Free Run Eggs in Toronto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Run Eggs in Toronto

Just looking into this for my cousin that lives in Toronto...

Can anyone think of somewhere where my cousin can get free run eggs within the city limits? Preferrably and easily accessible by public transit.
    Last edited by Lovestoclimb; 04-04-2010, 06:05 PM.
    I grok, therefore I am.

why pasteurized?

Comment

whoops sorry...I meant pasteured or free run. Fixed.
      I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

oooh, oh, me too! would love to find a source, esp downtown

Comment

President's Choice (Loblaws) has organic free-run eggs in the health foods section.

Comment

I'm talking the real deal though. Not the one's where they mean free-run within a coop. Free-run with dark orange yolks is what I'm interested in. Maybe a farmer's market somewhere or some mennonites selling them on a corner or something.
            I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I have nothing helpful to add, so I'm just going to mention that your title makes me imagine eggs scaling buildings and jumping over railings. Free-run eggs. hehe.
              Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

Comment

Hi Lovestoclimb,

The Stoddard family sells pastured duck and chicken eggs occasionally at the Wychwood Greenbarns Farmers Market (Christie south of St. Clair). I can't post their email address here, but if you do a search for "the Stoddard Family Farm" in Little Britain, you should be able to contact them directly to get on their email list. They also sell pastured beef, lamb and pork, with different delivery locations throughout Toronto.

Comment

Excellent...thanks very much KC!
                  I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

There are a few farmers at the Wychwood Greenbarns Farmers Market selling them. We went for the first time a couple weeks ago - it's the only place I've been able to find in the city that has them. I think they were all $5/dozen.

Comment

thanks for the info janaturner! much appreciated!
                      I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

The Culinarium in Toronto, located in the Mt. Pleasant and Eglinton area. You should be able to purchase them there.
                        I blog here: http://www.primalkat.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X