Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times a week do you eat seafood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times a week do you eat seafood?

Just curious... how many "servings" of seafood do you guys eat a week?
    Trying to see if I'm way over or under on average...

I probably eat more fish than meat--on average 5-8 servings a week.

Comment

Rarely. Maybe once per week or less.

Comment

Originally posted by emmie View Post
        I probably eat more fish than meat--on average 5-8 servings a week.
        Same here, probably a little less than half of which is canned salmon, sardines, etc. on my BAS's through the week.

Comment

About 2-3 seafood meals a week. Like a BAS with grilled MahiMahi, and/or prawns. But I eat daily a sardines can. Or two... When I dont forget

Comment

I eat 4-6 servings a week -- usually canned wild salmon or tuna on my BAS, or kippered herring/sardines with HB eggs for an easy lunch.

My SO and I have plans for smoking a lot of the fish he catches this year, though. Excited about that!
            Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Thanks guys... was thinking about bumping my intake up... right now I'm at about 3 with a can of tuna, can of salamon and one fish dinner.

I should use fish more often in my bas for lunch....

Comment

I am eating canned salmon 5 times a week at least or about 10 servings a week.

Comment

2 or three times a week for me, including canned tuna with a little full fat mayo, onions and celery as one of my favorite lunches.

Comment

So, do you guys ever worry about mercury content in the canned, large fish? Does anybody tend more toward sardines/herring for this reason? Other solutions?
                    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

2 or 3 times a week at least, usually shrimp! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
                      The more I see the less I know for sure.
                      -John Lennon

Comment

5-6 times a week, smoked wild salmon on my BAS at lunch and shrimp once or twice a week at dinner. More if I can get the wild stuff cheaper or if we go out to eat.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

i would LOVE to eat more seafood, but i don't have much access to good quality stuff. all i can find is farm-raised crap & i'm not a big fan of canned tuna.
                          And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
                          Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
                            So, do you guys ever worry about mercury content in the canned, large fish? Does anybody tend more toward sardines/herring for this reason? Other solutions?
                            I do get concerned about that, and it is part of the reason for the reintroduction of red meats into our diet (to expand our protein sources).

Even so, we tend to stay away from the bigger fish (eat "regular" tuna only occasionally, and try to stick with US or Canadian albacore or US troll/pole yellowfin, both of which get relatively high rankings on the EDF list, especially relative to imported or longline yellowfin) and rely pretty heavily on a "Pocket Seafood Selector" I printed off from the EDF site -- it ranks (Best, OK, and Worst) fish from both the sustainability and toxic viewpoints. FWIW, I cross referenced it to Mark's recommended fish list in the PB, and there's probably about a 90% or higher consistency between them, the EDF one is just more detailed (i.e., fish can be in different rankings depending on how they're caught) and there is a farm fish they recommend (see next paragraph) vs PB's recommendation of no farmed fish. Generally we stick with wild caught fish: Alaskan salmon (fresh, frozen or canned), sardines, and canned tuna from smaller species (Wild Planet has something), etc.

One of the wild caught exceptions on the EDF list is for rainbow trout: they not only ranked farmed rainbow trout as Best, but really as the "best of the Best" with high omega-3's AND low in environmental contaminants. It's the only farmed fish we eat, and I'm hoping someday to be able to catch some wild; it's one of our favorites, and I've heard fresh wild trout is even more awesome.

Comment

I can't stand fish, so I never eat it.
                              Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Working...
                              X