I have had my weight fluctuate 5 pounds in one day. Don't let it disappoint you. It is temporary!
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I am still here but nothing spectacular to report I 've lost 7.5lb since beginning of January. I do have PCOS so I know it will be more difficult to lose weight but had great hopes for the MOAR FAT - I will just keep plodding along.
                              On the cheery note I do feel great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueberry View Post
                                I am still here but nothing spectacular to report I 've lost 7.5lb since beginning of January. I do have PCOS so I know it will be more difficult to lose weight but had great hopes for the MOAR FAT - I will just keep plodding along.
                                On the cheery note I do feel great!
                                That is close to 2 pounds a week, which is supposed to be the healthy way to do things. Many lose weight quickly on 'diets' at first due to water weight. Given that most here were eating primally to begin with, that initial whoosh of weight loss would not occur. As such 7.5 pounds sounds like you are doing great Remember 2 pounds a week is 100 pounds in a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X