Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't remember who reported the dizzyness but I have it a little bit too. I know it's not LCHF related for me but I'm keeping a journal to try to figure it out because I think for me it deals with my time of the month. Getting an adjustment from the chiropractor helps, but it almost makes it worse before it's better. I think for me it has a lot to do with inflammation in the back of the neck area so I'm hoping the LCHF (no dairy or grains for me) will help.

For those working on water, there's an app for that. Daily Water (.99) reminds you to drink your water. I'm working on at least 8 - 8oz glasses per day. Half your weight in oz is the new suggestion I read.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      I think I've read that coffee can be troublesome for people with gluten sensitivity/intolerance/allergies. I don't know why that is, however.

I'm making cream cheese clouds today! The apartment is cold, so it's probably going to be a bit difficult to mix everything, though the butter and cream cheese has been out for about 5 hours now haha.
      Shhhhhhhhh...

Don't say that out loud!
      It's the one bad little indulgence I have left.
      Two SMALL cups a day, with a generous amount of cream in it to offset the coffee.
      *sigh*

I've given up everything else(including chocolate) and I have limits... I don't know what this world wants from me.
      I won't be an ascetic!!!
      Last edited by cori93437; 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Cori, I still have my tea and yerba mate (and maybe occasional cup o' joe) so I'm right with ya on that one. They can pry my caffeine from my cold, dead, hands. ;D
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• I really enjoy tea these days, even without stevia. Coffee I still prefer light and sweet. Made that non-dairy creamer with vanilla stevia and yum! Can't wait to have my coffee tomorrow!
          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• I bought yerba mate and could't stand it, it is so bitter.
            I drink 1-2 plunger coffees (I think you call them french presses over there) a day just with HWC. I will stop them one day I swear LOL

Comment

• Okay - just have to share............. YUMMY dinner!

I cut a chicken breast up into bite-sized peices. Put them in a hot pan with EVOO. Sprinkled with cinnamon, paprika and cayenne powder - let them sit until brown and then turned and repeated. In the Microwave, I steamed a sweet potato cut into 1" slices - then added them to the pan with the chicken - adding butter to the mix! Sprinkled the spuds with cinnamon - let it all sizzle until brown and yummy. The I poured it all onto my plate - oil, butter and all! Its so good!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• That sounds sooo good Tomi.
                Tonight I am making chicken "burgers" grill chicken breast with some spices, I am thinking garlic and paprika (cut the breast thin). I don't normally buy breast but I really feel like it after Tomi's post
                Grill bacon and make guacamole.
                Pile it all on the plate. Am thinking of adding a pineapple slice.
                mmmmm yummy!

Comment

• Looks like I'm going to be ordering an adrenal fatigue test. This fatigue is too much, I can literally take a nap any time during the day and sleep for hours. I'm still hoping HFLC will help in that area, it's only been a few days.

Comment

• I hope things improve for you soon Erin, that sounds terrible.
                    I think it was 2 weeks of HFLC for me, before I felt like I was buzzing LOL

Comment

• Tonight I am making chicken "burgers" grill chicken breast with some spices, I am thinking garlic and paprika (cut the breast thin). I don't normally buy breast but I really feel like it after Tomi's post
                      Grill bacon and make guacamole.
                      Pile it all on the plate. Am thinking of adding a pineapple slice.
                      mmmmm yummy!
                      accidentally one night all we had left that we could both eat was chicken breast, bacon and eggs. so we did pan fried chicken breast with the streaky bacon nice and crispy with fried eggs on top. it was very nice and i usually dont like bacon that much. i still do things like venison ( lol ) with streaky bacon and eggs. the trick is to keep the egg yolk runny so you can dip everything in it.

Comment

• So I am learning that I just can't have things made with cream cheese around. Man, the combination of the mouth feel and the taste are addicting. So I ended up eating the cream cheese/bacon dip at 2 meals and a snack yesterday. I did not go over my calories but my macros are a little out of wack. Now my fingers are puffy. I really have to stick to a no snacking rule.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Y'know what's really tasty that I'd completely forgotten about? Lox (smoked salmon.) Especially when you what a slice around a chunk of cream cheese. I need to get a side of salmon and smoke that critter myself.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Question: Is it okay if my protein is lower than calculated? By the formula it should be 50-60g, though I've actually been targeting 70g each day. Yesterday everything was a little low, protein was only 36g, fats were 101 and carbs 28. I generally haven't had much difficulty keeping protein up, in fact it's usually too high, so this is odd.
                            My journal

Comment

• For a day or two, you should be fine, Zee. If it's consistently that low, I'd worry, but one or two days shouldn't be a bother.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Cool, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it and make sure this isn't a new trend.
                                My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X