Soft Stools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Stools

What foods will produce really soft stools?

I've read Mark's description of what good stools should be like. Never have I had one like that. Mine have always been hard and sink to the bottom.

Dried prunes and dried apricots help, but not enough to be functional. Is there anything else I can try?
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Less fiber, more water, more fat particularly coconut oil.

Comment

I second the coconut oil - still amazed at what OD'ing on the stuff can do in that department...
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
        I second the coconut oil - still amazed at what OD'ing on the stuff can do in that department...
        Yes, it definitely can be taken to the opposite extreme.

Comment

Thank you all, I'll get and eat Coconut Oil.

This site is amazing. I'm getting addicted. The huge amount of information and support is terrific.
          "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post

This site is amazing. I'm getting addicted. The huge amount of information and support is terrific.
            Welcome. Where in CA are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
              My first experience with about 1TBL in some coffee, I was making a mad dash in about an hour. Since then, I guess I am use to it cuz it doesnt have that effect anymore. I am sure it still helps, but nothing like the very first time
              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I guess I'm abnormal. I ate 5 tablespoons of coconut oil once for fun. Didn't do a damn thing.
                F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                  I guess I'm abnormal. I ate 5 tablespoons of coconut oil once for fun. Didn't do a damn thing.
                  The only time I ever had an issue with it was when I made these candy treats for a potluck out of coconut shreds, coconut oil, cocoa powder and a midge of stevia and some blueberries. (My first Primal Christmas.) They were so good I ate half the tray of them. That was not a brilliant idea.

I've never had a problem with normal dietary quantities of it either.

Comment

I'm another person that can eat large quantities without an issue.

Comment

Water.
                      My Health and Nutrition Blog
                      @ VIBRANTE
                      http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Comment

Ooo and also, medjool dates, raw eggs, eating calmly and chewing thoroughly, staying hydrated, moving your body.

For me sweet potatoes help with my stools, same with salads with fat.
                        My Health and Nutrition Blog
                        @ VIBRANTE
                        http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Comment

I put cushions on our stools at home, and it makes them much softer.

Comment

blueberries ! . extra fresh fruits do it for me! along with extra water. never fails!

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                              I put cushions on our stools at home, and it makes them much softer.

Comment

Working...
                              X