Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you for the link to the creamer. I'll try to make it this weekend. Seems easy enough.

    Comment


    • I just noticed there is a way to close a thread might be a good idea when you start the new one so noobs will know not to bother to post in the old one not sure how it works exactly so just a thought
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

      My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

      Comment


      • I was wondering about that myself. I've seen on other sites where they locked a thread so it could be read but not posted in.
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

        Comment


        • I will look into it. Maybe the last post in this thread could be a link to the new one. Wait! If both threads contain links to each other, would that cause a time-space paradox?
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            Okay, I am pre writing the first post of the new thread as a word document.
            Please give me your suggestions for links and important info that should be in this opening post. It will go live on Feb 1st. I think maybe we should make our January concluding reports in this thread on 2/1 and then move to the new one. I also plan to put my Jan report in my first post on the new thread.
            Ill weigh and measure next on 1st Feb too, and post my results.

            Comment


            • lulululululululu (I think that is the creepy music from Twilight Zone)
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

              My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

              Comment


              • Not getting on the scale yet but all my pants are looser in the thighs. Hopefully the butt will follow!
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  I will look into it. Maybe the last post in this thread could be a link to the new one. Wait! If both threads contain links to each other, would that cause a time-space paradox?
                  Now THAT would be cool to see.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                    Not getting on the scale yet but all my pants are looser in the thighs. Hopefully the butt will follow!
                    Great! May your butt get smaller and mine too!
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                    Comment


                    • OMG!!! I hit a new 6 month low weight today. I am only 20 lbs from my all time Primal low. Can't wait to do the week 4 report on Tuesday morning.

                      Now, I'm beginning to be a believer.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        lulululululululu (I think that is the creepy music from Twilight Zone)
                        Sounds more like the Michael Myers theme from Halloween. lol
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          OMG!!! I hit a new 6 month low weight today. I am only 20 lbs from my all time Primal low. Can't wait to do the week 4 report on Tuesday morning.

                          Now, I'm beginning to be a believer.
                          Gratuitous Monkees song playing in my head now.
                          Georgette

                          Comment


                          • Hello All,
                            I just wanted to thank you for all of your posts, inspiration and motivation! I have been diligently reading this thread and making tweaks to my WOE and have seen results that have not been apparent for about a year now. I started eating primally 2years ago and dropped 35 pounds rather easily. And then I became kind of complacent and basically let some cheats take over. The end result has been gaining and losing the same 13 pounds over this past year.

                            Since January 11th, I have downloaded MFP and have been using it everyday since then. My old tracking app was not very user friendly. I have moved my macros to 70% fat, 20% protien and 10% carbs and have found that I have lost the urge to snack and am basically eating two meals a day and feeling great. The result of all of this is a 7.5 pound weight loss and 3 inches have disappeared off my frame with an added bonus of super energy and great night sleeps.

                            THANK YOU!!!!!
                            “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
                            ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

                            SW (January 2011): 208.5
                            LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
                            CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by B2B View Post
                              Hello All,
                              I just wanted to thank you for all of your posts, inspiration and motivation! I have been diligently reading this thread and making tweaks to my WOE and have seen results that have not been apparent for about a year now. I started eating primally 2years ago and dropped 35 pounds rather easily. And then I became kind of complacent and basically let some cheats take over. The end result has been gaining and losing the same 13 pounds over this past year.

                              Since January 11th, I have downloaded MFP and have been using it everyday since then. My old tracking app was not very user friendly. I have moved my macros to 70% fat, 20% protien and 10% carbs and have found that I have lost the urge to snack and am basically eating two meals a day and feeling great. The result of all of this is a 7.5 pound weight loss and 3 inches have disappeared off my frame with an added bonus of super energy and great night sleeps.

                              THANK YOU!!!!!
                              I'm so glad that HFLC way of eating is working great for you!
                              I'm doing a more balanced approach,but I do feel the same as you...eating more fat has sure helped with the snacking for me too!
                              Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
                              CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
                              I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!


                              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

                              Comment


                              • Welcome B2B! Glad to have you join our group. The sleep has been pretty darn amazing on my end too!
                                Georgette

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X