Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Your favorite Filler Foods?

Hey guys,

I'm wondering your favorite ingredients/snacks/meals are that give you more of that "full feeling" while also being pretty nutritious at the same time.

I find I get hungry again pretty quick sometimes and I'm looking to stretch my dollar a bit further.

For easy snack, sardines. For a cheap meal that lasts me a while, 12-16 oz of bacon.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Comment

-Hard boiled eggs
      -Nuts
      -Butter
      -Sweet potato/swede/celeriac... oven chips

Those are my go-tos, anyhow.
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Meat
        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Nuts, hard boiled eggs, pickles, olives

Comment

a splash of cream in my coffee, eggs, bacon.
            dark chocolate (since i only eat a square or two, rich enough taste)!
            "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Comment

honestly, vegetables - that's the bulk ingredient. throw in tons with whatever you're eating. more chews per meal = more filling.

Comment

Filler? None. I don't snack between meals and typically eat only once a day.

Eating slowly and chewing thoroughly are the primary way I make sure my meal fills me up.
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Cream.
                  Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                  5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                  Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                  TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                  bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                    honestly, vegetables - that's the bulk ingredient. throw in tons with whatever you're eating. more chews per meal = more filling.
                    Yep. That's what I do. Can't really get fat on pure bulky vegetables, and by the end of my meal, I'm usually too stuffed to think about another bite unless I force myself to gorge on sugar at my TOTM.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

For me, hard boiled eggs have some kind of magic protein/fat thing going that shuts my appetite down almost immediately. Way cheap source of protein. If you don't like them plain and don't have time or inclination to make home made mayo, a tablespoon of half and half + salt and pepper smooshed in makes egg salad.

Also potatoes, though not for everyday. Budget supper: cube and boil a potato. Once you can pierce the potato with a fork, drain in collander. Heat some leftover bacon fat (or fat of your choice). Dump in the potatoes, chopped onion, chopped pepper, and when those are nice and toasty, pour in however many scrambled eggs, salt and pepper, and cook through. That dish got me through some lean college days.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

radishes/baby cucs, nuts, chopped cabbage with salt and balsamic vinegar, mushed cauliflower with a touch of coconut milk, hot broth or hot lemon water with salt and cayenne pepper.
                        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

For me, the hunger didn't go away until I started keeping my carbs low, like 50-80. No taters, very little fruit.. Took about 2 weeks and my belly burning and hunger went away. Thank God! It was driving me nuts. I have weight to lose, hoping when it's gone my metabolism might work better and I can venture out a little? Don't know. But it sure is nice to be full. Last night, I was eating supper at the computer and got done eating and realized I didn't finish my smaller than usual plate. I didn't want what was left. Ha! THAT is a miracle right there. I've always had "I could eat" disease, and often, "I gotta eat" disease.

Comment

Really Big Ass Salads, preferably with leafy greens as main ingredient (lettuce or spinach), onions, avocado, ... and lots of boiled eggs. Concrete quantities: usually a salad for two have 2-3 avocados and 12-15 eggs, I eat around 2/3 of the salad.

If I'm too lazy to make this salad in the evening, I 'binge' on fruit (which is not that bad), or worse - my urge for some pizza become really strong.

Nuts are hardly feeling for me - I can eat tons of them without any sense of fullness.
                            Me@twitter

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
                              For me, the hunger didn't go away until I started keeping my carbs low
                              Same for me. If I do get hungry and want quick satiation I go for the fat - a tablespoon of coconut oil in a cup of coffee if I don't want to eat a meal yet. Avocado works for me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X