Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Year Old Vegetarian Kid Petitioning Because of Gatorade

Drink Ingredient Gets a Look - Yahoo! Finance

The kid is 15 years old, overweight, and vegetarian. She is petitioning PepsiCo because it has brominated vegetable oil in gatorade. While this stuff IS junk, honestly(and I'm really not trying to be mean towards a 15 year old kid) shouldn't she be worried about the massive amount of sugar that is in this and the load she is putting on her pancreas among the rest of the large list of crap that is in there?

Thoughts?
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs
    Goal - Around 200lbs(will be focusing on the mirror and not the scale then)
    Working hard to make a healthier and more active me.

Okay, your first clue would be the fact it's neon orange. The second clue would be that it takes more than 1 full second to peruse the ingredient list. But seriously - are we really drinking Gatorade for its natural, organic, healthy impact on our bodies?

My favorite quote:

The ingredient is added often to citrus drinks to help keep the fruit flavoring evenly distributed; without it, the flavoring would separate.
    Euw.
    Durp.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but this has fuckall with that kid being a vegetarian. Absolutely nothing to do with vegetarianism.

also

I have always been a fan of Gatorade, but I'm also really inquisitive and a health-conscious person
      does not compute
      carl's cave

Comment

*facepalm*
        -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

kid's 15, of course the crusade du jour isn't gonna make sense across the board
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            Truth.

I'm afraid to think what my crusade was when I was 15.

Probably that boys should be legally required to ask me to dance at Homecoming. Even on the slow dances.
            Durp.

Comment

Anyone else wants to pinch her chicks 'til they hurt?
              Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
                Anyone else wants to pinch her chicks 'til they hurt?
                creeeepy
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Gatorade is junk food. She is only 15 but if she was health conscious she would never consider drinking that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    I was a vegetarian pain in the ass.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Honestly, how many vegetables does one have to eat to be that fat? I was under the assumption that vegetarians were skinny-fat individuals with poor health, but never obese . Is sugar ok for vegetarians?

Comment

Originally posted by jaczor View Post
                        Honestly, how many vegetables does one have to eat to be that fat? I was under the assumption that vegetarians were skinny-fat individuals with poor health, but never obese . Is sugar ok for vegetarians?
                        It's from a plant and contains no meat so yes. So are pasta, rice, potatoes, chips, french fries, donuts, snack cakes, and anything else that does not have meat in it. It is very easy to get fat as a vegetarian that doesn't eat vegetables. Of course, it is easy to get fat as a non-vegetarian also.

Comment

Drink water!

Gatorade has done a great job of convincing us we need something special after physical activity. Sorry, we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppaCap View Post
                            Drink water!

Gatorade has done a great job of convincing us we need something special after physical activity. Sorry, we don't.
                            Depending on the duration and activity level, some people might. I work a full day of physical labor in the desert sun when it's 115F and monsoon season (aka: humid as hell), so during that time of year, I get severely depleted and can end up with a brutal migraine. But I still don't drink Gatorade. I go for a little coconut water and it's all good.

And even then, I only need it during the worst of the summer months.
                            Durp.

Comment

Well, even misguided, I'm sort of glad she's interested in something outside the scope of boys and make-up. I boycotted Coors back in the day (treated their workers like crap) and also grapes (in solidarity with the farmworkers). We all (the paleo and primal we) are trying to get food manufacturers to stop poisoning the food supply.

She's just a kid.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                              X