Really confused about calorie intake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillykid View Post
    I was used to following meal plans from reading men's health and they always said multiply weight x 10 and that was how many calories i had to eat. Pretty sure i'm not the only one which is why i made this thread to learn more about PB
    You have to keep in mind, though, that most of those "health" magazines are focused on conventional wisdom and the normal "diet" rules. A lot of these are the same ones that say that the Primal or Paleo "diet" (they say diet, we say way of life) is not good for you.

Experiment a lot with what works FOR YOU. If you don't want to lose actual pounds, just get leaner, you don't want to cut calories. I've found that Neckhammer and Drumroll generally give very good info and what they have to say makes sense for me. I'm not a young man trying to lean out, rather a middle aged woman trying to lose weight, but it all still applies.

Comment

I was used to following meal plans from reading men's health and they always said multiply weight x 10 and that was how many calories i had to eat. Pretty sure i'm not the only one which is why i made this thread to learn more about PB
      Taking diet and fitness advice from Men's Health is like taking personal grooming advice from National Geographic. It really isn't advisable.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

That's a standard set-up for weightloss yes, some start out a bit higher from 12 kcal X pound of bodyweight, but it is only a startingpoint and must be adjusted when stalls kicks in...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I'm glad I found this website/forums. I have been eating a lot more. I feel a lot better and never binge eat and if I do crave something, i just eat it with no guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            Taking diet and fitness advice from Men's Health is like taking personal grooming advice from National Geographic. It really isn't advisable.
            Very true. Hehehe...
            I'm glad I found this website/forums. I have been eating a lot more. I feel a lot better and never binge eat and if I do crave something, i just eat it with no guilt.
            Yay! Good to hear. Welcome to the Primal tribe.

Comment

Working...
            X