This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay Gang, we need to vote...

Jenn says that I can change the name of this thread to reflect that we are continuing beyond January.

Do We:

1) Keep going with this thread
    2) Open a new thread with a link to this one in the first post. This would not be February thread, but a "challenge continues" thread.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Okay Gang, we need to vote...

Jenn says that I can change the name of this thread to reflect that we are continuing beyond January.

Do We:

1) Keep going with this thread
      2) Open a new thread with a link to this one in the first post. This would not be February thread, but a "challenge continues" thread.
      My suggestion would be a new thread detailing how the EMF works, links to the source materials, and a place to put daily meal plans and answer questions. Then a seperate journal thread "The EMF Journey" or some such, where those participating could go for encouragement, to celebrate, to whine, to whatever. This allows new folks an easy way to find the information and gives the more experienced folks a place to hang out. That or I would put together a consolidation of 'information' in the first post of the new journal (or link to it in this one) - macro %, where to figure BMR, link to Dr. Attia etc. People looking for information wont care that on day 3 I ate a brownie and fell out of ketosis. They want to know how much fat to eat.

Of course, two seperate posts might be too much of a pita, so perhaps linking to one post of all the main info would work best. Just a thought

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        My suggestion would be a new thread detailing how the EMF works, links to the source materials, and a place to put daily meal plans and answer questions. Then a seperate journal thread "The EMF Journey" or some such, where those participating could go for encouragement, to celebrate, to whine, to whatever. This allows new folks an easy way to find the information and gives the more experienced folks a place to hang out. That or I would put together a consolidation of 'information' in the first post of the new journal (or link to it in this one) - macro %, where to figure BMR, link to Dr. Attia etc. People looking for information wont care that on day 3 I ate a brownie and fell out of ketosis. They want to know how much fat to eat.

Of course, two seperate posts might be too much of a pita, so perhaps linking to one post of all the main info would work best. Just a thought
        I think these are great ideas

Comment

• I survived the start up of the Russian Circus. Yep, it's here and will be a stellar show.
          Georgette

Comment

• I'm going with canio's suggestion.

New people are not going to want to read 100+ pages, they'll start at the end and miss out on vital information.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• sounds like a PITA, but I have to agree with Canio.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                sounds like a PITA, but I have to agree with Canio.
                it could be. But a new thread with all the links in the first post sounds easy enough. Then when new folks show up you could just say, "Welcome! Don't forget to read the links in the first post"

Comment

• Okay, I am pre writing the first post of the new thread as a word document.
                  Please give me your suggestions for links and important info that should be in this opening post. It will go live on Feb 1st. I think maybe we should make our January concluding reports in this thread on 2/1 and then move to the new one. I also plan to put my Jan report in my first post on the new thread.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Heh. I'm diving in head first into this madness, starting yesterday at dinner. I definitely need to pick up some HWC and some other easy fats.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I wanted to binge so bad last night.. a pity binge because my chest is tight with something and my inhalers are just not kicking it. I got some DM to take but I still feel like bad bacon! The cough is painful. I did not binge though. I drank a cup of yogi sleeptime tea and cough medicine with codeine and went to bed.

I went over on my macros a little. Carbs are high, which is weird.

Totals
                      cal-1,796

c-46
                      10%
                      f-169
                      79%
                      p-57
                      12%
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Good Job Karin! I was a little off too last night, but went to bed before the mischief could start.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Yay NK! Welcome.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I just re read Canio's suggestions.

Vote. Do we want a new thread in the nutrition forum or a journal?

IMO a thread would get more traffic and help more people. I fear the old thread will get buried when the posting stops.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Good Morning!
                              I am a happy person this morning.

Yesterday was challenging. Day long meeting. Room filled with bagels, brownies,pizza, fruit. I brought some sliced ham for breakfast and put the cream cheese on that. At lunch I pulled the cheese and meat off the pizza. Brownies were easy because they are not Primal but I did glance at them. I did however make the choice to indulge in some melon. I thought for sure I would be thrown out of ketosis but was still trace last night. I was hungry last night but stuck to eating fat, coconut butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and a bit of red bell pepper. My calories ended at 1700 which is 4-500 than I aim for. Was really worried about morning weigh in.

Monday. 151.6
                              Friday. 147.6

2-3 more of holiday weight to shed. I know it will come off and hopefully take more with it! I'm 5'4.

As far as new thread, I am happy with whatever the group wants. I am just so happy to have all of you as a wonderful resource!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                IMO a thread would get more traffic and help more people. I fear the old thread will get buried when the posting stops.
                                A thread would probably work better, as you stated. IMHO, it just needs to have the basic information in a single, easy to find location.

Comment

Working...
                                X