Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehehe. I like you, Laz.

The "fast metabolism" focus of Peat's always struck me as odd. Getting your heart rate racing is not necessarily a sign of good health.

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
      ....... (not sure, his stuff made me want to punch kittens after 3 minutes)
      .....no kitten punching allowed...pls

Comment

I originally studied cell molecular bio in school....and for me it has never passed the sniff test.

Your cells process ATP, which gives off heat, which we measure as calories.....in most cells, the mitochondrial count is the same (one), however in muscle you can "grow" more mitochondria.

What that means is that there are really only two ways to create more mito or to make them process more ATP: Make more/largen cells (hypertrophy), or make them run through more ATP which only works as fast as you can supply oxygen, fat, or creatine.

Now, where does me eating Panda skin/refriend goat tongue/raw gelatin come in to influence any of that?

If someone can show me, biochemically, how the hell that works, then I won't think this guy is full of shit. Your metabolism (how many ATP you have running at a given time) is bent by your exercise habits, your genes, how cold/hot you are, and your age/gender. I haven't seen a study that has ever proven otherwise.
        "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          Yes, the giant game of playing telephone will continue (by both misinformed zealots trying to follow their guru to extremes and by detractors looking for the most laughable Peatarian nonsense to poke fun at) unless Peat actually deigns to write down in a clear manner a recommended dietary guideline.

Until then, I think I already know how to eat. It's called Primal.
          From raypeatforum:

Really not hard to understand. Avoid PUFA, balance amino acids out, get lots of calcium and sugar to support thyroid and keep stress response at a minimum. He has some food to avoid due to allergens, but everything else is left up to the individual. For example, I eat bananas, he thinks they're bad, but I tolerate them really well.

My food intake is now:

Oysters 4 times a week
          Gouda cheese every day 3-4oz
          Fruit usually OJ, bananas, dates, mango, some apple sauce
          Cottage cheese every day 16-32oz
          Liver once every 2 weeks 6oz
          2 eggs a day
          Coffee with sugar and half and half
          Mexican coke 1-2 a day
          Rice once in a while with San J gluten free soy sauce
          Carrots every day
          Potatoes 3x a week
          Dark chocolate 4-6 bars a week
          And tons of Knox gelatin in there

At odd times I'll eat oxtail usually a few times a month, and sometimes I'll have beef or lamb bowls with rice and more soy sauce.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

And having a racing heart rate does not mean that you have any additional mitochondria or that they are working any better. It just means you're on a sugar buzz of adrenaline.

Cross posted with Derp. That is still only a Peat DERIVED chart posted by somebody who frequents the Peat forum. Again an interpretation of the interpretation of the analysis of the excerpt.

Dayum, that's a lot of dairy. The hormonal aspect of that doesn't bother anybody?
            Last edited by Paleobird; 07-23-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

It's too next level for both of you, so, pointless to try and explain. Especially Laz, who doesn't even know T4 has to be converted to T3, which is a step above Paleobird not knowing about F1,6BP and glycolysis.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                From raypeatforum:

Really not hard to understand. Avoid PUFA, balance amino acids out, get lots of calcium and sugar to support thyroid and keep stress response at a minimum. He has some food to avoid due to allergens, but everything else is left up to the individual. For example, I eat bananas, he thinks they're bad, but I tolerate them really well.

My food intake is now:

Oysters 4 times a week
                Gouda cheese every day 3-4oz
                Fruit usually OJ, bananas, dates, mango, some apple sauce
                Cottage cheese every day 16-32oz
                Liver once every 2 weeks 6oz
                2 eggs a day
                Coffee with sugar and half and half
                Mexican coke 1-2 a day
                Rice once in a while with San J gluten free soy sauce
                Carrots every day
                Potatoes 3x a week
                Dark chocolate 4-6 bars a week
                And tons of Knox gelatin in there

At odd times I'll eat oxtail usually a few times a month, and sometimes I'll have beef or lamb bowls with rice and more soy sauce.

Your diet is more Primal than steak and eggs. Boom.
                | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                  Your diet is more Primal than steak and eggs. Boom.

I left out quantities of many things, and milk, but since it's summer I don't drink much milk. I take epsom baths for more magnesium too, because I usually end up with a ton of calcium at the end of the day.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

It's too next level for both of you, so, pointless to try and explain. Especially Laz, who doesn't even know T4 has to be converted to T3, which is a step above Paleobird not knowing about F1,6BP and glycolysis.
                    Derpy darling, when will you get it that saying something doesn't necessarily make it so? The fact that you need to make baseless and incorrect claims about what I or Laz do or do not understand speaks to the paucity of your actual argument.

Laz is a medical doctor, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      Derpy darling, when will you get it that saying something doesn't necessarily make it so? The fact that you need to make baseless and incorrect claims about what I or Laz do or do not understand speaks to the paucity of your actual argument.

Laz is a medical doctor, BTW.
                      So is my mother's husband, yet what he actually knows about nutritional science and biology could fit on a single page of paper double spaced. Credentials don't automatically make people all knowing. Laz goes out of his way to claim his knowledge is lacking in every post he makes, both directly, and indirectly. He'll call me an ass repeatedly though, when I'm simply taking my time to look at wikipedia to correct a medical doctor.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

I'm a cheeseaholic but that is a hell of a lot of dairy.

Comment

Good grief its not that complicated. Just avoid grains, trans fats, soy and processed foods. Eat organic and local if possible, fruits and veg, free range poultry, pastured beef and pork, wild (fish). Avoid dairy for the first 30 days then experiment with some raw milk dairy and see how you react. In other words eat real food, adjust the macros to what works for you and that's it.
                          Last edited by canuck416; 07-23-2013, 05:51 PM.
                          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

If you think you educated me with your thyroid knowledge, I cannot explain the arrogance that would imply.

I am not going to go into how I was looking for the SYMPTOMS of hyperthyroid in that post, not measurable hyperthyroid. I was simply looking to see if the med itself was a cause, as it often is. The person often begins to get heart palps, sweats, and begins to resemble a hyperthyroidic person in how they feel. Lethargy (her main complaint) is the calling card of poorly prescribed thyroid medication....but I am sure you already knew that too. Community college and google is a terrifying combination.

As for "next level", I am currently about 7%BF, squat 2.2x body weight, and have a very good blood panel. I have posted pictures that have proven this fact, but they get moderated out. I am sure others can tell you that my physique backs up what I say.

I know more biochemistry after 3 bottles of single-malt scotch than all of your googling will ever produce....on top of that, I am humble in that I don't know everything, something you could learn from. A very common thing for me to write something which essentially says "I don't know, and don't listen to most anyone that tells you they do."

"Don't argue with idiots. They will take you down to their level and beat you from experience."
                            Last edited by TheyCallMeLazarus; 07-23-2013, 04:56 PM.
                            "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

So is my mother's husband...

/snip
                              So are the dozens of medical doctors I have been under the care of since birth that have recommended: a) A pizza diet which consisted of a muffin and skim milk for breakfast, plus 3 slices of pizza per day (top pediatrician at Valhalla); b) taking fiber for my IBS symptoms; c) taking sulfa drugs, which I am deadly allergic to; d) eating low-fat foods, like graham crackers and Snackwells instead of fattening food like beef; e) injecting a dye into my brain to map my hormones circa 1989.

When I was in the hospital last week, my night nurse waited for several minutes for another nurse to come confirm that 22:00 is 10 o'clock because she didn't know and apparently counting to 24 is too hard for someone who is responsible for keeping me alive for a few hours.

Credentials don't necessarily mean a thing.
                              | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                                If you think you educated me with your thyroid knowledge, I cannot explain the arrogance that would imply.

I am not going to go into how I was looking for the SYMPTOMS of hyperthyroid in that post, not measurable hyperthyroid. I was simply looking to see if the med itself was a cause, as it often is. The person often begins to get heart palps, sweats, and begins to resemble a hyperthyroidic person in how they feel. Lethargy (her main complaint) is the calling card of poorly prescribed thyroid medication....but I am sure you already knew that too. Community college and google is a terrifying combination.

As for "next level", I am currently about 7%BF, squat 2.2x body weight, and have a very good blood panel. I have posted pictures that have proven this fact, but they get moderated out. I am sure others can tell you that my physique backs up what I say.

I know more biochemistry after 3 bottles of single-malt scotch than all of your googling will ever produce....on top of that, I am humble in that I don't know everything, something you could learn from. A very common thing for me to write something which essentially says "I don't know, and don't listen to most anyone that tells you they do."

"Don't argue with idiots. They will take you down to their level and beat you from experience."
                                Nice cop out, I wonder how many times you're going to edit this post. Do I frustrate you this much? You seem pretty intimidated for a self-diagnosed perfect human being. Doctor, 7% BF, very good blood panel, mansion, has a library of deep novels like stuff from Michael Crichton, or other books you google to look good with the primal ladies like all your other rips from OKcupid.

You're pathetic man, I don't need to be a medical doctor to diagnose that. Though, I wonder if you could properly diagnose it yourself. You're clearly overcompensating for something by saying this shit on the internet.

Profound.
                                Last edited by Derpamix; 07-23-2013, 05:05 PM.
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X