Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrr.......weight has risen since I've added butter to my coffee and teas. Since I have coconut oil in them already I think I'll drop the butter. Really need to learn to track so I know if I'm getting too little or too much! Need to not have such a heavy hand with the coconut milk in the tea.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErinF View Post
      Looks like I'm going to be ordering an adrenal fatigue test. This fatigue is too much, I can literally take a nap any time during the day and sleep for hours. I'm still hoping HFLC will help in that area, it's only been a few days.
      I think this is a good idea. It took about 6 months of high dose vitamins and minerals to get me back to where I wasn't my arse all day! Doctor put me on 2 bottle of pills. One was called Anti-Stress for Adrenal Support. It was mega high B vitamins and some others. The other I took at bedtime called Seriphos - herbal blend I think. You can buy it online, its about $25 a bottle. Good stuff! Good luck, Erin!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• For the cheese clouds, I whipped the cream cheese quite a bit before adding anything to it, mine were not dense at all, but obviously not meringue like either.

Honeybuns, Start an MFP account. It is very likely that your brands are already in there. I weigh almost every single thing I put in my mouth right now, definitely every thing when I am tracking. I have a little scale and put my coffee cup on it and put in the butter or what ever else I want in, then add the hot water for the tea. I weigh my smoothie by just putting the blender container on the scale and taring the scale between each addition. I just adjusted the amounts that I add so I can have everything I want in there, even if it is only 1/2T.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
          Grrrrr.......weight has risen since I've added butter to my coffee and teas. Since I have coconut oil in them already I think I'll drop the butter. Really need to learn to track so I know if I'm getting too little or too much! Need to not have such a heavy hand with the coconut milk in the tea.
          I know a lot of people just HATE tracking!! I happen to enjoy it just because it keeps me totally honest and aware. I'm not "guessing" and I'm not lying to myself either! I have put together a spreadsheet that I've been using for over a year now. And I use CalorieKing to get the numbers. But I'm not a member of that site. It isn't free to be a member, but all the nutritional info IS FREE if you're just gathering the data and not wanting to use their tracking system. I think most people us myfitnesspal. I've tried it, but I like the simplicity of my spreadsheet better. Hope tracking works for you and you can start to see that dumb scale going the other direction!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Honestly, even though it doesn't have as complete a database as MFP, I love Cronometer, because I can track all my micronutrients. It has (almost) all the whole foods and not many processed ones that I would use, which, for me, is even more incentive to not use processed foods (I don't really want to try and figure out how to input that processed food.) It does have restaurant prepared this and that fast food, alnog with the cereals and crap. It's hit or miss, though.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              Honeybuns, Start an MFP account. It is very likely that your brands are already in there. I weigh almost every single thing I put in my mouth right now, definitely every thing when I am tracking. I have a little scale and put my coffee cup on it and put in the butter or what ever else I want in, then add the hot water for the tea. I weigh my smoothie by just putting the blender container on the scale and taring the scale between each addition. I just adjusted the amounts that I add so I can have everything I want in there, even if it is only 1/2T.
              Great idea and I do have a scale that I can weigh with. I did start an account, set custom goals, added Firefox to the computer so I can get the pie chart. I need to take the time to sit and learn the operations. That is where I lack patience.

Tomi~
              Thanks for the encouraging words! I do want to see a difference. Three years ago I was about thirty pounds less then all the hormonal crap started. If I hadn't seen that low weight recently I wouldn't be as discouraged now.

Comment

NW, I haven't tried this, I am not a rice eater, but have you tried ricing cauliflower. I see it a lot around the low carb blogs. Also, maybe if you completely change what you eat you won't be expecting the rice?
                I have only tried it once, and it was lovely with the curry I made. I don't think I'd like it very much without a sauce, or if I didn't sauté it in butter. I think that would work on occasion, but not everyday. That much cauliflower tends to make me gassy, haha.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  I have only tried it once, and it was lovely with the curry I made. I don't think I'd like it very much without a sauce, or if I didn't sauté it in butter. I think that would work on occasion, but not everyday. That much cauliflower tends to make me gassy, haha.
                  When I rice cauliflower, I only use a half head of it. Seems to work just as well, with less gas. Broccoli makes me gassy as well, but I eat it anyway.
                  Georgette

Comment

• Alright honeybuns, you are most of the way there! This is easy! Pull up your account, hit track food, hit add food under breakfast and put in coconut oil (with your brand name too) in the search, it will come up with choices (less if you include the brand name). then you just have to decide on an amount and click add. If you eat the same thing for breakfast every day, hit quick tools and you can add it as a meal (it will be under my meals) and just one click will get you there tomorrow. Things you use all the time will show up in most used or recent. Really it is so much less stressful than not knowing where your macros are or how you managed to put on or take off weight. This will be very helpful as you are trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, you can do it!
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      That much cauliflower tends to make me gassy, haha.
                      ^ me too! I love making a cauliflower mash - but I feel like a puffer fish for several hours following!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• i'm on a roll, kids! I've walked 5 days in a row now! To date my longest stretch is 14 days so I'm going for the record breaker! Yesterday I also started on the bowflex again - arms only for now. My legs get a good work out on the 2.25 mile walks. I do have a bad shoulder though - so I'm a bit limited on mobility on that side. I think I have a rotor cuff going bad. Sucks getting older!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• getting old is not for sissies!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009, I always forget about it. I'm just really confused about adrenal fatigue; a lot of websites I've looked at say to not workout when you have it, but if I don't workout I don't lose weight. Also, I'm not supposed to do IF, but when I stopped IF my weight stopped dropping. Initially when I was doing IF I was only eating about 900 calories a day because I just wasn't hungry, but now I know I need way more than that.

I haven't started taking anything for adrenal fatigue and I don't want to take anything until I know for sure what's going on. From what I've read your cortisol can either be too high or to low, but the symptoms are the same. Until I know where my problem is I don't want to treat it. I really hate taking any supplements unless I know for sure I need them and know the proper way to take them. Also, I used to have low iron, but I eat mostly red meat and have included liver in my diet so my iron levels should be ok by now.

Comment

getting old is not for sissies!
                              So true!!

The nice benefit to lifting heavy things is well toned muscles under the boobs. They look so fine, not droopy or saggy!

Comment

• ah, that is what they make bras for! Plus when I am at my goal weight there just isn't much to sag!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X