Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly bury this one come February and start 2 more: one as a thread with all the basics and for n00bs to ask questions in, and one as a communal EMF Feb journal.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Possibly bury this one come February and start 2 more: one as a thread with all the basics and for n00bs to ask questions in, and one as a communal EMF Feb journal.
      Good idea!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Nice work calee. The brownies totally would have gotten me.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• today is treat day at work.. note to self.. there is nothing you need in the lounge.
          Karin

Comment

• So far, my main challenge has been actually eating breakfast. I haven't willingly eaten breakfast since elementary school. I know I need to, for the adrenal fatigue, but actually eating before noon takes thought and effort. I may do lazy eggs on Sunday and take a slice a day with me and heat it in the nuker at work.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think I am in low carb flu today. Doesn't help that the Russian Circus came to town, along with feeling congested and waking up with something in my left eye. Oh yeah, there is snow on the ground as well. I'm drinking some tea with CO and had broth with bouillon and butter. Not making anything better. Clint and the girls want chili dogs for dinner tonight and I am making myself a pizza casserol thing. Slicing up a hot italian sausage link and frying the slices up maybe put some pepperoni on the base as well. Top it with sauce, cheese, shrooms, black olives and banana peppers. I'm hoping it turns out fairly decent.
              Georgette

Comment

• Geo- Pass the BAcon! It sounds like we have the same thing (minus the circus and all its folly)! Crap. I am going to work on the broth too.
                Karin

Comment

• I feel like I just want to sleep right now.

Paula, for links for the newbie thread, I think one to Dr. Attia's blog would be good as well as to Jimmy Moore's. Also the BMR calculator and any formulas for figuring macros.
                  Georgette

Comment

• I've lost 3 lbs so far and I hope this time it sticks. I always fluctuate about 5 pounds so we'll see in a few days if this is working for me. My macro's were perfect yesterday.

Comment

• Re: new thread. I am cool with a new one. I like the idea of having a communal thread and a newbie thread, but think that might get confusing for the newbies. Plus, we'd all have two threads to keep track of in order to help our newbies. Maybe one thread would be best - and as new information comes available or new awesome links are found, just update the first thread with that added info?

First post ideas:

How it works
                      Dr. Attia's blog link
                      Recipe group link
                      MFP Link (or fitday or whatever)
                      links to all those great "fat source" articles that have been posted
                      Formula for figuring macros
                      maybe a link to ideal weights (even though this is CW garbage, we all kind of refer to it at first)

Then, as I said, if a new link is discovered, it can be added to the first post - first post would kind of be a living document of sorts.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Just tried butter in my coffee and my tea for the first time today. IT WAS YUMMY!! If anyone has hesitated on this, give it a try. I thought I wouldn't like it but it will now be a regular part of my routine. Oh, coffee was with HWC, tea was with coconut milk.
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I think 1 thread is best, and like that you could add links to the first page as needed.

You might mention that the main purpose is to support each other through our individual journey. So if some people want to put in their food that is fine, if some want to do experiences that is good, beg for help, toot their horn we are here for ya. Haters not welcome.

maybe include info that includes the fact that many of us track and keep up with each other on MFP.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
                            For those with low progesterone you can try a cream called progest it can help raise your progesterone level just don;t follow the directions on the box. You use it twice a day starting after you ovulate so you need to be tracking ovulation. You cannot just assume you ovulate on cd14. Which nameless may have been why your level was low. If they did a cd21 test as opposed to a cd3 and a test one week after ovulation it could throw your levels off if you don;t ovulate on cd 14, which many women do not.
                            I don't have the energy to deal with tracking ovoulation, nor do I know what those cd numbers mean. 21 days into my cycle would be about when they tested. One week prior to my period is when my PMS (depression) symptoms started, so I think it's a fair guess for me . I've had improvements on Vitex so I think it's a good option for me.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I am definitely only doing one thread. I am leaning towards a Nutrition thread. Personally, I don't want to have to keep up with two threads and my journal plus read and post in everyone else's. The first post of the new thread will include all suggested info. If I miss anything we can add it in the first few posts.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I think one thread is fine. Plenty of "master" threads on various topics have worked over the time I've been here (the original Iodine thread and Leptin Reset thread were monsters). You can always search in an individual thread for topics and keywords.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X