Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Anyway, just a funny story to share around this Christmas season. /Lu
    Maybe Santa will leave a nice, big potato in your stocking this year!

Comment

Originally posted by BaconLuv View Post
      So here I am post baby, and appx 150lbs, 3 weeks into primal - dropped 8 lbs (without working out due to an injury). The weight seems to be falling off, so I wasn't sure if it will just stop when its ready. I finally am able to workout again, and just started crossfit.
      So I guess I will just watch what my body tells me, and perhaps watch my body fat percentage also.
      You will stop losing weight when reaching homeostasis, thatís when energy expenditure and calorie intake are the same. All dieters on a reasonable diet will plateau sooner and later because of this, and when it happens you know your level of weight maintenance...
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I started at a good weight for my height, and so I lost more just for vanity's sake. I'm quite happy where I am, and my weight loss seems to have stopped, so I think my physical output/food input is at a happy equilibrium.
        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

This is a question I have been wondering my self. I started with Primal near on 8 weeks ago with a starting weight of 200lb ( I'm 5'9") I have always carried my weight well with decent muscle mass ( under the fat)

I'm now 24lb lighter at 176lbs.

The strange thing now is getting used to feeling so much thinner?

I did my first IF session this week, not by choice as I'm just getting over a cold that floored me for the most of this week. I couldn't face eating so dropped 2.8lb!!

I really don't want to lose much more weight to be honest but have no idea how to slow it down as I just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm not. I'm hitting the gym doing body weight work and swimming. I simply don't get that hungry any more.

Other than this week I feel great. my carb intake is deffo no more than 50g a day and I stick with the primal plan 95% of the time.

So I guess I just let it take its natural course and hope my body just sorts its own weight out
          Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
          Height 5'9"
          Start weight 200lb
          Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
          Goal was 168lb's

Comment

I was worrying about this but in the end I reached 126 lbs and stopped loosing weight. I seem to be able to eat more or less what I like without gaining although this hasn't been tested with breakfast cereals or bread. With the festive season being rammed down our throats I'm hoping that cakes and mince pies etc don't make me wish I hadn't posted!
            In the past year I have discovered that I am gluten, grain, dairy and legume intolerant.

I am trying to make sense of it all through my blog: http://www.goingagainstthegrain.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
              I was never able to reach the goal look. I would get close, and then my controls will slack and I will eat my way back up to higher fat and it takes a while to muster to go back down. I always wanted flat stomach and 25" in the waist line, and no visible bulge on the outer thigh with a large pronounced deltoid when arm is not flexed, and a good def on hamstring/quad. Never got there. My muscles always look smothered in fat and only pop when arms are flexed.

So, I have not achieved a goal, but being close to the goal for me is achieved by finding the ways to keep fat at bay without suffering. I tried many things, and had to ditch things like cold exposure, fasting and VLC as causing too much suffering to bear for me personally.
              This. I am so with you on this. Sometimes when I read your posts I wonder if we are not in fact the same person....!?

Comment

Nobody with a tendency toward overweight just wastes away to nothingness accidentally. You shouldn't worry about how to stop the weight loss once you reach your goal weight until you actually reach your goal weight. In other words, first find out if this will ever actually be a problem for you, otherwise, don't worry about it.

I think most people with a tendency toward overweight either never reach their goal weight (always have that last 5 or 10lbs to go) or else they do but they had to work very hard and so they know that the only way to maintain is to watch portions vigilantly indefinitely.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

This. I am so with you on this. Sometimes when I read your posts I wonder if we are not in fact the same person....!?
                  Fitness Twins!
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I don't consider 20% body fat to be "slathered in fat."

Comment

When I first started out, I was 230lbs.
                      My goal was 160lbs., mostly because that was my weight as an athletic 19 year old, fresh out of Navy bootcamp, and it's the weight that I've always felt my best at.
                      I got to 160, and around 10% bf, and now my body seems to want to stay there, without counting calories.

Comment

I now "hover" around goal weight. I always float 5-7 lbs around it... depending on time of the month, heavy workout, weekend of cocktails...etc. but I have been comfortable maintaining naturally just by continuing keep away from non-primal foods. I also have made a habit of only weighing myself occasionally. I wrote a little about "divorcing the scale" in one of my blog post.
                        Cheeky Fit and Fifty

Comment

Working...
                        X