Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far have you fallen off the paleo/primal bandwagon this holiday season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't fallen. But then again I hate social events and avoid them like a grinch.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Oddly, I fell off (or drifted as I call it) some months ago, gained some weight, felt crappy and all of that. I'm back on since the week of Thanksgiving and feel much better for it. I will probably suffer a little drift during the holidays but plan to keep things in perspective.

Comment

I'm generally happy to eat some sugar and fruit so that I can share enjoyment of a dessert. Like owly I have to avoid gluten as it makes me ill.

There are plenty of delicious gluten-free dessert recipes out there now. I found one in a newspaper and gave it to my Mum last weekend so we can make it at Christmas. It's mini-trifles made in glasses with layers of soft cheese mixed with lemon juice and honey, crushed amaretti biscuits, pomegranate and crushed pistachios.

Another mainstay for dessert is meringue-based recipes with fruit, cream and liqueur.
        F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
          I haven't fallen. But then again I hate social events and avoid them like a grinch.
          wanna go out

Comment

I'm not tempted by baked goods at all. They exist and I ignore them. If eating too many fruits in summer is falling off the wagon, then I guess I did, but I don't regret it for an instant. Other than that, I haven't eaten off primal at all. And I don't really understand why anyone would. Once you get how unhealthy grains and sugar are for you, how can they tempt? Once you've eaten them and felt like shit, why would you want to do it again? eh, I just don't eat stuff that will make me feel bad. Like raw peas...lesson learned. I love them, sure, but I'm gonna cook them next time.
            5' 9" 47 YO F
            PB start June 2, 2012
            Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
            Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

For some of us, those non-primal foods don't make us feel bad. I was feeling just fine when I switched to primal. I just got pissed off when I learned about the crap in our food source. Pink slime made me primal. If I want to lose weight, I reduce calories and go for long walks - it really doesn't matter where those calories come from just for weight loss. So, if I avoid crap foods 350+ days a year and eat the occasional non-primal food, I don't stress. Eating primal for me is about long term health, but it's also about taking a stand against food producers who think it's ok to put soy in tuna, ammoniated dog food into ground beef, etc.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I've been eating a lot of chocolate. It doesn't really have anything to do with the holidays, though. People just seem to feel a need to pay/bribe me with chocolate. I don't seem capable of turning it down.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

In the nearly 5 months that I've been Primal, I've fallen off a few times with ice cream and chocolate.
                  Luckily, those episodes happened after some pretty intense workouts, so the damage done wasn't as bad as it could have been.
                  Haven't had any grains since day one, though.

Comment

I've been doing pretty well so far this holiday season, I've been eating pretty clean. Exercise is where I'm fucking up. I haven't been working out much at all since Thanksgiving, maybe once a week at best. When I hit it hard after the holidays I'm gonna feel it for sure.

Comment

Pretty far.... Im drinking coke and rum right now

Comment

Office Xmas party was salad and sandwiches took out the filling and and ditched the bread - for dessert I had another helping of Greek Salad then went to my desk and had a piece of dark chocolate.
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Eh, last Christmas I ate dark cholocate treats ad libidum along with quite liberal sprinklings of wine. Throw in a New Year's cigar along with Islay whiskey until I felt my legs go wobbly and it's all good. No change on the scale and come the new year I was back in the saddle going strong.

Comment

I'm sorry Mark Sisson I've really fallen this holiday season. I will eat 10 big boring salads as penance for my sins.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

Why don't you just go have some nourishing french toast with syrup. The sugar should improve your mood.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not really in the mood for french toast currently.
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X