I wouldn't worry about people doing it too religiously: the food choices are extremely varied and people rarely stick to anything 100%. Eg. I had a completely carnivorous day yesterday: I ate eggs, a beef burger, and a veal chop. If anything, adopting this woe gives you the grace to mix things up as you see fit.
The excessive PUFA fear mongering annoys me, but it happens with any movement.
My Peat N=1, in case anyone gives a damn
I've been leaning this way for seven months, but really made a shift (unintentionally) one month ago.
Breakfast: yellow cheese (edam / gouda) and fruit (melon / nectarine / raspberries / kiwis / CHERRIES etc.)
Lunch: Cottage cheese and fruit. Sometimes smoked salmon.
Dinner: Fruit and Eggs / salmon / shellfish (prawns / mussles / calamari) / red meat
Snacks: Dates, Apples, other fruit etc.
Red meat (lamb / beef / veal) is probably once/twice a week; fish / shell fish three / four times a week, and have one / two veggie days. I drink coffee with gelatine maybe 3 times a day, sometimes make jello that has a two tea spoons of sugar in it. I also drink about a litre of coconut water per day, which Peat hasn't commented on, but I can't survive without
So, in total, about 2 tea spoons of sugar, no candy, or coke, lots of fruit, only grass fed meat or free range eggs. Fat intake is very moderate: probably 40gs per day. It feels like enough. I ate a vegetable about two weeks ago (a cucumber). I'd wager I eat better than a lot of people on this site
- I exercise intensely 5-6 days a week. Prior to this it was 1 day a week!
- My energy is stable. No crashes. Before: frequently burned out and tired.
- No cravings.
- Distinctly enhanced sense of smell.
- A heightened awareness of stress and anger. I interpret as an ability to process anger, whereas before I repressed it, and it became depression.
- Skin looks amazing
- Body odour has completely vanished (though to be fair: this happened when I went low carb too: I think it's from giving up starch).
- Gelatine suppresses appettie and makes hair grow faster.
- My feet are never cold anymore
- Discovered that 300gs of carbs = sound sleep, therefore chronic insomnia = cured.
The only downside to all this is that Ray Peat is going to wind up more expensive for me. My water bill will probably go up because now the slightest whiff off my clothes / possessions is unbearable, and I'll have to get my hair cut more often...