This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    Have you read any of Dr. Attia's blog, especially his "what I eat" entry and "how can I lose weight"?
    Who needs doctors when you have all these informative ladies around? Kidding. I will read it when I get home

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
      Jon, I've gotten pretty good at at lower protein and veggies. I'm supposed to eat 136g fat, 62-71g protein and no more than 34g fat a day. On a typical day, I eat:

B-cup coffee w/3 tbsp whipping cream(sometimes unsalted butter), 2-3 pieces bacon, bone broth with butter and bouillon

L-usually a salad with low carb veggies meat ranch dressing or cream based soups or buffalo chicken dip with pork rinds

D-Bacon & eggs or whatever I make for the family that falls into the EMF requirements.
      Thanks Geo. Lots of bacon and ranch in these daily menus. I like it already

Comment

• Jon, those percentages are pretty spot on, if a tad low on fat and a tad high on protein. I think I shoot for 20 to 25% protein, and 70 to 75% fat. BUT Primal did not work for me to lose wight, and I just did a 6 month experiment where my protein was higher and fat was lower and shooting for 10 non-starchy veggies a day (proteins were in the 175 to 200g range, carbs around 50g) and that didn't drop any fat. So, I am thinking I probably need to do this a little more extreme than most.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• p.s. I am totally with ya on the doctors in general, but this guy is actually doing it. Warning though, his stuff can be a bit thick in scientific jargon
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            Jon, those percentages are pretty spot on, if a tad low on fat and a tad high on protein. I think I shoot for 20 to 25% protein, and 70 to 75% fat. BUT Primal did not work for me to lose wight, and I just did a 6 month experiment where my protein was higher and fat was lower and shooting for 10 non-starchy veggies a day (proteins were in the 175 to 200g range, carbs around 50g) and that didn't drop any fat. So, I am thinking I probably need to do this a little more extreme than most.
            Sounds good. Life is all about n=1. I'm glad EMF is working for you

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            p.s. I am totally with ya on the doctors in general, but this guy is actually doing it. Warning though, his stuff can be a bit thick in scientific jargon

I was just messing with you. I'll read his stuff when I get home.

Comment

• I think if you add fat here and there, you will be right on point.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                Sounds good. Life is all about n=1. I'm glad EMF is working for you
                I was just messing with you. I'll read his stuff when I get home.
                thanks, not sure it is working for fat loss, no scale till March, but I do feel better.

yeah, I know
                Last edited by demuralist; 01-24-2013, 11:17 AM.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• My goal weight is 125, so that makes it 54kg roughly and I was adding 10% to that per the formula, but I suppose I can keep it at 54g instead of adding the 10%. I've been going over on my protein everyday so I thought I might as well change my macros, but I keep forgetting that too much protein can interrupt ketosis. I'm dialing back on the protein and carbs today and trying some more things with adding fats to see if I can't get the macros to what they should be.

Comment

• If you are having trouble with the fats, that article that is linked in our recipe group has some good suggestions. I think the title of the discussion is "12 healthy fats for NK" something like that.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                      Canio and Jan11, do either of you do heavy lifting? Heavy lifting would require more protein, I would think. The problem with protein comes in when it's NOT being used for building or repairing. So if you're not doing much in the gym, there isn't much need for protein. And any protein not used for building turns to sugar. But if you're lifting regularly, maybe you wouldn't need to reduce the protein so much?
                      Good point. I don't exercise as much as I should, period, and when I do it tends to be runs of the 2 mile - 5K variety. Sometimes I'll do a set of kettlebells, some squats, or whatever, but I really should have a more regular lifting regimen. My functional strength is good for someone as slothful as I am, but it wouldn't hurt to pick it up a notch...

Comment

Yeah, but I am only 5'7" so perhaps I am fooling myself into thinking I look good at 200 and thin at 180. Bleh.
                        Hard to say, really. People have such different body types, I'd be loathe to make generalizations. When you get to 200#, you can always decide to tweak the goals, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                          Hard to say, really. People have such different body types, I'd be loathe to make generalizations. When you get to 200#, you can always decide to tweak the goals, right?
                          Exactly...
                          Also, IMO, incremental goals are often the best.
                          When you start out facing a bigger number can just be too daunting, especially when stalls/stress/plateaus/life happens.
                          Smaller goals make it all more bearable.

Then you just set a new goal when you get there,and are comfortable and ready.
                          I think maintaining a goal for a little while is sometimes an important step too.
                          I think people undervalue the maintenance aspect sometimes.
                          Like if they've lost 78 lbs in 2 years, but haven't lost the last 7lbs they want to... they get so focused on those 7 "ideal" pounds they forget to celebrate the fact that maybe they have kept that 78 pounds off steadily for more than 6 months.
                          Instead they are starting to panic about 7lbs? What?!
                          (Not that I'm seeing that here... but I've definitely read it in other places on the forum. Just a friendly Zen reminder. )
                          Chill people.
                          It's a journey.
                          Last edited by cori93437; 01-24-2013, 11:35 AM.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                            Certainly. It is more of a perception issue. I, being egotistical, always think I look good

Comment

Certainly. It is more of a perception issue. I, being egotistical, always think I look good
                              Bow chica bow bow...
                              You must make milkshakes... all the girls flock to your yard.

In relation to that my husband is 5'6" and about 190.
                              (Yes, tall girl is married to a short fella. )
                              He has a little extra on him still. I think he is shooting for 175?
                              He isn't really focused and trying too hard though...
                              He isn't interested in being all buff at 150 like when he played football in high school...
                              Which is good, I don't think we can afford the HGH and I don't know where to buy it.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I've hit my first goal, lost 10 pounds. My next goal is to hit 199. That's 7 pounds away. I don't think I will weigh in at all this week due to stress. Even though my eating is within plan, I'm still aware that I've been stressed and am thinking that would affect weight. Life always seems to get in the way when I get close to that 199 mark. It seems like its going to be the death of me to get there.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X