Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatoes and sugar

Hey guys,

I was reading 'ultra mind solution' by mark hyman and he mentioned that potatoes and pasta quickly turn to sugar. Is this true? I'm trying to cut all sugar out of my diet but eat new potatoes often as I thought they would be good carbs to eat.

What's your view on potatoes in your diet

Thanks

Potatoes are starch, and it quickly broken down into glucose. In moderation, potatoes are pretty benign, so I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you're not going overboard. There are better starch option, though: sweet potatoes, carrots/parsnips, turnips/rutabagas, plantains, etc.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Comment

Well I eat 5 or 6 new potatoes a day, however I'd have no problem adding the options you gave despite having not heard of some of them!

Thanks.

Comment

Look up the GI index - white spuds are pretty close to sugar as far as your body is concerned
        You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Some people like potatoes. Mark Sisson thinks they're OK to include in a primal diet Are Potatoes Paleo? | Mark's Daily Apple .

As for me...don't ask!

Comment

Working...
          X