15 Year Old Vegetarian Kid Petitioning Because of Gatorade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaczor View Post
    Honestly, how many vegetables does one have to eat to be that fat? I was under the assumption that vegetarians were skinny-fat individuals with poor health, but never obese . Is sugar ok for vegetarians?
    Wow, don't criticize with the actual ideas someone puts forward. Nope, just go straight for calling the kid fat, because everyone knows a person's physical appearance totally invalidates everything else.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
      Wow, don't criticize with the actual ideas someone puts forward. Nope, just go straight for calling the kid fat, because everyone knows a person's physical appearance totally invalidates everything else.

Hmm, where did I said anything that could be interpreted as me invalidating her petition because she is fat??? I just asked a question, granted, off-topic because it is not related to the topic of her petition, but still a legitimate question.

I guess I should have said overweight instead of fat, my bad.

Comment

Brominated vegetable oil, or even regular old vegetable oil, is worse than sugar-water by several orders of magnitude. Props to her for calling attention to it.

A quick look at wikipedia shows most of the civilized world has banned BVO except for the U.S. Go figure. Even freaking India banned it.

Also, what's with all the vegetarian hate on a site run by a guy married to a vegetarian? There are real food vegetarians and crap food vegetarians, just like there are low carb paleos and there are Jimmy Moores. Besides, at her age, she's pretty much at the mercy of what her parents are buying, so being overweight shouldn't completely discredit her.
        Last edited by Chaohinon; 12-14-2012, 12:50 PM.
        “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

You can certainly get fat as a vegetarian and vegan if you don't eat vegetables. Chips, cookies, processed junk foods, soy meats, all are vegetarian too.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Gatorade is designed for athletes.. yet I always see fat non active people drinking it. Funny how that works.

Comment

From what I have read, brominated vegetable oils - brominated anything in fact - are seriously bad shit. Could be on a par with the sugar.
              Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

It's not terrible for athletes who work out for a living or play sports competitively. For people walking 2 mph at the gym, it's overkill.
                F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Working...
                X