Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dairy Gives me problems but damn I want some freaking cheese.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I'd say that is clearly down to histamine intolerance.

Casein likely a lesser factor, and lactose of no concern whatsoever.
    Histamine intolerance sounds most likely in my own case.

Comment

I tried goats milk cheese a few years ago didn't know it was goats milk cheese, as the restaurant just called it chevre, And that seemed to do ok with me the other day.

I was at walmart last night and saw some kerrygold dubliner cheese. Which I bought and ate about an ounce of, along with some yogurt as per chocos suggestion, and man was it delicious. Took a giant shit this morning though. Which is good for me as i'm usually backed up so I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

If i wanted to eat more of this cheese today, should i again eat it with some yogurt and if I wanted to up the quantity and melt it on some beef how much should i go up to?

Comment

I'd say that is clearly down to histamine intolerance.

Casein likely a lesser factor, and lactose of no concern whatsoever.
        That would make a lot of sense, then, why I tolerate fresh cheeses much better. I really love the flavorful stuff that's 3 years old, but I find that the older the cheese gets, the easier I get stuffed up.
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by spuggygirl View Post
          Histamine intolerance sounds most likely in my own case.
          Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
          That would make a lot of sense, then, why I tolerate fresh cheeses much better. I really love the flavorful stuff that's 3 years old, but I find that the older the cheese gets, the easier I get stuffed up.
          I am finally ... getting over histamine intolerance.

This has been achieved through eating a very strict low histamine diet.

After following a very strict regimen for over a year, along with an anti-inflammatory diet, I have seen massive improvements.

Currently re-introducing more high-histamine foods while upping healthy alkakine anti-inflammatory white potatoes. It's working for me :-)
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

That sounds very not fun It would really be a pain to forsake all my convenient canned fish, shellfish, chocolate, fermented foods, pumpkin, and tomatoes.

Is this something that's developed over time? You mention that you are reintroducing higher histamine foods. Does that mean that one can get over a histamine intolerance?

Comment

That sounds very not fun It would really be a pain to forsake all my convenient canned fish, shellfish, chocolate, fermented foods, pumpkin, and tomatoes.

Is this something that's developed over time? You mention that you are reintroducing higher histamine foods. Does that mean that one can get over a histamine intolerance?
              In my case histamine dysregulation is inherited. The actions of histamine are very complex.

Eating a primal anti-inflammatory diet has helped make me much more tolerant toward high-histamine foods.

I am eating a lot of smoked mackerel and salmon now.
              F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Finding it difficult to source canned pumpkin tho!

Comment

Finding it difficult to source canned pumpkin tho!
                  Lol, I just boil a bunch of kabocha squash and that's my meal sometimes. Would that be high in histamines?

In my case histamine dysregulation is inherited. The actions of histamine are very complex.
                  I think it's the same way with me. My mom always talks about how she has intolerance to tomatoes and eggplant, and pretty much avoids fermented foods. I thought it was attributed to nightshades, but she does fine on other stuff, like potatoes, so I guess it's a histamine thing Darn.

Comment

Lol, I just boil a bunch of kabocha squash and that's my meal sometimes. Would that be high in histamines?

I think it's the same way with me. My mom always talks about how she has intolerance to tomatoes and eggplant, and pretty much avoids fermented foods. I thought it was attributed to nightshades, but she does fine on other stuff, like potatoes, so I guess it's a histamine thing Darn.
                    Canned pumpkin - or kombocha squash - not high in histamines.

But your Mum is pretty like me. I have to go easy on fermented foods and avoid tomatoes and aubergines.

Comment

Canned pumpkin - or kombocha squash - not high in histamines.

But your Mum is pretty like me. I have to go easy on fermented foods and avoid tomatoes and aubergines.
                      Oh, I thought pumpkin was high in histamines? That's great to hear!

Comment

Oh, I thought pumpkin was high in histamines? That's great to hear!
                        Sorry - it is relatively high in histamines - all canned foods are. Apologies.
                        Last edited by paleo-bunny; 12-16-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry - it is relatively high in histamines - all canned foods are. Apologies.
                          Nah, I think I made it unclear haha. Kabocha, fresh, should be low in histamines, though, right?

Comment

Working...
                          X