Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geo, my BP can get quite high, but LOTS of fluids and the LCHF keep it down.

    When I got out of the hospital for the PE's it was high enough consistently enough that I let the doc talk me into medication. Then at about the same time I went LC, and started drinking lots of fluids. The next time I went in it was so low the nurse took it several times and even tried the other arm. The doc admitted I was right and let me off of them without an argument. Mine gets high when I am retaining fluids. so besides drinking at least 125oz of liquids a day, I make one of those drinks the matcha, because green tea acts as a diuretic as does parsley and many veggies (mostly the greens). The Matcha powder is the most potent form of green tea because it is actually the leaves dried and crushed into a powder. I get mine from The Republic of Tea, and while it seems expensive, it lasts a long time because you only use a tsp of the powder a day. And I like the taste of this one, others I have tried are quite earthy. Of course I make it a Bullet Proof tea by adding kerrygold, butter, MCT, and HWC, with a few drops of stevia it is yummy!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

    My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

    Comment


    • Oh! Another cool thing. I found last night that I could run 6 mph at 3 degree incline just breathing through my nose! I can definitely tell I don't need to breathe as much for the same amount of effort. It's kinda weird.
      Last edited by AshleyL; 01-27-2013, 10:37 AM.

      Comment


      • Ashley, that is fantastic! Increasing lung capacity is very important.

        Just wanted to let everyone know I put the cream cheese/bacon dip into the MFP and put some stats in the recipe group discussion for it.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

        My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by geostump View Post
          I like oopsie rolls as a crust for pizza. It works well.
          I have an awesome recipe that I use for pizza crust. I modified a brazillian cheese bread recipe. It's higher on the carbs, but it's all primal friendly. The dough is made of tapioca flour and coconut flour. If anyone wants it I'd be happy to share it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by geostump View Post
            I like oopsie rolls as a crust for pizza. It works well.
            I tried that but it didn't hold up too well. Any tips?
            My journal

            Comment


            • That tapioca will get your carbs up extremely FAST. I doubt it will fit well into doing HFLC for keto even in small portions... though you are right, it is perfectly Primal otherwise.

              I posted a link a while back as well to a meatza crust of approx half chicken and half cheese...
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                Geo, my BP can get quite high, but LOTS of fluids and the LCHF keep it down.

                When I got out of the hospital for the PE's it was high enough consistently enough that I let the doc talk me into medication. Then at about the same time I went LC, and started drinking lots of fluids. The next time I went in it was so low the nurse took it several times and even tried the other arm. The doc admitted I was right and let me off of them without an argument. Mine gets high when I am retaining fluids. so besides drinking at least 125oz of liquids a day, I make one of those drinks the matcha, because green tea acts as a diuretic as does parsley and many veggies (mostly the greens). The Matcha powder is the most potent form of green tea because it is actually the leaves dried and crushed into a powder. I get mine from The Republic of Tea, and while it seems expensive, it lasts a long time because you only use a tsp of the powder a day. And I like the taste of this one, others I have tried are quite earthy. Of course I make it a Bullet Proof tea by adding kerrygold, butter, MCT, and HWC, with a few drops of stevia it is yummy!
                I'm working on pounding the drinks today. When I finish taxes and see how much we are getting back, I'll see about ordering some matcha. I'm working on drinking more teas. The additional fluids are helping my head out. I may cut the coffee out for a few days and see how I do without it. Or if I do have any, a small cup of black coffee and that is all.
                Georgette

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Zee View Post
                  I tried that but it didn't hold up too well. Any tips?
                  Mine held up well. I oiled the pan really well and had no issues with getting it off the pan. Other than that, no ideas.
                  Georgette

                  Comment


                  • Geo....drinking more liquids i was able to easily drop my coffee consumption to one cup a day instead of the seven I had been drinking. You can do it!
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      meggan, a lot of us are on my fitness pal. If you give us your user name, we can friend you and you will be able to see our food diaries.
                      That would be really helpful! Thank you. Here is my username: meganjnf

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                        Geo....drinking more liquids i was able to easily drop my coffee consumption to one cup a day instead of the seven I had been drinking. You can do it!
                        I only have one cup of coffee a day now. It's a 12-16oz cup. I was thinking of lowering that amount. I like my coffee in the mornings.
                        Georgette

                        Comment


                        • I switched out the matcha for the coffee and don't miss it, although I do often put some instant granules in my morning smoothie for a mocha flavor profile. I also used to drink the 1 12-16oz mug, it now bothers my tummy when I try to drink it, weird.

                          I think I will stick with the pizza casserole. Not trying to be pizza, just going for the flavors, I feel confident this will go over better with the rest of the family than a wanna be substitute.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

                          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                          My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                          Comment


                          • I think I've read that coffee can be troublesome for people with gluten sensitivity/intolerance/allergies. I don't know why that is, however.

                            I'm making cream cheese clouds today! The apartment is cold, so it's probably going to be a bit difficult to mix everything, though the butter and cream cheese has been out for about 5 hours now haha.
                            Depression Lies

                            Comment


                            • I was talking to my BFF yesterday about an ice storm that happened here when their youngest was less than a year old. They lost power so they went to stay with her MIL. When they went home to check on things, they looked in the freezer and saw that the ice cream had melted and oozed out of the carton and then refroze-inside the freezer-with no power! It was so cold in the house that the ice cream refroze inside the freezer!

                              the other day I just melted some cream cheese in the microwave put a little vanilla in and a few stevia drops and ate it like ice cream-so good, and a very quick sweet fix.
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

                              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                              My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                              Comment


                              • I just wanted to chime in with what I am eating today.

                                B: 2 egg omelet w/.5 T butter, 1/4 of an avocado, 1 oz swiss cheese; 24 oz coffee
                                L: 3 oz sliced leftover steak, 2 oz romaine w/1 T ceasar dressing & sprinkle of parm
                                S: 1 serving chocolate mousse & 1 oz macadamias
                                D: goat meat carnitas served over lettuce with onion & cilantro; 1.5 oz rye w/water.

                                I am a bit hungry between meals, but TOM is due any day now and I'm hopeful that the hunger will settle down after that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X