grass fed milk cheese vs raw milk cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grass fed milk cheese vs raw milk cheese

Which one is better (more primal) and does anyone know if there is grass fed raw milk cheese? Where to get it?

Google search for Castle Rock Dairy in Osseo, WI. Grass fed raw cheddar cheeses. They are wonderful. I am lucky because I get to buy them in my local grocery store, but I am pretty sure they ship

Comment

Raw milk cheese is better. Any raw milk product should be 100% pastured. Less pathogens that way.

Look here Where Can I Find Real Milk Products? to find some. I buy mine from a local WAPF co-op thing listed there, and pay about $10/lb. ymmv.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyP View Post
        Google search for Castle Rock Dairy in Osseo, WI. Grass fed raw cheddar cheeses. They are wonderful. I am lucky because I get to buy them in my local grocery store, but I am pretty sure they ship
        Unless I missed it, their web site does not claim grass fed. In fact, they say they grow their own grain to feed their animals.

Comment

We are in the upper midwest so I don't think it is possible to grass feed year round, but I do not farm so I am not sure. I have, though, SEEN those cows in pasture at all times of the year. It's local and very very good so that is what I purchase..dairy is an occasional treat for me and if often comes from this farm.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyP View Post
            We are in the upper midwest so I don't think it is possible to grass feed year round, but I do not farm so I am not sure. I have, though, SEEN those cows in pasture at all times of the year. It's local and very very good so that is what I purchase..dairy is an occasional treat for me and if often comes from this farm.
            I eat at 2-3 oz of cheese daily, usually hard parmesan or Kerrygold (cheddar & dubliner). I'm going to order some raw cheddar from Castle Rock to see how it tastes. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

It's good stuff! I hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
              X