Dr. Oz again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Oz again

He has a show on cholesterol myths today.

Cholesterol Facts vs. Myths | The Dr. Oz Show

...And cholesterol is the wrong target if you’re trying to prevent heart disease.

We fervently believe that neither cholesterol nor fat is the major villain in the American diet – sugar is. We also believe that the case against cholesterol, which was made nearly 30 years ago, was based on faulty evidence. The case needs to be re-opened and the evidence needs to be re-examined...
    Am I reading this right?

Comment

Holy crap, he seriously said that???
      Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        Holy crap, he seriously said that???
        No he did not. The article was written by the guests on his show who wrote the book being discussed: The Cholesterol Myth. Let's not get out of hand and assume that Dr. Oz has turned to radical, wheat-hating, fat-loving lefty dietary "trickery" just yet!
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

He didn't, the authors of The Great Cholesterol Myth did. But posting their article on his website is a pretty big deal. Does this mean the tides are turning?

Comment

looks good!!

Comment

Does anyone know if this show was a repeat, or if it's new? There were indications that the Dr. Oz show with William Davis was one of the last of the season, so repeats would go back to hawking healthy whole grain SAD. The beginning of next season should be interesting.
              5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                Does anyone know if this show was a repeat, or if it's new? There were indications that the Dr. Oz show with William Davis was one of the last of the season, so repeats would go back to hawking healthy whole grain SAD. The beginning of next season should be interesting.
                If it was a repeat then clips will already be up of the episode on his website. If not, then it was likely new.
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                  The information provided by my cable company, detailing the episode, says it's "new".

Comment

It has to be new. I just bought the book last week. The book is very new

Comment

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
                        Bowden and Sinatra have held that belief for years, nothing new there...Oz was the one surprised.
                        Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
                        READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
                          “All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
                          Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
                          READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                            The information provided by my cable company, detailing the episode, says it's "new".
                            I didnt see it, but have it on DVR and it says also, Original Air Date 12-11-12
                            65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I DVR'd it and watched it, and I was really impressed with Sinatra and Bowden. It seemed obvious (to me) that Dr. Oz would have loved to challenge them, but he didn't know the research. He practically admitted that like most practicing physicians, he relies on what he learned in medical school and doesn't have time to 'keep up' with the latest research. He tried to seem 'neutral,' but it was obvious that he was uncomfortable with a cardiologist who knows a lot more than he does about this issue.

What I truly loved was S&B's emphasis on how dangerous statin drugs are in addition to being useless to prevent heart disease. For obvious reasons, they didn't come out and say that doctors have been the dupes of Big Pharma on this issue for years, but it is apparent.

They confirmed what I read long ago--statins were developed for that small group of MEN who develop cardiac problems in their 30s. Since then, Big Pharma has managed to recoup its research costs by marketing them to everyone in the world--with the cooperation of doctors who take their medical advice from drug reps.

As S&B emphasized, cholesterol has been made a 'villain,' when it's a natural part of our body's processes. Low HDL is best addressed with diet and supplements like fish oil (if necessary). What's best--Omega 3s!! Fish, ONLY grass-fed beef or bison, vegetables, etc. Basically, it's Primal eating that will provide the body chemistry needed for good health.

Comment

Working...
                              X