Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn my husband. He bought me 4 mini bottles of alcohol. 3 champagne, 1 liquor which I am sure is full of sugar. And a 24 pk of Ferrer Roche which are wheat and sugar bombs. 24? Really? I swear this man does not listen to me.
    He also bought me several items from Victoria's Secret because I'm soooo sexy now. Doesn't he get that it can't be both ways. If I eat crap, I won't be sexy.

Sorry, I'm not really only pissed at him. I did great last night until I hit the wine too hard which led to cheesecake and cookies. Today was a total food fest and there is still tons of crap in the house. GRRR.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I had two rolls because my mother brought them and insisted! Wine has flowed - my uncle keeps refilling my glass. Other than that and a spoonful of Mac & cheese I've done okay. Skipped all desserts.
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I surprised myself and did not partake of wine.. now celery?? I went to town and had a little celery with my cream cheese concoctions. I do not feel deprived at all. I had to make some more fat bombs though (coconut butter, cream cheese, cocoa nibs, sweetener)
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          Darn my husband. He bought me 4 mini bottles of alcohol. 3 champagne, 1 liquor which I am sure is full of sugar. And a 24 pk of Ferrer Roche which are wheat and sugar bombs. 24? Really? I swear this man does not listen to me.
          He also bought me several items from Victoria's Secret because I'm soooo sexy now. Doesn't he get that it can't be both ways. If I eat crap, I won't be sexy.

Sorry, I'm not really only pissed at him. I did great last night until I hit the wine too hard which led to cheesecake and cookies. Today was a total food fest and there is still tons of crap in the house. GRRR.
          sounds like the roche stuff needs to be re-gifted. Time to pack up the excess goodies and share with the neighbors!
          Karin

Comment

• I love Ferraro Roches. I was determined to enjoy some this Christmas, but I didn't want to get sucked into the dangers of a large amount. Say, a 24-pack! So I bought a twelve pack and put two in each of the family members' stockings, and four in mine. Somehow, knowing I only have four, is making me savor them. I know if I had twenty-four in the house, though, I would be gobbling them like a madwoman. I agree with Athome: can you give them away, pronto?

Comment

• I have no choice but to give away the candy. I am going to send it to work with my husband. After 1 1/2 days of poor eating, I feel like crap, my bad ankle is a "cankle" and I weigh 240.6. A 9 lb gain. Disaster.

I really am not able to control off plan eating like a normal person. Once I start, it becomes a non stop free for all.

At least I have a plan.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Hang in there, Pebbles -- look at the enormously valuable lesson you have learned:

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                After 1 1/2 days of poor eating, I feel like crap, my bad ankle is a "cankle" and I weigh 240.6. A 9 lb gain. Disaster.
                For me, the weight gain was less (maybe because I'm shorter? LOL), but the feeling like crap part was always there. It took a few experiments, but even those few things which remained tasty (and boy, have my tastes changed!!) have side effects that just ain't worth it.

So now I smile and pass on the junk - graciously! - and if necessary I fast, drinking water and knowing that's better than the alternative for me. After all, if Chaz can fast several days, I can go longer than my usual 20-24 hours. Easy.

And it does get easier, the longer I feel this good.

Keep going. Never quit - just stop or pause when you choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  I have no choice but to give away the candy. I am going to send it to work with my husband. After 1 1/2 days of poor eating, I feel like crap, my bad ankle is a "cankle" and I weigh 240.6. A 9 lb gain. Disaster.

I really am not able to control off plan eating like a normal person. Once I start, it becomes a non stop free for all.

At least I have a plan.
                  Hang in there and regroup. Its good you have a plan. You need to take care of you. Look to your success for your focus.
                  Karin

Comment

• Yeah, I ate a ton yesterday(my sister is a damn good cook and I WANTED to eat). But like I said earlier, I am taking this week to ease into EMF, so I will not be angry at myself for eating what I did. I do feel the beginnings of a cold so I am pumping the Cold Eeze and fluids down me. I am hoping we get out of work early today. We're getting hit by massive white death today.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Paula, hang in there, lady! You will get back on track. For better or for worse, your body swings weight pretty dramatically -- you will be able to whip those 9 lbs off fairly quickly when you get back in the groove. We're here for you and rooting for you.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I probably ate more fat than usual over the long weekend (4 days), but I also ate a lot more processed carbs too. Funnily enough, my body seemed to react positively and I leaned out even more. I have seen my abs consistently for 3 mornings in a row. I'm going back to my usual eating now (moderate carb, no wheat or refined sugar!) and am curious to see if it remains the same. Maybe that carb refeed business works for me. I feel fairly energetic, but I believe that's due to taking Vitex. My knee is hurting a lot from the wheat I ate this weekend, and my body is not feeling strong, even on the usual 3 flights of stairs I walk 5 days out of the week to my office.

My EMF experiment only lasted a few days last week. The first two days, I tried to eat more earlier in the day and was not hungry until just before bed as a result (that does not work for me). The third day, I was ravenous all day long. I think I'll go back to paleo for now and try adding in more fruit.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• the higher fat for me is working well. I was actually able to not eat dessert last night and not feel deprived (and it was a family Christmas tradition- povitica). No hunger issues yesterday, and no energy issues. I definitely feel better when I don't eat carbs.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm going to take my measurements/weight on Monday, December 31 to kick off the higher fat approach. I'll probably fast on Jan 2 (day of my knee surgery; can't eat before, and I probably won't want to eat after). I will be cooking a boatload of foods on Dec. 31 and Jan 1 to store/freeze for easy reheating post-surgery. Does anyone have any food suggestions? Thanks in advance!
                            F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• After my surgery all that sounded good was soup. You could make and freeze some soups (cheesy broccili, chicken vegetable etc.), you might also cook up some group hamburger that can be easily heated and seasoned for taco salad, meat sauce with parm cheese, "chili" sans beans). You also might think of making some egg/casserole dishes. I made lazy chili rellanos for Christmas and they are good reheated. Have sliced meats on hand as well as prepared salad greens. Best wishes to you on your surgery.
                              Karin

Comment

• Thanks, Karin!
                                F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Working...
                                X