This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I drink 1-2 plunger coffees (I think you call them french presses over there) a day just with HWC. I will stop them one day I swear LOL
    I'll quit one day as well - the day they put me in the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErinF View Post
      Looks like I'm going to be ordering an adrenal fatigue test. This fatigue is too much, I can literally take a nap any time during the day and sleep for hours. I'm still hoping HFLC will help in that area, it's only been a few days.
      A good friend of mine was falling asleep anytime she sat down. Turns out she had very low iron. Just something else to consider.

Comment

• Week one results of HFLC:

Started primal New Years Day. Did not drop an ounce.
        Started HFLC on 1/21/13 @ 151.6
        1/28/13 @. 146.8

Almost 5 pounds. I have never shed this much in a week. I walked more. At least a 5k daily, soe days 2x and 1 day 3x. I had abundant energy and wanted to walk. I ate 2-300 more calories daily than the previous weeks. I was trying to stay at 1200 calories a day but the additional fat pushed up calorie. My sleep has been pretty good. My macros in MFP summary of the week were 65/16/19 for the week. F/C/P.

I'm so excited to see what happens in week 2!

Comment

• Originally posted by ErinF View Post
          Looks like I'm going to be ordering an adrenal fatigue test. This fatigue is too much, I can literally take a nap any time during the day and sleep for hours. I'm still hoping HFLC will help in that area, it's only been a few days.
          Erin, one other avenue. I had many of these symptoms (including almost crippling fatigue...I even stopped driving because things were so fuzzy for me) and turns out I had PCOS (I no longer test positive or take any medications for it). I saw MANY doctors, etc. before an endocrinologist found this. Changed my life (for the better) once I knew what it was.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Erin-
            Depending on the naturalist you see, they might be able to diagnose you based on your most recent full blood workup, if you have a copy of the lab results.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• The cream cheese clouds are tasty. I went with 3 tbsp of maple syrup because I didn't want to buy Stevia. I don't think I beat the mixture long enough because they don't seem "fluffy" to me. I beat them till everything was very mixed and fairly creamy. I didn't have the patience to try to get it fluffy and I didn't want it to get too warm and end up creamy.

I'm trying to figure out how to knock the white rice out of my lunches. I guess I need to start paying more attention to what you guys are eating. A coconut milk chocolate beverage in the morning might help me eat less food and get more fat, without losing calories.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• PCOS, insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue run together. PCOS could also just be called insulin resistance in women really. And insulin resistance will tear down those poor adrenals.

It takes a lot of time for the adrenals to come back, they have so many jobs in the body it makes them slow healers. I recommend lots of sleep- take those naps when your body asks, it's wanting to heal. I like dr Wilson's adrenal stress formula and the adrenal c formula. I take a small dose daily. Getting into ketosis on healthy foods and making sure to get your salt in (Himalayan and Celtic salts are best) should be good for the adrenals because of the reduction in systemic inflammation and your adrenals won't be working to keep your blood sugars stable. However, the change into and out of ketosis are stressful, don't let yourself bounce in and out of it.

Comment

• NW, I haven't tried this, I am not a rice eater, but have you tried ricing cauliflower. I see it a lot around the low carb blogs. Also, maybe if you completely change what you eat you won't be expecting the rice?
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Does anyone already have that primal non-dairy creamer on their MFP and if so under what name? I made it, but have no idea how many servings it made and don't have the brain to do that math today!!!
                    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
                      PCOS, insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue run together. PCOS could also just be called insulin resistance in women really. And insulin resistance will tear down those poor adrenals.

It takes a lot of time for the adrenals to come back, they have so many jobs in the body it makes them slow healers. I recommend lots of sleep- take those naps when your body asks, it's wanting to heal. I like dr Wilson's adrenal stress formula and the adrenal c formula. I take a small dose daily. Getting into ketosis on healthy foods and making sure to get your salt in (Himalayan and Celtic salts are best) should be good for the adrenals because of the reduction in systemic inflammation and your adrenals won't be working to keep your blood sugars stable. However, the change into and out of ketosis are stressful, don't let yourself bounce in and out of it.
                      Thank you for the helpful reminder. I know I am shooting myself back into adrenal fatigue from over activity and bouncing in and out of ketosis (which I didn't consider). My schedule has slowed, and I am taking more time for self care, but this will help remind me to stay on track. I love all my Wonder Women!!!! Such good information from the Wonder Tribe (my new name for all of us Super Women!)
                      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Yes! What Ashley said is so true. Do not jump in and out of ketosis. Last February I had a major health scare which included hypoglycemic episodes, panic attacks and other signs of adrenal fatigue.

This was precipitated by jumping back and forth from eating VLC, medium fat to all out sugar and wheat binges every few days.

I am grateful that the higher fat plus the addition of 5htp has greatly lessened the binge urge.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't Kymma, but what I did for the cream cheese dip was to add up how many ounces/tablespoons there were in the whole recipe and used that as a "serving" when I posted the recipe. It isn't that hard because most of the ingredients are in tablespoons or ounces anyway.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Kymma, I would make up a batch, and then see how many tablespoons are in it once it's all mixed (or you could count up all the tbsp used to make it like Chris suggested) and then make 1 tbsp a serving... if you use two or three, just say you had 2 or 3 servings.

There are 4 tbsp in a 1/4 cup, if that helps you figure out how many tablespoons are in the entire recipe.
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• My cream cheese clouds are dense too. More like cheesecake than anything. Love those little devils. I used 2 tbsp maple syrup and found them to be absolutely wonderful.

I can also take a nap at any given time. If I'm given the opportunity, I can nap... and nap for at least 2-3 hours. My iron is fine according to my last blood donation hemoglobin test (13.7 during TOM).

My adrenals are jacked. Been taking b complex vitamins and extra B12 to fix them. Been a year, no improvement. I think it's b/c my stress level is still too high so the cortisol is pumping away. Hoping 5htp will help to relax me, thus reducing my cortisol, thus fixing my adrenals and girly hormones, thus fixing my libido. Plan to start taking some vitex too, and ditching the maca/iodine/zinc combination.

Comment

• Come to think of it, I might ditch everything except the fish oils for a while and see how things level out.

Comment

Working...
                                X