Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does 3.2% M.F Stand For On Yogurt Containers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does 3.2% M.F Stand For On Yogurt Containers?

On yogurt containers, it says 3.2% M.F or 2% M.F. What do these percents stand for? I was looking for a plain yogurt for my skin as a mask and came down in choosing a brand that had these two percentages on their bottle (3.2% and 2%) Didn't know which one would benefit my skin more. Does anyone know which % would benefit my facial skin more?

Lastly, is there even a significant difference between 3.2% and 2% when it comes down to M.F in yogurts?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I'd say milk fat. I'd go for higher. Yes, one percent makes a big difference in milk.

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
      I'd say milk fat. I'd go for higher. Yes, one percent makes a big difference in milk.
      I had asked this question elsewhere and someone replied saying :

"It was made from milk that had 3.2% butterfat in it, such as homo milk. I make my own yogurt from non-fat powdered milk so it's got 0% M.F. The fats are not a necessary part of yogurt certainly not in your situation as a skin mask."

So it's butter fat? Doesn't seem to be too good for the skin. What do you think?

Comment

It would depend on what you're trying to achieve. I have oily skin, so I use clay when I give myself a facial. Is your skin dry? Then the fat might be beneficial. What are the properties of yogurt that make it good topically?
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          It would depend on what you're trying to achieve. I have oily skin, so I use clay when I give myself a facial. Is your skin dry? Then the fat might be beneficial. What are the properties of yogurt that make it good topically?
          Its acidic (cheap gentle face peel). Its astringent. Its replete w/ microbial life. Uhm, if it does contain butter fat, its good for your skin (ever had butter applied to a burn in the kitchen by your mom?, it works). In India, milk, yogurt & butter fat are used in ayurvedic skin therapies & pancha karma healing therapies. Had them there many times, its very refreshing actually.
          "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
          "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
          "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

I was taught that butter on a burn was akin to putting oil on a fire. But it does make sense that the acidity, etc. of yogurt woud be good for skin.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
              Uhm, if it does contain butter fat, its good for your skin (ever had butter applied to a burn in the kitchen by your mom?, it works).
              Please don't use butter on a burn. I know this doesn't pertain to the original question, but I felt the need to address this.

Comment

3.2% means the yohgurt was made from full fat milk. Full fat milk ranges from 3.2 to 4% fat.
                2% yoghurt is made made from 2% or roughly 1/2 fat milk.
                Fat in milk is shown as % of wieght weight as opposed to % calories. Full fat milk has aboout 80 to 90 % of calories fat IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                X