What Are Your favorite Filler Foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scott442
    My favorite low calorie snack is gluten free Wheat Bread. There are only 70 calories in two slices, and they taste great with some reduced sugar jelly/jam smeared in between them. It taste delicious. Recently there are many great companies creating healthy vegan snacks product like SheffaFoods, dawnfoods and many more– you can Google them and take a look at their product line, they taste great too!
    Bread and jam? Back in your box, please!

I like brazil nuts.

Comment

Took Judg's advice and tried stir-fry, and was amazed at the amount of vegetables I ate (and I LIKE vegetables, there's usually no problem with me eating them), and felt pleasantly(not grotesquely) stuffed for hours. But usually...fat!

Comment

Eggs....Only like 8 of them and I'm full. Thats only like 500-700 calories (depends how your cooking and how big the eggs).

Comment

Nothing fills me up fast like white potatoes. They're extremely nutritious per calorie and it doesn't get much more inexpensive.
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I don't eat fillers to feel full. If I get really desperate, I will have coffee with cream or a 20 minute walk.

I eat more potatoes or more fat if I know if I'm going to get hungry. And I get a pretty good idea of knowing if I'll get hungry as the days keep passing and I understand more about my natural hunger.
            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Ah, that's easy:

- avocados,
              - apples,
              - (raw) carrots,
              - sweet potatos (in the microwave or boiled, with butter and cinnamon)
              - vegetable soup!
              Last edited by La Carnera; 12-23-2012, 07:19 AM.
              Ancas Largas (or "Wide Hips") | visual primal diaries (in portuguese)

Comment

When I need a filler food, white potatoes win.
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Steamed vegetables with sea salt and coconut oil (or butter).

I'll often have an apple or a banana as a snack. I eat berries often. And every few days I'll have a small bowl of white rice.

Comment

These sausages drip with fat so they kill hunger. Yes it's a prepared food but at least they're gluten free and MSG free.

Two patties, a cup of herbal tea, and perhaps a little veg make an excellent 300-cal mini-meal.
                    Attached Files
                    5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Working...
                    X