Can Grains Make You Crazy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knifegill View Post
    i saw ray peat begging for change in the subway the other day.
    lol
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Can grains make you crazy?

In the case of Rye... Why, Yes. Yes it can!
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Grains have made me plenty crazy... or maybe I was just crazy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Can grains make you crazy?

In the case of Rye... Why, Yes. Yes it can!
          4236441_700b.jpg

Comment

I can tell 30 min after eating anything with gluten in it. Most of the time I feel it in my gut. Sometimes I get weird headaches. I realize I start acting differently and try to remember if I just drove some one nuts or not. I never seams to happen with whole low processed grains of any kind (avoiding wheat when possible).
            Keep it going, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark h View Post
              I can tell 30 min after eating anything with gluten in it. Most of the time I feel it in my gut. Sometimes I get weird headaches. I realize I start acting differently and try to remember if I just drove some one nuts or not. I never seams to happen with whole low processed grains of any kind (avoiding wheat when possible).
              Funny...two nights ago I ate one small piece of birthday cake and within an hour my stomach was churning, and I had a headache the rest of the night. Hard to believe it can produce those kinds of reactions but good information to have when planning your meals/life.

Comment

Well, I din't know if it's the magnese in the stuff, but anything that can stimulate the opiate receptor in our brains and make us crave more and more and more of the stuff even when more is not needed...

Yeah, even seen a grain eater defend their habit so vehemently that it borders on insanity? I have a whole family of them.

Addicts, the lot!
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

For a long time I thought my stomach and head issues were from sugar. But it was the gluten. Now I will only taste things like cake. I find it makes the host or cook happy if I at least taste. Some of my relatives can not eat anything with rye or white flour.
                  Keep it going, Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X