This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I posted it after your post in Paula's journal. Do you use my fitness pal?
    Yup, just saw it. Thanks, and no I don't. I generally do not track and when I do I use fitday.

Comment

• I love eggs and notice when I just eat the yolks (fried or hardboiled), I can avoid going over on my protein but get in all my fat.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Canio, maybe you can post a typical day of what you eat here and we can make suggestions. Start by giving us your goal weight so we can do the macros and we will go from there.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          jan11 I can tell you that this plan has cut my binges down by a third already. The key for me was more fat. I have worked my program up to 80% daily. Because the fat is so high, I end up eating around 20g of carb and 70 g of protein. You can see in my post to Meggan above how I figured my original macros.

What is your goal weight?
          Thank you for your reply!!

I don't have a goal weight, exactly. Because of my food issues, I'd really rather NOT get on a scale and weight/measure. It just takes me to a place mentally that I do not want to be. That said, I'm guessing I'm around 120-125 pounds right now and would be pretty happy if:

1. The mental stuff went away, like you said.
          2. I lost about 5-8 pounds of fat.

Initially, I was thinking of doing 55g protein, 25 g carb but I feel that is too drastic a cut (that would be half of the protein I was doing). I want to be able to sustain this, you know? Now I'm thinking of doing 70g protein, 25g total carb, the rest fat AND cut out ghee.

Something is making me bloated, and I can only guess it is that!!

Does that make sense? Will those macros get me into ketosis?

Comment

• Also, my fat has been at 80% for almost two weeks, but my protein has been at 100g per day (I know that's a lot of fat).

Any chance my carbs need to be spread out? Is there an issue with eating over 10g of carb at once (thought I read that somewhere)?

I have read every inch of Dr. Attia's blog, Atkins book, and Phinney and Volek's book. I just want to make this work!

I'm starting to get really frustrated- second guessing every bite of food, which is the opposite of how I want this to go...

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              Canio, maybe you can post a typical day of what you eat here and we can make suggestions. Start by giving us your goal weight so we can do the macros and we will go from there.
              Well, goal weights are tricky. I (in my humble opinion) look good at 200. I look thin at 180. Apparently I am supposed to weigh somewhere between 149-168. So I was going with 170 and using P's macro numbers.

a typical day, where I do not eat potatoes or another starch would be something like:

B/L: 5 eggs, 2 oz cheese, 1 cup tomatoes, 1 cups mushrooms - generally scrambled or an omelet cooked in butter (TBS or two)

D: 9oz of meat (generally steak, chicken thighs, or fish), 2 cups of asparagus (or similar veg usually sauteed in butter or roasted if brussels or some such) or/and a couple of cups of leafy greens.

Drinks: coffee with 1/2-and-1/2 or hvy cream.

Work days tend to be left over meat and veg for lunch with dinner as above. Some days I eat more meat. Some days less. Some days I may eat a dozen eggs, other days 0.

Comment

• Jan11, I would just do the macros on the weight you think you are and see if that is enough to get you into NK..so

120=54kg that means 54g of protein, 108g of fat, and 27g of carb

Canio, first glance too many whole eggs (maybe use just the yolks for some of them) and too much meat (probably need to do half that at most cooked in CO) and definitely add butter to the veggies. I gotta go get ready for work, but I will come back later and make some suggestions. I am sure others will chime in before then. I can go days without eating any meat.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm just worried about feeling satisfied on so little meat!

Is it okay to eat mostly nuts the rest of the day, then? I can't do dairy at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    Canio, first glance too many whole eggs (maybe use just the yolks for some of them) and too much meat (probably need to do half that at most cooked in CO) and definitely add butter to the veggies. I gotta go get ready for work, but I will come back later and make some suggestions. I am sure others will chime in before then. I can go days without eating any meat.
                    Thanks for the response, it is inline with what I expected. I am a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy. I can eliminate potatoes (mostly, I still like them from time to time) but days without meat? I might have to hang myself. Well, I think that answers my 'will you ever try the EMF thing' question.

Comment

• 1700 calories seems low for a guy...Didnt Dr. Attica have a separate formula for men?
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        1700 calories seems low for a guy...Didnt Dr. Attica have a separate formula for men?
                        It probably is. I was just trying to get a ballpark figure based on P's numbers.

Comment

• You don't have to give up meat - just eat a bit less of it

Although, I would say that not everyone needs NK. My husband has done awesome on straight up primal (I just try to remember to help him get enough fat). I think I have a few more issues (insulin resistance from my PCOS, a life of being overweight, family history of addictive behavior, etc.).

For breakfast today:
                          Pate 2 oz, 3 pastured egg yolks, 1 T trader joe's olive tapenade - 445 calories, 41 g fat, 5 g carbs, 15 g protein
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Jon it seems to me that what you are already doing is working, but if you upped the cals, you could add fat without cutting too much protein.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The meat/protein issue is my personal biggest hurdle. It is a perception issue more than a hunger issue. I am always high on protein, my range is 65-79g and I tend to hover between 100-112g. That will be my focus next week, reduce protein. I know the problem is I eat 7-9 oz for dinner. I just need to cut it in half and figure out if an addition of something else will be necessary. Is it perception of amount of food needed, or is it that I will be hungry. I have to try to figure that out. I may get a food scale to help with this effort.

My standard day:

B: Avocado Smoothie and 2 cups of coffee with 2-3 tbsp HWC

L: 4 oz of boar's head deli meat, 1 cup of veg, 1-2oz of cheese, maybe some olives thrown in, or I get lunch fajitas or salads at a local Mexican place

D: 7-9 oz of meat, veg, cheese

butter in veggies or meat cooked in it, bacon grease, bacon added to things, ghee, etc.

I am having success even without the protein macros being on target, would like to see what getting in exercise and protein g lower would do.
                              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                Jon it seems to me that what you are already doing is working, but if you upped the cals, you could add fat without cutting too much protein.
                                It is working, but I always like to check out new ideas and see what people are doing. I appreciate all the replies I've gotten. New information is good to have

Comment

Working...
                                X