Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting on weight, low energy, really need help !! :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zach View Post
    How many carbs do you eat a day?
    My day usually goes like this :

Breakfast : A smoothie for 4 people with 1 banana, large handful of mixed frozen berries, yoghurt, coconut powder and either milk or water, 1/4 cup almonds and 2 egg yolks.

Or, I will have an apple or a fried egg with either some mushrooms or asparagus which is in season. I am not a big breakfast eater and can't eat a big fried meal.

Or, a bowl of home made raw organic yoghurt with coconut flake and nut muesli.

Lunch: A salad with lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber, tuna, mayo . Sometimes some walnuts and cheese. Dressing is olive oil and vinegar.

Or: Left over frittatta with salad

Or: I start screaming because I am hungry and don't know what to eat. Need to spruce my salads up so they don't bore me and i feel like a rabbit I was also adding an almond cracker slathered in butter.

Dinner : Grilled pork steak with salad and wild rice

Curry (chicken or lamb) with wild rice, pumpkin and sometimes spinach

Lamb stew with all the fat on, with beans and peas and carrots, and rice or sweet potato

BBQ chicken with salads

So not sure what my carbs are ?

Comment

Well its certianly not low carb so most likely you are just eating too much fat.

Maybe you should just got back to your malaysian diet. Rice, fruit, lean meats, little dairy, avoid the nuts, seeds, grains.

Comment

Definitely lower fat. It's not harmful, but after a certain amount it's entirely useless especially in weight loss with regards to metabolism. Protein and carbs should be the main focus, with some saturated fat on the side.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
          A few things stand out:

* 40g of protein is too little . Try doubling it. Too little protein and your body acts as if you're starving and your metabolism slows

I think 40g is too little too. However, this information came from a primal site. To caculate how much protein in grams you need per body weight. I can't do it.

Comment

Does anybody notice that she started off at 100lbs on a 5'4" frame? I'm sorry, I'm at the same height, but even at my lowest weight, when people were saying that I was starting to look anorexic, I was 110 lbs. Maybe it's actually *gasp* HEALTHY to gain some fat. If you want to look good, you could focus on eating more protein and adding muscle mass.
            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

People have different body frames, I am 104 and 5'4 with a snall frame and nobody says I look too thin. I know women with larger frames who look extremely bony at their government-suggested weight though.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

sounds like you were super tiny before and now you are at a healthy weight...am I wrong?
                Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

If you eat too much of something (fat, carb, protein) your body will store it as fat. And by "too much" I mean more than what your body needs. So in a way, it's not a free-for-all lifestyle/diet since you still need to pay attention to how much is too much. Make baked goods/treats a once a week thing. Don't add fat for the sake of adding fat but rather cook good meals that include adequate fat. (and protein/carbs) Nuts & seeds seem to be everybody's "guilty pleasure" food here but I think it should be a "in moderation" food. If you aren't working out much then you probably shouldn't eat as many overall calories as if you were. Like a previous poster said, a 5'4'' gal shouldn't eat the same way as a 6'2" male weightlifter.

Comment

Originally posted by solstice View Post
                    sounds like you were super tiny before and now you are at a healthy weight...am I wrong?
                    I agree, but what I am suggesting is that maybe she actually is gaining the fat she needs to be healthy since she became Primal.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                      I agree, but what I am suggesting is that maybe she actually is gaining the fat she needs to be healthy since she became Primal.
                      wasnt there just a friday success story about a skin and bones gal getting the curves she never had before---now that she is primal?
                      Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                      http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

Oh yeah!

Comment

agree^^ I was going to ask the same thing. I'm 5ft, 47kg (could lose 2 kilos but I'd also then have no boobs so no worth it for me, to rid the little 4-baby tummy i have). I have a tiny frame (my foot is 22cm long), so even if the OP had a tiny frame as well, I cannot see that if I grew 4 inches (I wish!), and lost a kilo, I'd look anorexic.

Comment

Originally posted by Savayla View Post
                            I am 42 years old.
                            In addition to what has been said about too much fat, too many calories, etc., age plays a huge part in weight maintenance for women. It sucks, but for every decade we age, our metabolism slows down just a little bit and we have to work harder and tweak our intake a little bit more to maintain what we were as young adults.

I would also reinforce what has been said about the nut flours and baking. Get rid of it for 3 to 6 months if you can and try to stick with only things that do not have an ingredient list. I think that will help.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                              Does anybody notice that she started off at 100lbs on a 5'4" frame? I'm sorry, I'm at the same height, but even at my lowest weight, when people were saying that I was starting to look anorexic, I was 110 lbs. Maybe it's actually *gasp* HEALTHY to gain some fat. If you want to look good, you could focus on eating more protein and adding muscle mass.
                              I guess it does sound bad, but no, I was always underweight on the charts, and my DH obese !! But I am not underweight at all. Just the genes. My dad is the same. I don't look anorexic (well, not now for sure !!! ). With my first pregnancy I put on 21kg and lost it in 1 month and my second pregnancy 18 kilos and lost it in 3 months. I just am what I am, and I just hate what I am now. It is not how my body has been for the past 22 years. I am 42 years old. I can put up a pic of what I was and what I am now, in just 6 months, and it is a shocker what 6kg does to a small frame like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by solstice View Post
                                i have always been tiny. And when i put on the first 3kg I didn't mind at all. However, the last 3 kg have been horrible fat on my thighs and bum . That I just don't like.

Comment

Working...
                                X