feeling weak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling weak?

I've been experimenting with eating low-carb. It's helped me a lot in the past in regaining fertility (had PCOS, couldn't conceive). For awhile I was consuming around 75-100g/day. For the past couple months, I think I may be around 50g/day, mostly from root veggies, dairy, rice. Occasionally legumes, but that was the biggest elimination that resulted in the lower carb intake. I felt great for most of the past 2 months.

This past week though, something changed. I started to feel weaker and sometimes nauseated, get leg cramps occasionally in the mornings. I used to walk 1-2 hours carrying my 20+lb toddler. Now, well, I just don't feel like it. I'm not craving anything though, eat my meals as usual, don't feel hungry between meals, don't snack. Mood-wise, feel pretty good. My body just feels like it doesn't want to do things that involve too much strength.

On days where I increased intake of starch or sugar, I feel slight headache and heart beats faster.

I am more stressed lately though, since getting busier with work and some other transitions.

I'm also still nursing my 18 month old. But she's been eating more solids, and my lower-carb diet has never affected my milk supply thus far.

Just wondering what could be going on?

The additional stress is likely to blame. You could try upping carbs a bit while you sort out the stressful stuff and then when things fall into a better place you could resume the low(er) carb levels.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I increased carb intake the day after, had starchy veggies mixed with coconut and rice pancake, felt awesome the day after. Bought a ton of groceries, walked home from the market (about 1km), and enjoyed it! (this would be my lifting heavy things...)

Comment

Working...
      X